Services Plugins FAQs

Stripe Marketplace Error card_payments capability must be enabled. .

@Serg
Hi,

I am set up with Stripe for an Express account. For one of my older seller users, there is no problem. For every new seller user, the error below occurs as the buyer goes through the purchase process:

The service Stripe marketplace - Seller charge a customer just returned an error (HTTP 400). Please contact the plugin author directly for feedback. Raw error:

{
“error”: {
“message”: “You cannot create a charge on a connected account without the card_payments capability enabled.”,
“type”: “invalid_request_error”
}
}

Questions: 1. Why does this error not occur with one of my older seller accounts and not the newer accounts when the same flow occurs for each buyer attempting to charge the credit card?
2. How can I fix this problem? How do I enable card_payments capability? (Even though I did not do that with one of seller accounts which is consistently working.)

The following is a step-by-step inspect showing of the error

Thanks

Hello, @paulb
Thanks a lot for your request.

Allow me to mention that this error is reproduced not by “Connect express/standard account”, but by “Create a seller” action. Thus, provided screenshots will not help us to investigate your error.
In case you have this action within your app, please provide us the screenshots.

Also, please note that adding the “Create ID Number Token StripeMarketplace Token A” action before the “Connect express/standard account” is the wrong step. It is not necessary here.

We need to check if you have this capacity in general.
Thus, please provide us the screenshots with the settings for the “Create a seller” action.

Looking to hear you soon.
Best regards,

Thanks for your response @Ecaterina,
It is my understanding that create a seller is only for custom accounts within Stripe.
From the documentation:
" Create a seller - Individual

So this is one of the main calls that was kept in mind during the developing of the plugin. It provides the ability to create a stripe custom account with all the necessary fields needed for it to be verified from the start, tho you have the choice of not filling in all the fields present there. This action call should be used only when creating accounts for individuals. Before creating a custom account you might want to create a bank account token first and use it so the created account has a bank account attached to it from the start"

Therefore I am confused as I am running an express account not a Custom account. And, I do not have the Create a seller action within the app at all.

Futhermore, if I do not have the ‘create a seller’ action, and have NEVER had this action within the application at all, and the said error comes from the create a seller action, then why would I get this error? Even better, why would I get this error with all new users, but not with a previous user?

Thanks.

Hello, @paulb
We are sorry for this inconvenience with the plugin’s configuration.

Due to the fact, that the basis of the error is unclear, can you please add our Support Team email to the list of collaborators to your application and provide me a link to your application? This will allow us to check your settings and run some tests to fix the mentioned problem.

To add our Support Team as a collaborator, you need to do the following steps in the Bubble Editor:

Settings > Collaboration > Add email support@zeroqode.com

Note: avoid the warning message regarding the plan, as we are an agency and you can easily add us to your collaborators.

Also, will be very helpful if you will add our eagles@zeroqode.com team to your Stripe account in order to check the correctness of configuration. It is not obligatory but will help us to investigate the case deeply.

Looking to hear you soon.
Regards,

This is now done. Also, when you look in my app, there is a page named stripe_test_flow_process which explains the steps of signing in to produce the results.

In addition to this Stripe problem, I am having an issue with your Paint & Signature plugin.
If the element is placed on a page, the Inspect button no longer works, nor does Group Focus.

This can viewedin action on the private_class_admin & live_class_admin pages. Popup classroom video

Thanks

Hello, @paulb
Thanks for the provided access.

Due to the fact that you have limited our access to your application and we can’t even preview any page within it, please let us know where exactly we can find the Workflow for the Stripe Marketplace Express plugin.
Unfortunately, we can’t check mentioned issue due to the fact, that we can’t reproduce created steps.

Also, please allow me to mention that the number of errors within your app (185 items) can have a significant impact on most functions, including Stripe.
We recommend you to check all of them firstly :pray:

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Best regards,

@Ecaterina I have removed the limitation to access. I have updated the page named stripe_test_flow_process to explain exactly where the stripe marketplace plugin workflows can be found as they are in multiple locations, 1 location for seller registration, 2 separate locations for buyer purchasing.

I removed the majority of the errors from 185 to 18 errors that will have NOTHING to do with the functionality of Stripe.

If you follow the instructions on the stripe_test_flow_process, you will properly create the account and be capable of reproducing steps.

Once again, access has been provided for the Stripe team.

Hello, @paulb
Thanks for the provided access.

We will take a look at your application and the Stripe account at the nearest time. After it, I will revert with our feedback. Thanks for the understanding.

Best regards,

Hello, @paulb
Sorry for my late reply and thanks for the patience.

We have checked your application and the Stripe dashboard, as per your request.

Please allow me to mention, that all Express accounts, which was created through our plugin, are works properly (the status is “Complete”):

However, these accounts have no capabilities to work with the cards. Please find the screenshot below:

You should add here all required capabilities, as mentioned in the settings (transfers, card payments). After adding, you can simply check your Stripe Dashboard for the express users.

Please check it and let me know if it works now.
Best regards,

This is highly disappointing. I provided detailed instructions for your team to test a NEW account and get it working. You simply looked at old information and came to the wrong conclusion.

The above items you listed within Stripe are very old and were created during prior debugging; restricted due to errors unrelated to the current problem (lack of bank account and SS# information) I looked at your screenshot and due to the dates listed it looks like you and your team never created a new account to check the problem.

And by the way, the functional accounts never had capabilities listed either.

This is what would be useful and would help me: Please show a screenshot with detailed instructions on how to list capabilities in that field to make it work. You do not have ANY information in your documentation explaining this field. And that was a question in my original message to you that has still not been answered.

Thank you.

Hello, @paulb
I’m sorry for the bad experience you have faced in this case.

Please allow me to mention that investigation of the user’s applications is not part of our duties :pray: However, as an exception, we can enter the applications in order to check some workflows or any other function parts of it.
Our team draws attention to errors in the platform or any missing parts because the errors could be found there.

So, as was mentioned at the beginning of this thread, the main issue is the possibility to make a payment through a card. We can see it from this error :

For new sellers, in your Stripe account, we found that you have not provided this possibility to all the users. But it is a very simple process :slightly_smiling_face:

Here you just should write “card-payment”:

You can see the description for this option below in the editor. Immediately after it, you will see these changes in the Stripe accounts for the new users.

Please try it and let me know about the result.

Sorry for this inconvenience :pray:
Best regards,