Services Plugins FAQs

Stripe Marketplace Error--link a customer to a seller

Hi everyone,
I followed a tutorial and began testing. I keep running into this problem. Any ideas on what I can do to fix the problem?
Thanks.

The service Stripe marketplace - Link a customer to a seller just returned an error (HTTP 400). Please contact the plugin author directly for feedback. Raw error:

{
“error”: {
“code”: “parameter_invalid_empty”,
“doc_url”: “Error codes | Stripe Documentation”,
“message”: “You passed an empty string for ‘card’. We assume empty values are an attempt to unset a parameter; however ‘card’ cannot be unset. You should remove ‘card’ from your request or supply a non-empty value.”,
“param”: “card”,
“type”: “invalid_request_error”
}
}

Hi @paulb, thanks for reaching out.
Would it be convenient for you to add our mail support@zeroqode.com as a collaborator of your app? That will allow us to check what’s wrong with your setup and test it out in our workspace.

Enter your Bubble editor page -> Settings -> “Collaboration” tab -> Invite a user (email).

(Note: disregard the warning message regarding the plan, as we are an agency and you can easily add us to your collaborators.)

I will check your setup and do a few tests in an attempt to find the root cause and help you fix it.
In case it is ok for you, please let me know.

Regards,

1 Like

Thank you very much. I will do that right now.

1 Like

Hi @paulb, sorry for the delayed reply (due to the weekend), and thank you for the provided access.

Kindly note, that to have the Stripe plugin working as it should within your app, it is required a workflow rework/recheck, to have all Stripe-related actions working properly.

For that, please use our plugin Demo Editor page (namely the related workflows as guidance) and see if within your app you’ve implemented the same:

1. create a bank account token
  2. when a bank account token is created, you implement the following action steps: 1) creates a new seller; 2) sets the SellerID etc. (but it would be best to save this SellerID into your database at this step, as you’ll need it later on)
  3. separate button for creating a card token
  4. when card token is created, you implement the following action steps: 1) create a customer; 2) set state CustomerID; 3) set state CardID; and when actually paying, you have to: 4) Link customer to a seller; 5) seller charge a customer etc.

Also, considering that your application is based on a template with already implemented payment functionality, allow me to recommend you to create a new template-based app, which you can use for reference and reproduce the Stripe plugin payment logic step by step, checking which new action will cause the above-mentioned error.

In case the error will persist, please provide a use case flow (what should be clicked), that will allow us to reproduce the error.

Hope it helps. Please let me know if we can help with anything else related to our plugin and template.
Regards,

1 Like

Hi @serg ,

Thanks very much for your reply!

I have a question about the bank account token. I’m using Stripe Connect’s express option. Stripe collects and stores the bank account information. Why would I create a bank account token?

I used the **Create ID Number Token StripeMarketplaceToken A** using the current user’s uniqueID → **Connect express/standard account** to connect them to Stripe connect express.

thanks,

Hi @paulb, thanks for your question.

Sorry for the misunderstanding from my side. Kindly consider the above-mentioned list only as general guidance for a standard case.

Considering the character of the received error (“You passed an empty string for ‘card’), please check if the user profile used for testing of payment, has all related fields registered and completed in the database (Customer ID/Card ID).

At the moment, on your development version, there is only one user that fits this case - jessica@test.com. So if you will test with any other user profile - most probably it will show an error.

Please let me know if any other help is required, related to our plugin.
Regards,