Services Plugins FAQs

Stripe Marketplace Express

Hi,

I am building a marketplace based on the Rental-marketplace Template. Stripe is already integrated in that template but it seems that the new Stripe Marketplace Express template allows the seller to sign up a way easier than the one which is integrated in the template. I want to charge a commission on both sides: seller and user.
Would the new stripe marketplace express template be a better fit for my intention? And would it be easy to integrate in the rental marketplace template?

Thanks,
Johann

Hello, @Johann. Thanks for reaching out.

Let me please investigate your question. I will let you know when I have any useful update for you.
Thanks for understanding :pray:

Regards,

@Johann,

Unlike the Bubble’s Stripe plugin, our Stipe Marketplace Express is more customizable. You can create Custom, Express, Standard Account, and also to connect an already existing Standard Stripe Account, using actions of our plugin.

Bubble’s Stripe plugin can only connect an already existing Standard Stripe Account (also create one, but it is a bit less user-friendly process).

It is possible to do, using both plugins but you will be needed to calculate the seller_fee+buyer_fee and send this value within the common “App Fee” filed:

I suppose, if you want to charge a larger commission for the product (customer + seller), then it’s better to simply increase the price of the product and specify a greater value in the App Fee parameter. This option will be much easier to implement.

As per the fact, both plugins can handle the feature you want to implement to your app - it is up to you to choose the best plugin. But still, Marketplace Express plugin is more customizable and it carries a bit more functionalities that the Bubble’s Stripe plugin.

It will be definitely a challenge for the Beginner to manage such template customizations, so I’d like to recommend you to study some Bubble documentation:

I hope this will be helpful for you :pray:
Regards,

Hi Kate,

Thank you for your answer. I will study all the links you have included in your answer and make a decision afterwards.

Cheers,
Johann

1 Like

Hi Kate,

I am just diving into the Stripe topic and I have a question.

How can I change the “Book now” button to a “Reserve” function? I do not want that the buyer can book without that the seller accepts the offer first. Like in Airbnb, there is instant booking or reserve (and the seller has to accept, or not). Can I do that with the rental marketplace template?

Cheers Johann

@Johann,

It is possible to change the Booking flow to Reservation, that you are talking about. We have the Booky template, that carries the same Booking/Confirmation functionality, that is interesting for you. You can take a look at the template:

I can give you some insights into how you can change the “Book now” button to a “Reserve” function.

1. In the HomeBNB template, when the “Book now” button is clicked, the action “Charge the current user” is triggered. You need to change it to the “Create a new thing” - and create a reservation record.
    As per the fact you want to create a reservation of the booking, you need to have the Reservations table in your database, where all the user reservations will be stored, with all the necessary fields like time, clientName, confirmation status y/n, hostName, etc.

2. Once the reservation record is created, you need to inform the host that his property was reserved. You can do this by sending the email to the host and by sending the message notification (messaging logic is integrated into the HomeBNB template, so you have an example).

3. When the host receives a “reserve” notification, you need to give him the possibility to accept/decline this reservation. You can add the possibility to accept/decline the reservation within the message conversation, or create a separate place in the host profile page. (The details of this functionality you can find in the Booky template).

Add the repeating group within which the host’s reservations will be displayed when some user creates a reservation. Create a Confirm/Deny buttons.
    The Confirm button should trigger the making changes to the current reservation record that change it to “active” (change it’s status to reserved=yes, pending=no, etc). You can also add the email sending an action to inform your customer that his reservation was confirmed.
    The Deny button should trigger the making changes to the current reservation record to change it to “inactive” (change it’s status to reserved=no, pending=no, deniedbyhost=yes, etc).

I hope these tips will be useful for you and help to move forward to your aim :pray:
Regards,

Hi Kate,

Thank you for your detailed reply (I appreciate it).

"…When the host receives a “reserve” notification, you need to give him the possibility to accept/decline this reservation. You can add the possibility to accept/decline the reservation within the message conversation, or create a separate place in the host profile page. (The details of this functionality you can find in the Booky template)…)

I think I should find the solution on that here:
https://lab.zeroqode.com/course_details/smart-calendar-booking-system-course-1512006037456x215091940714046370)

“…As per the fact you want to create a reservation of the booking, you need to have the Reservations table in your database, where all the user reservations will be stored, with all the necessary fields like time, clientName, confirmation status y/n, hostName, etc…”

The home rnb Template has already reservation data included, that should make it easier.

Question:

I tested Stripe today and it works fine so far. As by my template there seems to be a 5% charge programmed. How can I change the 5% to 10%? I see that there is a kind of formula used for that. Do you have any documentation how to create 10% or 12 % (how does the formula work).

Thank you,
Johann

Hi,

I solved already my questions regarding the commission formula. Unfortunately with the link of the booking template I can not see the workflow (I guess I have to buy the template for that :thinking:).

Over the weekend I gained a better understanding of Stripe Connect. The way it seems to be set up is that the seller is creating a standard account and connecting this standard account to my account. Due to the idea of a standard account, the seller is anyway in charge for everything (sending receipt, refunds, capture money etc). I also understand that when the user (buyer) presses “Book now” after typing the CC details, the CC doesn’t get charged until the user captures the money. This actually means, the moment the seller captures the money, the seller agrees to the booking. If the seller does not agree to the booking, the seller simply does not capture the payment. This is actually a kind of “reserve” functionality. Did I understand that right?

I also learned that if the seller gives a refund, the seller still has to pay the stripe fee and my app fee. Is this by default of Stripe or can I change that in the workflow?

Last thing: If a seller signs up with Stripe, the Statement descriptor shows “new rooms”. The same appears when the seller sends a receipt. (see attachment). Where can I change that in the workflow?

Thank you,
Johann

Hello, @Johann. Apologies for the late reply :pray:

It’s quite simple. You can change the app fee value within the payment action (charge the current user):

This is the screenshot from the AirBNB template (Book now button workflow). As you can see here, the app fee is calculated according to the number of days, reserved by customers, multiplied on the app fee percent (price/100*5=5% app fee).

Due to the fact that you can not indicate the % value within the App fee field, you need to express the % value in proportion format. E.g.: 10% = price/100*10; 12% = price/100*12, etc.

__

Not exactly. The seller will get his money right after the buyer pays for the booking with his CC > marketplace holds it’s fee > Stripe holds its fee.
There is an option to reserve the payment to the seller by using the Capture Now feature. This feature can be used when the Seller charges a Customer, and the transaction reserves for 7 days before being transferred to the Seller. Take a look at this post to find a bit more details on the Capture a charge feature:

__

As it is indicated in the plugin documentation, it is possible to change the fee amount within the Create a Refund action. The seller can change the App Fee amount, but not the Stripe fee:

__

You should be able to find it in the workflow of the page you’re getting this receipt. The action should be “send email”, which is most likely goes after the CC payment action. I’m afraid I can not reproduce your case and suggest more details because we are capable to check the payment functionalities in the test mode only.

I hope this info will be useful for you.
Regards,

Hi Kate,

I am not using the zeroqode stripe plugin. The Home BNB template is using the Stripe Plugin by Bubble. It looks like the links are more for the zeroqode Plugin. In my template I do not find any workflow where I can make changes to the sign up as a seller and I find nowhere (nor in Stripe or the template) why the Statement descriptor says “new rooms”. Where can I find the workflow like in the attachment?

Cheers,
Johann

@Johann,

Yes, apologies for this moment. I’ve mentioned the Stripe Marketplace plugin because this is the only Stripe plugin that contains the Create a refund action. The Bubble Stripe plugin (that you’re using in your HomeBNB template) does not have it.

But you can add this action if you use the Stripe Marketplace Express plugin. It is the extended version of the Stripe plugin, that contains a lot more functionalities.

You can’t find the Stripe marketplace (testing) - Create a refund action in your workflow because it is not available in Stripe plugin that is used in the HomeBNB template. Apologies for the confusion I’ve made :pray:

Can you please check the settings of the Stripe account that you’ve connected to the template as a seller? This can be an option.

Hope this will be useful.
Regards,