Services Plugins FAQs

Stripe Marketplace - How to create an off session payment intent for a connected account?

I’ve been running in circles and I hope someone can help me understand if this is possible!

I have a digital marketplace, the flow I’m trying to accomplish is:

1. User adds a payment method using Paymentintents API
  2. User can create an offsession PaymentIntent and
  3. Payment will go to connected account and app will receive a fee

How this works in the plugin demo: https://www.loom.com/share/46f37e0fff444a2fb9ad116562ac1eaa

It works if I don’t specify the Stripe header, but in this case I would like to provide one but I receive this error.

I was trying to go the SCA route which was working, however I ran into an issue where the user will receive the digital download even if the user doesn’t complete payment on the SCA page because it was all happening in the same workflow. I also can’t direct the user back to the page and provide the download that references the purchase from the repeating group item as an alternative solution.

If I can set up the flow described above, I’m hoping I can:

1. Have user add the payment
  2. User can create an offsession payment
  3. Pay the connected account and platform receives fee
  4. Provide download/create transaction record only if payment is successful

I was reading this thread Stripe Marketplace Plugin - Destination Charges - #2 by Julia. It seems to apply here but I’m not sure of how to go about setting up the 2 step process if I will need to accept full payment first, and transfer after.

Thanks for any help, this is the last piece to my puzzle which I can hopefully figure out! I really appreciate anyones insight or suggested workarounds :).

Hi @keishasthomas,

Thanks for reaching out. Let me try to help you here.

Firstly, it is important to note that if you want to pay the connected account, you need your customer/payment source to exist in that connected Stripe account. For this, either you create it in that account, or you clone the payment method and clone all the existent data on the platform in your connected account’s account.

You can check this doc section.

Hope it helps.

Alex

Thanks for your response and I hope you’re having a good new year so far!

I’ve added the clone payment to the workflow. When I go into Stripe the payment shows as incomplete unfortunately.

I’m sure I’m missing something but I wasn’t sure if there was a comparable example in the demo you all have. It doesn’t appear to be applying anything to the connected account either, but perhaps once I can get the payment to complete it will.

I would appreciate any guidance on the appropriate workflow and any checks I can add to stop workflow if the payment fails.

I really appreciate any insight :slight_smile:

Hi @keishasthomas,

Thanks for getting back. Please let us check on it and notify asap!

Alex

Hi @keishasthomas,

Would you please be so kind to share screenshots of the Create a payment intent action so we can see all the fields?

Alex

Apologies I missed the reply!

Are you referring to this screenshot?

I may try to implement the standard method if that’s easier. I appreciate the support as this is the last step to getting my app to work :crossed_fingers:!

Hi @keishasthomas,

Thanks for getting back. Your setups seem to be ok based on this screenshot. Just make sure that when you Create a session, the Capture Method field is set to automatic as well.

The Incomplete status doesn’t mean that something went wrong. This is just the checkout letting you know that it hasn’t been finished yet.

Stripe lets you complete the payments in two ways: automatic and manual. If you set the capture method to manually do it, you’ll require to add the Capture a payment method intent action as well, but if you want to do it automatically, just make sure to configure the fields where necessary.

Hope it helps!

Alex

Thanks so much I really appreciate your support!

2 Likes

Always welcome @keishasthomas!

If you like our plugin so far, could you please rate it by going to Plugins tab in Bubble editor? You can find the plugin by name and give it as many stars as it deserves.

The more feedback we get, the more motivated we are to build great plugins!

In the off-session
I would like to do a flow where the seller sets the final amount and the payment is finalized when the customer approves that same amount. Can you please explain the procedure and actions?

Hi @nobun583,

Thanks for getting back. Sorry but custom implementations are beyond our support services. This would imply actually a portion of your own Bubble app logic to be built. As for workflow actions, the only thing we can suggest is simply check our docs here to study the plugin features, or editor here to check the examples we have and build your app as you like.

The actions you’d most likely require are Create a payment intent and then Capture a payment intent.

Thanks for understanding.

Best,
Alex