Services Plugins FAQs

Stripe Marketplace Plugin - Destination Charges

Thanks @Ecaterina – we would be really grateful for a solution to the problem here! We even tried reaching out to the person from the bubble forum who had setup Destination charges manually via the API Connector but still have yet to get more details from him so you guys are our only hope.

We did some more testing ourselves and indeed seem to run into the problem of a missing Session ID:

Here’s our new workflow and what we changed when testing the new version of the plugin:

1. First we removed the populated Seller-ID and Application Fee Amount from the Create a session step

2. Then we added the Creating destination charges action to the workflow as the following step. Here we basically added the information we removed from the previous step assuming that the Application Fee Amount will be added separately on top of the Amount and not deducted from it (please confirm).
    As mentioned before, we would ideally like our 10% application fee to be its own line item on the checkout page such that the buyer sees a breakdown of the price, fee and total.

3. Finally we did nothing to the Go to checkout SCA A step as we don’t know how to merge/reconcile the former two steps (Create a session and Creating destination charges) together in one secure checkout.

It seems to complicate things when trying to crowbar the new Creating destination charges step into our existing workflow so we can’t help wonder if it wouldn’t be simpler just to have a destination charge parameter/toggle option in the Create a session step module. But we’ll leave that decision to you guys!

Many thanks again,

@founders
Thanks for the details.

It is not possible to “Create destination charge” action in the “Create a session” action. All the actions are created accordingly to the Stripe possibilities.

We will check if that is possible in this case and will revert with an update.
I need to point out that we will not provide you with an exact workflow, but will describe how you can use this action on your side.

Best regards,

1 Like

Hello, @founders

We’ve investigated the possibility of using “Creating the destination charge” and “Go to checkout SCA” and unfortunately, this is not possible.
Here you can check how exactly “Destination charge” is working:

With the above code, the transfer_data[amount] (8.77 USD) is added to the connected account’s pending balance. The charge total less the Stripe fees (on the charge amount) less the transfer_data[amount] is added to the platform account’s pending balance (0.64 USD, which is 10.00 USD - 0.59 USD - 8.77 USD).

So, the new action is incompatible with “Go to checkout SCA”.
Thus, the only option is to use this action separately or stop on your first workaround, which you described earlier.

Please let me know if I can help you with anything else.
Best regards,

Thanks for checking @Ecaterina.

I’m not quite following the $10 charge example you illustrated. Looks like you say the seller (connected account) should receive 87.7% of what the buyer pays making our cut an odd 12.3% of which stripe takes 5.9%a and we keep 6.4%. You write below the chart “less” a few times in a manner I can’t make sense of.

Just as we need chargeback protection for our sellers, we need 3D secure checkouts for our buyers on transactions through our app so to use your plugin we ask you to make the “Creating destination charges” action module compatible with the “Go to checkout SCA” action module. Perhaps you could use the “Create a session” action module as a scaffold to keep most of the same fields but such that there are two variants of it: a Direct charge type and a Destination charge type. That’s the only way we can avoid the first step (step 3) of “Create a session” is if there is a “Create a session” with Destination charges.

Many thanks,

Hello, @founders

I would like to highlight that this example is provided by Stripe in their official documentation ( as well as the screenshot of the flow of this operation).
From 10$, which was paid to the Seller, 8,77$ goes to the connected account (Seller),0,59$ is a Stripe fee and 0,64% goes to the platform ( admin of the platform for selling any goods).

As I noted earlier, these 2 actions are incompatible by default. So, we can’t combine them since it’s restricted by Stripe functionality (it is not possible to create something, based on Stripe, which was not implemented originally).
I will talk with our developers about what is possible in this case, however, I can’t guarantee that it would be possible in the exact way you need.
Thus, as was pointed out above, you can use your first workaround as a possible solution.

I will revert with an update as soon as it would be possible.
Best regards,

1 Like

Hi @Ecaterina, thanks for your continued support here. Highly appreciate your repeated attempts on solving this matter!

In the time since your last response we asked Stripe’s support team for confirmation on the incompatibility of their functionality with regards to SCA and Destination charges.

For context, Stripe Checkout supports Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) out of the box as outlined here: How Checkout works | Stripe Documentation

As such, 3D Secure is dynamically supported via Checkout whenever the card issuing bank requires 3D Secure to be performed due to SCA regulations. It’s unclear why Zeroqode is saying this is due restricted Stripe functionality, since whether you use Checkout for Connect or otherwise doesn’t impact the support for SCA/3DS. If your module is integrating with the following solution then it should be expected that it supports 3D Secure: Create a payments page | Stripe Documentation

Hence we were advised to push back as handling 3D Secure with Checkout - using Destination charges - is 100% supported. But perhaps you can explain why this would need to be two separate “actions” on your side?

Many thanks and warm regards,

Hello, @founders
Thanks for providing this information to us.

I will pass this information on to our development team for investigation.
Probably, some of the possibilities of the action were incorrectly understood by the team.

If it still will not be possible to implement, during some limitations or any other factors - I will let you know.
Before it, we will do our best to carefully analyze the docs.

Best regards,

1 Like

Thanks! We look forward to hear from you! And happy new year to you and the team :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello, @founders
Happy New Year to you too!

I will let you know once the new action will be deployed. We did some changes, accordingly to the Stripe documentation, so it should be more convenient for your use case.
I will revert with an update ASAP.

Best regards,

1 Like

Hello, @founders

By this message, I would like to notify you that our Development Team did some changes to “Create a destination charges” and now, you can use the “Go to checkout SCA” action with it:

Please update the plugin’s version, put the “Go to checkout SCA create a session” action after the initial one, and give it a try.
Hope it will work properly on your side.

Best regards,

Hi @Ecaterina, thank you and the dev team for trying to fix the module to work with SCA!

We have hit the same error message after replacing step 3, i.e. “create a session” action module with the new and improved “creating destination charges” action module:

Take a look at the way we set it up:

We have tried changing our Stripe from live to test mode while testing the new workflow and furthermore used the debug mode in Bubble to see if any errors present themselves. Still we hit the same Stripe checkout error message despite no apparent errors in the debugger.

Any ideas what we should try next or what we could have done wrong in using the upgraded module?

If not, please have another look to see if something is missing in the new version of the “creating destination charges” module because the “create a session” module works in test and in live mode.

BTW we are using the latest version of the plugin of course.

Many thanks,

Addition: the imagesURL field in the “Creating destination charges” module is mandatory.

But the larger issue: it requires a list of images. Why? Would it not be best to simply have an image file or an image URL? Best if not mandatory.

Hello, @founders
Thanks for letting me know about this.

Here you can use “Do a search for…” in order to search through the specific database for images:

As for this error, the best way for investigating this error is by checking your app.
Can you please add our Support Team email to the list of collaborators to your application and provide me a link to your application? This will allow us to check your settings and run some tests to fix the mentioned problem.

To add our Support Team as a collaborator, you need to do the following steps in the Bubble Editor:

Settings > Collaboration > Add email support@zeroqode.com

Note: avoid the warning message regarding the plan, as we are an agency and you can easily add us to your collaborators.

Looking to hear you soon.
Regards,

Just added you :slight_smile: Thanks!

Hello, @founders
Thanks for adding our team.

We will take a look at what is possible for this case and will revert with an update.
Allow me to point out, that we only do this on an exception basis, as well as improving our products accordingly to the unique use case. This is beyond our responsibilities :pray:

We will take a look at your application with our team.
Best regards,

1 Like

Understood @Ecaterina – we really appreciate it!

1 Like

BTW @Ecaterina, the mandatory image field is a problem as we do not have a database of images to search like that. Rather we have one image per product. To solve it, we request the field be made optional like it is in the “Create a session” action module. Wouldn’t that be a possible quick fix on your end, too?

Many thanks,

Hello, @founders

Please note that each change of the plugin requires more time that can be assumed. Moreover, we used information, provided by the Stripe.
I will discuss with our team if it would be possible to make this field optional, however I can’t provide you with any estimates on this matter. We need to see how feasible it would be for us :slightly_smiling_face:

Best regards,

1 Like

Hi @Ecaterina, can you check if something has been updated on your side? We’re getting this error now for a new signup when trying to go to checkout:

Seems to just be the one though, thankfully but still need to solve it soon as the user is impatient.

Many thanks,

Hello, @founders

Our team is working on fixing the error, discussed above. I can’t provide you with an exact timeframe for when it would be ready, but we are doing our best to finish it at the nearest time.

As for your issue, it seems like it is related to the keys, but not to the plugin.

I will let you know once it will be ready.
Best regards,