Services Plugins FAQs

Stripe Not Working Anymore

I recently purchased a template and while setting up the template I followed the zeroqode documentation to set up payments. The product I created in stripe (both test & live) was not showing up in the drop-down for plan selection. So I began troubleshooting.

Then I read this on zeroqode documentation: Note: Since the app has two versions - Development and Live - you need to have both versions of your account in Stripe to have the same plans with the same IDs.

Stripe was not showing the option to set custome product ID. I could copy product from test to live but the ID was different. So I reached to stripe team, chatted for hours and they finally said this was no longer possible.

So how can I set up stripe in this case?

Hello, @9dj
Thanks for reaching out.

Can you please let me know which template you are using?
Despite the fact that we are using the Bubble Stripe plugin in almost all our templates, the specification of the template will help me to provide you with more details regarding the settings.

Please note that this prevention is related to Subscribe the user to a plan action. This action subscribes a user to a plan, which was previously defined in Stripe. Then, the card will be charged on a regular basis.
If the user is already on a plan, their subscription will be updated to the new plan. If the user fails to enter their credit card information, the workflow will stop running.

Please share with us more details regarding the template and creating the product in your app and Stripe.

Looking to hearing from you soon.
Best regards,

Hi Ecaterina,

I got the loyalty template. The issue with creating the product is that stripe doesn’t allow editing the plan ‘ID’ anymore. This means test product or live product can’t have the same ID. This means the instructions in your stripe documentation are no longer relevant.

How do I setup stripe now? as I can’t change plan ID’s to make them the same.

Cheers

Hello, @9dj
Thanks for the details and for the additional email.

Please note that the Stripe Plugin is created by the Bubble Team, so the documentation was created accordingly to the plugin specification :pray:

1. Create a stripe account and submit all the necessary information to make it “complete”.
  2. Follow our Zeroqode documentation regarding stripe to fully set up the Stripe plugin inside the template.
  3. Go to the Products tab (if you can’t see it open the Billing tab). There click on “New” to create a new product (check the image Products tab).
  4. In the product creation window you just have to pick a name for your product. Then you will have to set a plan for your newly created product. You can later add additional plans for the same product (e.g. monthly and yearly plans for VIP subscription).

Also, please find the screenshots of the Demo Stripe settings, which will be helpful for you:

In order to configure the subscriptions properly, please allow me to recommend you remove the created product from the Stripe dashboard and create a product once again.

Unlike most Stripe resources, you can choose the ID of the product yourself. We recommend choosing an ID that makes it easy to integrate Stripe with other systems you use. For example, if you’re selling physical goods, you can use the internal ID from your own systems.

So, you need to have both versions of the app and product on your dashboard. So, when you create a product, just make sure you set the same unique identifier.

In case you have both versions of your application in your Stripe Account, you will have the same plans and IDs for them.

Please try to follow the instruction once again, check the Demo Editor for the template and configure the required action:

Best regards,