Services Plugins FAQs

Stuck - could not sign request token, check private key

Hi there - I know this issue has been spoken about and there is documentation around this. I have followed everything but I am still getting stuck. I am trying to use Google Sheets and charts plugin.

I have followed creating the google console service account and then making sure to copy the json specifically with the email and then making sure I copy the private key per the documentation.

I just want to check you say to remove “\n” and any “=” but in your documentation there are “==” before end private key.

Is there anything else I can do or get help on this. Thank you so much

1 Like

Hello Mike (@ppagenerator),

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I have responded to your email and will write here as well to make sure you see our response, the error message, “Could not sign request token, check private key,” usually indicates an issue with the OAuth2 authentication configuration in your Google Sheets service integration.

To further troubleshoot it please Regenerate and re-enter the keys by following carefully the steps outlined in the documentation to obtain your keys. Ensure that the private key is formatted exactly as specified in this documentation: Obtaining Google service account keys

And yes, please make sure you remove all the “\n” and any “=” from the private key

If the issue persists, could you kindly share screenshots of your workflow setup, the error message as it appears, and any relevant messages from the browser console? Additionally, if possible, please share the key with us so we can further investigate on our end.

Additionally, you can refer to our demo page for an example of using the plugin. Please check all these details and let me know about your progress. Looking forward to your reply!

Best regards,
Stefan