Services Plugins FAQs

Template Licensing

Can you confirm if we can use a standard template license to develop a customer facing application for any business or do we need to get the developer license?

In addition, are we able to use the templates with minor modifications or do we need to customize the content and graphics to stay within the license terms?

1 Like

Hi @geoffrey.wahonya , thanks for reaching out.

If you’d like to build client apps based on this template, please purchase the Developer license - it would allow you to build unlimited apps for any of your client projects (but not for resale as a template).

The Standard template license allows creating applications only for your own use (business or personal) and cannot be used for creating applications for third parties. In case of failure to comply Bubble reserves the right to delete the incompliant applications on short notice. Learn more about Bubble template licenses.

Also, everything in the template configuration can be customized - design, workflows, database, and all the settings like domain, SEO parameters, etc. There is no source code for these templates per se because they are built without code.

For more information see our Terms and Conditions.

I hope the above is useful to you.
Regards,

Hi Igor,

I am new to using templates. I have the tubly template under the developer’s license. Do I just duplicate the template in my app in order to use it for multiple projects? Or is there another way?

Hi @jessica, thanks for reaching out.

Yes, each time you would like to build a new app using any template you have to follow these steps:

• Go to https://bubble.io/home
  • Click on “New App”, type the name of your app, and choose the purchased template from the “Start from the template” dropdown list.
  • Once you are in the app via Editor - you can customize the logo, language, and pretty much - anything you need within the app to make it work as you want it to.

If you require any further information, let me know. :slightly_smiling_face:
Best regards,

Hi, Is this applicable for the standard licence?

Hi, @connect.shrutiparash. Thanks for your question.

Yes, you can create an unlimited number of applications using a Standard or Developer license. The difference between them is the Developer license allows you to sell customized copies of the template to your clients as unique apps (kinda a developer agency business).

In case you have more questions, please let me know.
Have a good day. :slightly_smiling_face: