Services Plugins FAQs

Touch and Mouse Events Detection

Hello

Is there a way to get rid of the iOs “text selection” when using this plugin on iOs i get a blue selection around my element whenever i press it. And Yes i have selected “Hide Safari UI components”

Thanks!
Rune

Hello @hej

Could you please provide a screenshot of the spotted issue? Thank you in advance!

Best Regards,
Alex

thank you for replying!

heres how it lok when i long press the large play / pause icon in the middle…

heres the site:

ech.ooo

Thank you very much for providing the screenshot and the link to the app. We will inspect the plugin and will do our best to find a solution to this issue.

Best Regards,
Alex

Hello @hej

We have updated the plugin and added the event: “A detection pad long press”. Please update the plugin to the latest version and try to use the added event for the long press. This should solve your issue.

Please let me know if that worked and if you have any other questions!

Best Regards,
Alex

This is amazing, and works great! I just discovered the double click detection also triggers the IOS “text selection” tool, could this be fixed too, it makes is feel a lot like a html mistake when the user double clicks…

Besides this i was using a counter to count how long the user was “Long pressing” before, this would be an great feature for the long press, or if i could trigger events based on how if the long press is >1 >2 >3 sec etc.? Just a wish, this can also be done by triggering a counter between pressing and releasing, but it would be much easier if this was a feature…

Hi @hej,

We will check how this can be done and will do our best to provide the best solution. I will keep you posted!

Best regard,
Alex

Hello @hej,

We have updated the plugin and now it is possible to set the period of time for triggering the long press.

To have the feature available please update the plugin to the latest version.

Regarding the issue with double click, this is a functionality from the browser and can be solved only by limiting the possibility to select by double click. This functionality can be blocked by adding an HTML element to the page with the following code:
<style>

• {

-webkit-user-select: none; /* Chrome all / Safari all */

-moz-user-select: none; /* Firefox all */

-ms-user-select: none; /* IE 10+ */

user-select: none; /* Likely future */

}

</style>

I hope this will work for you! Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,
Alex