Services Plugins FAQs

Troubles with the OCR

Hello all!

I’m having trouble using “free OCR service” ver 2.13.0 to write directly into my database. I’m trying to send the extracted text of an image to one specific database.
I seem to have to click twice on the button for the observation to fill up with the extracted text, as the first time I click the observation is empty.

Thanks a lot for your help !

Hello @alban.gmeline ,
I hope this message reaches you in good spirits. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m having trouble using “free OCR service” ver 2.13.0 to write directly into my database. I’m trying to send the extracted text of an image to one specific database.

Would it be convenient for you to provide more details regarding your use case?

Namely, screenshots and screencasts of the issue you see, and the expected result, for screencast recording (I can suggest using the Loom tool).

Please record a video in step-by-step mode with the browser’s console enabled, in case there are any error messages there, and share a link with us so we can understand better your use case.

These details will help us reproduce your setup on our side and look into it.

I seem to have to click twice on the button for the observation to fill up with the extracted text, as the first time I click the observation is empty.

I can suggest adding a pause between those two steps and then running the page in step-by-step mode when pressing this button you mention, this way we can ensure that the values you’re extracting with the plugin are not empty and identify where the issue might lie.

Looking forward to your reply, let me know if there is anything else i can help your with. I will gladly assist you!
Have a nice weekend ahead. :dizzy: