Services Plugins FAQs

Twilio for Whatsapp - Using Templates From Bubble

Hi, Apologies for being stupid.

I downloaded and setup the WhatsApp Plugin and have sent and received messages from Twilio sandbox fine.

I note there is discussion of the Templates, (As I want to try and get a button, Accept or Reject back from whatsapp.), but I cant see how you tell whatsapp what template you are going to use like you do with sendgrid or pass the dynamic values across.

I was expecting a plugin action that had Template UUID/Name and some JSON for the {{1}},{{2}} etc.

I must be missing something, but your documentation just shows setting them up in Twilio and then stops!!!

Any hints on how to send a message from bubble to a specific template with the variables?

Thanks in advance.

David

Hello @dpearce,

Thank you for reaching out!

We’ve received your message and are currently reviewing it. We will respond with more information on the Bubble forum thread where you’ve also contacted us: https://forum.bubble.io/t/twilio-whatsapp-new-plugin-from-zeroqode/68575/11.

Your patience and understanding in this matter are greatly appreciated. :pray:

Best regards, :hibiscus:

Hi again @dpearce,

Upon reviewing the plugin and its documentation, I realized the instructions for sending a Message Template to WhatsApp via the plugin were unclear. I’ve submitted an investigation report to our development team to address this and to ensure our documentation is updated and more comprehensive.

Rest assured, I’ll provide you with detailed information on how to accomplish this as soon as I receive feedback from the developers.

Should you have any more questions in the meantime, please don’t hesitate to contact us here on the forum or via email at support@zeroqode.com.

Wishing you a wonderful day ahead :hibiscus:

Thanks Dorel,

Checking the Twilio Docs it appears that the body should match the template, apart from the tags {{1}} etc.

I have tried this but twilio is giving an error saying its not a template.

Cant quite work it out. I have two buttons on the template, but it say to just match the body.

I have even hard coded the body in Bubble, but still give me the same error. Twilio clearly does not see this as the template.

1 - From Twilio, CC Body

Hi {{1}}

We have allocated you an assessment for {{2}}.

Please can you Accept or Reject the job based on the agreed 12 hour turnaround.

Many thanks

The FundIQ Team

1. The twilio body that is in the error log:

Hi David

We have allocated you an assessment for Decodifi.

Please can you Accept or Reject the job based on the agreed 12 hour turnaround.

Many thanks

The FundIQ Team

Hello @dpearce,

I’m sorry to learn that things aren’t working out as anticipated. I’m currently awaiting further details from our developers to ensure I can offer you the most precise information possible.

Your patience and understanding during this time are greatly appreciated :pray:

Best regards :sunflower:

Hello @dpearce,

I’ve discussed your issue with our developer, and it appears the plugin should indeed transmit the template without any complications. They’ve emphasized that the message body must match the template approved by WhatsApp exactly, aside from the dynamic data.

To help us delve deeper into this matter, could you please provide us with a screen recording using Loom? It would be helpful to see the template approved by WhatsApp, the message you’re attempting to send (including the action’s settings), and the current behavior, especially any error messages that appear. We will try our best to get to the bottom of this

Best regards, :sunflower:

Hi @dpearce,

Hope you are doing well!

I am writing this as a reminder to my previous message. We are sill waiting on the screen recording so we could investigate this behavior further.

Best regards :hibiscus: