Services Plugins FAQs

Twilio Plugin - Alphanumeric Sender IDs

Hi,

I received the following message from Twilio regarding the French market :

Stop using French Mobile Phone Numbers for A2P SMS traffic by 30 September 2022. If you want to send A2P SMS traffic, Twilio recommends two options:

1. [Alphanumeric Sender IDs (ASIDs)] allow you to send Twilio programmable SMS messages from a personalized string (i.e., brand name or company name). Alphanumeric Sender IDs are ideal for transactional messaging purposes (i.e., One Time Passwords, account notifications, etc.) because they’re only available for one-way outbound messages**;** recipients can’t reply directly to messages. However, contact information can be included in the message body for recipients to respond to.

• Messages sent using Alphanumeric Sender IDs improve brand recognition and are more likely to be opened because recipients see your brand’s name with each SMS. You can obtain an Alphanumeric Sender ID in France for no cost (messaging rates still apply)****.

To enable follow these simple steps:

• Access the
  • Click Settings.
  • From the General SMS Settings page, verify that “Alphanumeric Sender ID” is set to Enabled.

Simply add the Sender ID you want to use as the From parameter.

==> But when we change the Sender ID in the zeroqode plugin it bugs

Can you please assist ?

Hello, @benjamin.blachere
Thanks for reaching out and for this information.

Please allow us to discuss the information above with our Developer team. We need to check if our plugin could process the Alphanumeric Sender IDs.
We will revert with an update once this point will be reviewed by our team.

Best regards,

Thanks Ecaterina, looking forward to your answer.

1 Like

Thanks for your patience.

I would like to note that firstly, you need to enable Alphanumeric Sender ID from the Twilio console:

In case you can’t enable it, you need to write a request to the Twilio team for approving this parameter on your side.

If pre-registration is not required, you can instantly get a Sender ID. You can simply add the Sender ID you need in the field “senderPhonen”:

This field could be used as a Brand name for the SMS.

Please try this solution and let me know if it was convenient for you.
Best regards,

Hi Ecaterina, I can now conform that Alphanumeric Sender ID is enabled.
But can you please advise where in Bubble I can find the screen you shared to update the field “senderPhonen” ?
Thanks

Hi Ecaterina, we changed the number into the alphanumeric id in the plugin, but it automatically adds a “+” in front of it and this generates the following error message. Can you please advise how to proceed ?

Thanks for your question.

If I understand you correctly, you need this field:

We haven’t updated this field and it remains the same. This field could be found in the “Twilio - Send Text Message” action in your workflow.

As I can see, it is something with the number, you are suing within this action.
Can you please share the screenshot of the action and its current settings for the “Twilio - Send Text Message” action?

It will help me to investigate your issue ASAP.
Best regards,

Thanks for your response.

We have setup a variable so that the number can be automatically modified in all actions related to SMS.
I am sharing a few screenshots

Thanks a lot for your help

Hi,

In order to see if the issue was coming from our use of variables, i removed them from a couple of workflows and tested again (see screenshot) without success (no message came through).

Can you confirm that you have tested succesfully with an alphanumeric id ?

Thanks for your help, it’s really urgent for us.

The issue is that “JobRepublic” is not considered a number.
Thus, I would like to propose you use not “Send Text Message” action, but this one:

Please remove the first action and configure the second one, since it contains a new library.
After it, please let me know about your result.

Best regards,

Thanks. That did the trick.

2 Likes

Happy to hear it!

In case I can help you with anything else - just let me know.
If you like our plugin, could you please rate it by going to the Plugins tab in Bubble editor? You can find the plugin by name and give it as many stars as it deserves :smiley:

Our team will be pleased to receive your feedback :pray:
Best regards,