Services Plugins FAQs

Twilio send sms error

The twilio send sms plugin it’s giving me an error when I deploy my web page, for some reason it is working in the version test but when I deploy it live it gives me the following error:

it also happens to me when I run the app in my phone, someone know what could be ?

Hi @juanarieda,

Thank you for reaching out!

Typically, the “username is required” error indicates that there’s an issue with the “from” field in the action, which should contain your Twilio number. Please verify that you’ve correctly entered your Twilio number in this field.

Additionally, could you please confirm the version of the plugin you’re currently using? It’s important to be on the latest version to ensure optimal functionality. Once updated, please try again!

Best regards, :hibiscus:

1 Like

Bro thanks a lot for your responses I think I still have a job because of you, but unfortunately, it didn’t work, the Twilio phone number it’s correct and I’m in the latest version, maybe could be because I’m in the trial account of Twilio? or might be that I haven’t made the toll-free verification of the phone?

Hi @juanarieda,

I’ve set up a new test account and input the necessary details on our demo page. So far, we haven’t encountered the issue you mentioned on our end. Could you also try sending a message from our demo page to see if you experience the same behavior?

If everything works correctly on our demo page, please provide screenshots of how you’ve configured the plugin in your application. I’ll do everything I can to understand and address the issue you’re facing.

Best regards, :sunflower:

I have setted up both and alse have the same SID in the action with my trial account phone number, but regardless that is not working, I have tried to change the account sid of place and put it in the dev field and I’ve also tried to complete the four fields. on the other hand I used your demo page and works perfectly.

Hi @juanarieda,

That’s interesting. If it functions correctly on our demo page but not on yours, the issue could stem from how it’s set up. Could you share screenshots of your configuration for the “Send SMS” action within the plugin? Also, please make sure to fill in both the live and development fields for the keys as a precautionary step.

Best regards :hibiscus:

1 Like

The idea of the web page it’s to send a code to the user to verify his number, then the page will show a floating group to and tell him to put the code and confirm the account. This is the workflow

I have already put the codes in both fields also and is still giving me an error. Thanks again

Hi @juanarieda,

Thank you for the screenshot!

Could you please confirm that you’re utilizing a subaccount in Twilio for sending the SMS? The “Account SID” field in the action is meant for when a subaccount is used.

Additionally, could you confirm that the number you’ve provided is the one assigned to you by Twilio? It appears to be shorter than expected.

Best regards :sunflower:

1 Like

I’m not using a sub account but i’ve tried with and without the SID and gives me the same problem, beside I have put the correct phone number but I modify the one that i share in the screen shot

Hi @juanarieda,

Thank you for sharing this information.

To help us diagnose whether the issue lies with your account or the plugin, could you kindly add our support email (support@zeroqode.com) as a collaborator to your app? Please also send us the link to the editor and any other relevant details to access both the editor and the preview page.

If you’re using the free Bubble plan, you may see a warning, but it can be disregarded since we’re on an Agency plan.

We look forward to your response :pray:

Best regards, :hibiscus:

Hi @juanarieda,

I wanted to follow up on my previous message. If you’ve had a chance to review it, could you please grant us access so we can further investigate the issue you’re experiencing? I’m here to help you resolve this as effectively as possible :pray:

Best regards, :sunflower:

Hi, sorry for the delay i needed to check it out permissions, but i have already invited us as collaborators, thanks ahead for the help

Hello @juanarieda,

Thank you for giving me access to the page!

Unfortunately, everything seems fine with the setup (except the SID in the action). To dig deeper, could you please grant me edit rights on the account as well? :pray: I plan to make a test page so I can personally check the plugin using our credentials.

I need to confirm whether this issue is due to the plugin or the Twilio account linked to it.

Okey i have already give you the access

i think the problem is related to the plugin because i have tried with two twilio account and gives me the same error

Hello @juanarieda,

Thank you for granting full access :pray:.

I’ve set up a test page titled “test_zq” with a simple input for the phone number and a button to trigger the send SMS action. For testing purposes, I updated the plugin keys (only the development ones) from my account. Following the action trigger, I successfully received the message on the provided phone number.

It seems the issue might not be with the plugin but possibly with your Twilio account. Could you please check if there are sufficient funds in your account and inform me about the countries to which you’re attempting to send messages? Additionally, could you confirm whether you’re using an upgraded account and not a trial one?

Screenshots

Best regards :sunflower:

Hello @juanarieda,

I’m checking in to see if you’ve been able to successfully integrate the plugin with your Twilio account. I recommend creating a new free account and testing it again, as the issues you’re experiencing may stem from Twilio rather than the plugin itself.

Wishing you a wonderful start to your week :pray: