Services Plugins FAQs

Twilio - Send Text Messages plugin

Hello guys,

When I send a text with the content of a multi line input, the line breaks appears in the received text as \n

Could you help with that ?

There’s something about it in twilio doc : https://support.twilio.com/hc/en-us/articles/223181468-How-do-I-Add-a-Line-Break-in-my-SMS-or-MMS-Message-

Thank you

Hello @sheme, thank you for your patience.

Sorry to hear that you have issues with sending a multi line message. In order to check it from our side we will need so more time to investigate and find a solution for your use case.

As soon as there will be an update I will post a message in this thread and let you know about the results.

Thank you for understanding.

Have a great rest of the day! :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @sheme, hope this message finds you well.

Thank you for your patience.
We are currently working on updating the plugin based on the Twilio library, sorry for the inconvenience created. :pray:t3:

I will get back to you with an update in this thread once there will be any news.
Thank you for your understanding on this.

Have a good day!

Hello @sheme, thank you for your patience.

Our Developers managed to fix the issue with the line breaks that appeared as /n text. To see the improvement on your side please update the plugin to version: 2.7.0 and check if the line breaks will function properly.

In case there is anything else I can assist you with let me know :slightly_smiling_face:

hey @Greg.P sorry for late reply

still does it with uprgade

you wrote /n but it is \n don’t know if it matters

Hi @sarahesteve, thanks for your message.

Please use the “Send SMS” action for sending messages, in this case, the multiline messages will be displayed properly.

Please let me know if I can help with any other plugin-related question :slightly_smiling_face:
Regards,

oh

you mean this one is depreciated :

?

And another question : does this new action works for sending text messages to multiples users ? thx @Serg

Hi @sarahesteve, thanks for your question.

Yes, this is the old version of the action. “Send SMS” is more advanced.

No, it works only for one number at a time, BUT, the logic of sending to a list of users could be implemented through the standard Bubble functionality.

The only difference from sending to one recipient is that you’d schedule an API workflow on a list (list of users), so that the “Send text” workflow would run for every user.

Please see for guidance the following thread, where this subject has been already discussed:

Hope it helps. In case any other plugin-related questions will appear, please let me know :wink:
Regards,

1 Like

a big thx @Serg it is all clear and understood

2 Likes

Hi @sarahesteve, you’re welcome :hugs:

If you like our plugin you can rate it by going to the Plugins tab in Bubble editor. Find the plugin by name and it gives it as many stars as it deserves.
The more feedback we get, the more motivated we are to make things better in Bubble.

Have a nice week ahead! :wink:
Regards

1 Like

This thread is quite useful, thanks guys.

2 Likes