Services Plugins FAQs

Twilio - Send Text Messages (Send message to a subaccount)

Hello!
So, I need to make sure the SMSes are sent to a twilio subaccount rather than the main account (in a dynamic way, as there are many subaccounts using my app). The issue is that I can’t figure out where to do that, except with the “Twilio Send Text Message (deprecate)” action, where I can actually choose the SID. Problem is… As the “deprecate” tag indicates, it doesn’t work. And the new way to send SMSes doesn’t leave the choice of the SID. Any alternative to fix my problem?
Thanks in advance!

Hi @anamir94, thanks for your message.

For your case, you still can use the “Deprecated” action, as it is working and will not be removed.

Hope my answer helps. If there will be any other plugin-related questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Hello @Serg, thank you for your answer!
I did try the deprecated action using the main twilio account and it did work indeed (even though it doesn’t take into account linebreaks). Seems like it only didn’t work when I was using the subaccounts SIDs. Would you perhaps have an idea why it didn’t? I guess maybe it has to do with Twilio itself.
Thanks in advance!

Hi @anamir94, thanks for your reply.

For a better understanding of your case, would it be convenient to add a bit more details to your use case, namely screenshots or a screencast of the setup you use? What failed to work and in what conditions.

It will allow to provide required answer much faster.

Looking forward to your reply.
Regards,

Hello @Serg,
Sorry for my late answer, I have managed to solve the problem as I understood that the subaccount needed its own phone number to send messages and wasn’t using the number of the main account. Now everything works and I can use the subaccount to send messages.
The only issue remains the “\n” appearing instead of the linebreak, and as I saw in another topic in this forum, you solved the issue in the new “Send SMS” action. Now since I really need to specifiy the subaccount, how can I deal with these faulty linebreaks, if there is any solution for my case? Thanks in advance.

Hi @anamir94, thanks for the reply.

Let us check what could be done in this regard. Once any news will become available, we will let you know asap.

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

1 Like

Hi @anamir94, thanks for your patience :pray:

We’ve pushed a plugin update that should fix this issue. To give it a try, please upgrade your plugin to version 2.10.0 (Adjusted for new page structure) and use the “Send message” action.

Please let us know if there will be anything else that we can help with about our plugin.

Regards,

1 Like

Hey @Serg I’m sorry for my late answer as I was in holidays among other things

So I have upated the plugin and tried it but still got the \n in the messages…

I will try again though and will let you know if I manage to solve the issue.
Thank you so much

Regards,

Hello @Serg ,
After a long break because I had to work on other parts of the app, I have been able to retry the plugin and it worked perfectly well, I must thank you very much for that!
I must just ask if it was possible to add the option to insert dynamic data into the “Account sid” field? Because for my app it depends on the account which logs in (each account has a different SID).
Thanks in advance if it’s not too much troubles!

Regards,

1 Like

Hi @anamir94, thanks for your message and sorry for the delayed reply.

If I understood your question right, then we’ve added this feature already:

Please check the demo editor page for example: Zeroqode-demo-19 | Bubble Editor

In case there is anything else that I can help with, drop me a message here :wink:

Regards,

Hello @Serg !
So yes I have tried on the demo editor page and indeed there is the “insert dynamic data option”
image1
However when I tried on my side, it is the only field that doesn’t display this option:
image2
It does work when clicking the other fields (Messages, To, etc…) But not for Account SID.
I have updated my plugin (2.11.0 atm)
If you had any clue why I encounter this issue.
Thanks in advance!

Hi @anamir94, thanks for your reply.
I’ve passed it to the developer team for the fix, once there are any news, I will let you know asap

Thank you for understanding :pray:

Regards,

1 Like

Hi @anamir94, a hotfix is live now, please update your plugin to version 2.12.0 (minor fixes).

If there will be any other plugin-related questions that I can help with, please let me know :wink:

Have a great weekend!

Regards,

Hi @Serg,
This is amazing, allow me to express my deepest thanks for all the support and solving the issues swiftly.
I’ll spend more time trying it out after the week-end but I believe it should be good for my use now.
Have a great week-end!
Regards,

2 Likes

@anamir94, you are always welcome :hugs:

If you like our plugin, we would be grateful if you can rate it by going to the Plugins tab in Bubble editor. Find the plugin by name and gives it as many stars as it deserves

The more feedback we get, the more motivated we are to make things better in Bubble.

Have a great day!

Regards,

1 Like