Services Plugins FAQs

Twitter OAuth 1.0a Plugin: Setting Up Callback URL

I started going through the Twitter OAuth documentation.

Under Get OAuth Tokens, it says to set a callback URL. It looks like a value is being pre-populated. Is that what should be used? Are there fields within bubble that should be set first related to the project in order to have a valid call-back URL?

Thank you.

Hello, thanks for reaching to us! Please delete the preformatted data and populate it with dynamic data, first click > Insert Dynamic, data then image
then :formatted as URL as in documentation
Best regards, Vitalie.

1 Like

Thank you @VitalieProcopan.

Once that is set up, is there a value that should then be provided to Twitter for the callback URL? If so, how is that determined?

I’m seeing an error that says “The request token for this page is invalid. It may have already been used, or expired because it is too old. Please go back to the site or application that sent you here and try again; it was probably just a mistake.” I’ve read that this error can occur when the Callback URL is not set properly with Twitter.

Hello again!

If you did the previous step and received the error then you should do the following:
Please recreate your app in developer twitter dashboard and copy the tokens into Bubble according to the documentation of the plugin. Looks like an issue with token provided.

Yes, sure. In your Twitter dashboard you should specify which is the callback uri to the app it’ll redirect.
See more about Callback URIs here - https://developer.twitter.com/en/docs/basics/apps/guides/callback-urls
Hope this helps.
Thanks.
:pray:

Best regards, Vitalie.