Services Plugins FAQs

Uber Clone Template

Let’s discuss everything about Uber Clone Template here :slight_smile:

I have a few questions,

Does it work similarly to Uber out of the box? How does it calculate rates? Is the payment system built? Does it show the driver en route in maps?
It talks about streaming audio, but I don’t see that in the demos. How does it work? what does it stream to?

hi can i use the uber clone app to create a app that connects barbers to clients and books appointments and shows real time and google map locations?

Hello @cotekris
yes, it works similar to Uber out of the box, the rate currently is calculated simply by the distance but you can change the algorithm as you wish. The payment system is built in using Stripe. And yes, it does show the drive en route in the maps. Not sure what you mean by streaming audio - we don’t have that in Uber template.

@re.freshed20
yes, you can use Uber Clone for that but maybe our appointments and bookings template would be a better match here? check it out https://zeroqode.com/template/bookings

thanks

hi thank you for replying i want to create it in a way that how people order a car and it will be there in minutes i want people to be able to book the appointment and they can get it in minutes rather than booking appointments for days or weeks after. thats why i was thinking the uber clone do you think i am able to customize the uber clone myself and make something like that? thank you

it depends how much patience and devotion you have to learn Bubble. Also, if you have any technical background, or used to program in school that would help a lot. Alternatively you can always hire someone to make the required changes

Hi Levon,

From the app description:

Amazing ride sharing template that replicates all Uber’s functionality! Features both rider’s and driver’s pages, which are formatted as a mobile app. As well as desktop pages for signup/signin and profile management. Add playlists and stream music from any device. Use these login credentials for a quick demo: email: test@email.com password: zeroqode#1
For any questions regarding this template please check out Zeroqode Forum.

sorry, it got copied over accidentally from another template’s description (Spotify Clone), i removed it,
thanks for spotting and reporting

Hi,
I have problems with your template, I guess it is one of its plugins that are integrated into the template, it does not show distance and time, I already check it with the APIs of my google cloud console and if it returns the call.

Captura

Hello @nowxoel

Regarding the distance and time duration is that calls that are made to google via plugin are paid only, you’ll need to purchase Quotas to use it.
Alternatively you could recreate in a different fashion the flow.
Hope this help.

Regards,
Dumitru.

Hi,
If it is correct, my card is being billed but it does not show anything in the template.

Hi there @nowxoel .

Testing the template everything is fine on the demo side.

Would recommend you check the plugin keys and try an older version of plugin like 4.1.0 since this version we are using in app.

Hi,
It’s strange, I did what you suggested but still does not answer, it’s the only thing that fails, everything else works perfectly.

Hi,
it works, the problem was that for some strange reason the plugin did not recognize the api key so I had to reset the api key, copy and paste it again and it works, thanks for the follow-up and support.

1 Like

Where can I purchase this plugin? I can not seem to find it

here is the link . https://bubble.is/plugin/google-maps-extended-1479901297703x967536405834891300
but in order to install it you need to open your app, go to plugins, click on “add plugin” and then find it through the search box
hope this helps

@levon I am having same problem as @nowxoel, the Distance and Duration are left blank. I’ve enabled all 14 of the google apis but google is reporting no calls for the Distance api. (Everything else related to google seems to be working)

It looks like the zeroqode demo is currently having the same problem, the fields are empty there as well.

Please advise.

Thanks

Hi @gar34, thanks reaching out and for reporting the issue.

Allow us to analyse it and check on our side for the solution.
We will come back in due course.

Regards,

Dear @gar34, thanks a lot for your patience.

We have pushed a minor template update that fixed the Distance and Duration calculation.
Now you can create a new app and check the changes. Hope it helps!

Take care.

Hi @serg, thanks for the update.

I rebuilt my app with the updated template, and now the initial rider app query correctly shows the distance and duration along with the price.

However, when Start Now is tapped, the distance and duration values disappear and the cost goes to $0, and the app gets stuck.

I don’t think the app working properly through all the trip evolution steps. Could you please examine all the trip evolution steps to confirm they are working?

Thank you