Services Plugins FAQs

Uplance: Freelancer profile not updating

Hello again

In Uplance the user can update their Profile Info with the following fields:

• First Name
  • Last Name
  • Street (Geographic Places choices style)
  • Phone
  • Job Title

I’m having problems when the user tries to save these changes. I suspect it might have something to do with the Street Address field. On the demo app when you type an address into the Street field there is a preview text dropdown showing you a list of addresses from a database. e.g type “500” and a few addresses appear you can select from. In my live app this does not happen however.

Is there something I need to turn on to get that feature working?

I enter an address (and phone and job title as you have to do these too) and press Save - the app then takes about a minute to try to update the user’s profile but eventually halts with this error message:

Sorry, we ran into a temporary bug and can’t complete your request. We’ll fix it as soon as we can; please try again in a bit!

I’ve checked my workflow and it appears to be exactly the same as the template app.

Any ideas?

This is the screen: https://findadj.online/dj

You need to click the Edit pencil next to your name.

The same problem is happening when a person tries to sign up as an Employer (Event Manager in my app’s case). I enter all the details on the screen but it simply cannot/will not save.

Hi, @paul.townley-jones!

Thanks for reaching out!

Let me check this out and I’ll get back to you asap.

Best, Julia.

Hi, @paul.townley-jones!

I’ve checked the possibility to edit and save the employer’s details and indeed, they haven’t been saved. Currently, the template is under improvements and in a short time, you’ll be able to use the updated template. Apologies for the inconvenience. However, as a workaround, I may advise you to set the first step- Display data (and choose data source- current user) in the workflow of the Edit Icon, and the second step will be - Show Popup Company Contacts proff

To be able to see a list of addresses you need to set Api Keys for Google Geocoding and Google Maps in the Settings Tab-> General :

The Api Keys you can find in the Google Developers Console. This guide covers how to obtain your own keys: https://manual.bubble.io/working-with-data/setting-up-google-api-keys

After you’ve set the Keys, indicate in the settings of the Street input element Choise style- Geographic places

Hope this helps!
Best, Julia.

Hi Julia

Thanks for all of this and for getting back promptly. A few questions:

1. When you say I will be able to use the new template, that will just be to refer to the new code? My app won’t get updated will it?
  2. For the Employer I applied the new step in the workflow above but it didn’t fix it. I still get the same error message.
  3. How do I apply the same fix so that the save works for the freelancer as well? They cannot save their Profile Information either.
  4. I already have valid Google API keys in my General Settings and both the freelancer and employer address boxes are set to Geographic Places as per the template default, however I still do not get the addresses dropping down. However I noticed this in your link:
    Note: In May 2020, Google changed its APIs to split off timezone capabilities (previously part of a bundle of Geocode capabilities) into its own API. This means you will have to add the Time Zone API to the capabilities of your app when registering it with Google.

The Uplance template has a field for Timezone - could this be causing a problem if it once relied on the Geocode API?

I will create on of those Timezone API keys anyway and see what happens.

Thanks
Paul

Hi, there!

Yes, that is right. You will be able to create a new app based on the updated template or to see the workflow settings and to replicate them in your existing app.

To help you better here could you please add our support@zeroqode.com account to your collaborator’s list in Settings -> Collaboration so we could check the issue inside your application. Plus, please tell us the name of your Bubble application and page name where you develop it, it would be way easier for us to help you solve the issues.

Note: Don’t pay attention to the alert message regarding Professional Plan, as we are an agency and you can easily add as to your collaborator’s list.

Looking forward to hearing from you!
Best, Julia.

Hi Julia

It’s great to see you updating and supporting the template. I’ve added support as a collaborator. The name of the application is Find-a-dj

The page ‘freelancer’ is now called ‘dj’
The page ‘employer’ is now called ‘event-manager’

It is editing the profiles on these two pages where there is the issue of not saving.

Thanks
Paul

Ok, thanks a lot. It might take time due to the upcoming weekends, so please bear with us while we’re checking.

Thanks for understanding! :pray:
Best, Julia.

Hi, @paul.townley-jones!

Thank you for access to your app. So, we have checked and tested the pages and figured out that if you remove everything is related to location then you can save the Profile data:

It means, that there are some troubles with the searchbox itself or API Keys. In this case would be better to apply a request on bubble forum here: https://forum.bubble.io/.

As a workaround, instead of searchbox you may drag and drop the inputs for City, Zip code, Street separately. Then in the tab Data- Option Sets

set the new option - “country” and manually add all the need countries. After that, drag and drop the dropdown for countries and choose this option for it

As a result, you will have 3 inputs (city, zip code and street) and 1 dropdown (country).

Hope this will be useful!
Best, Julia.

Hi, @paul.townley-jones!

I’m reaching out to give you somу hits regarding the API keys. Please follow the steps below and verify in Google console that all have been done properly.

1. Go to your Google console account, tab Credentials

1. Hit the “+ Create credentials” and chose “API key

1. Create an API Key

1. Press the Edit icon for created API Key

1. Choose HTTP referrers (web sites) from Application restriction section and hit the “ADD AN ITEM

1. Add URL of your site link for development mode (version test). Note: don’t forget to indicate “*”

1. Add URL of your site for Live version

1. Choose from API restrictions section Don’t restrict key option and press SAVE button

After all steps please test the searachbox and possibility to save profile data once again.

Hope this helps!
Best, Julia.

Hi Julia

Thanks for making me re-check my API settings. It turns out one of my API keys had the live site while one of the API keys only had the test site. I don’t know why this is, as I spent time sorting those out the other day when I added the new timezone API.

Freelancer profile edits now save along with the address.

Employers also save albeit the timezone and phone number do not.

Thanks again!
Paul

Hi, @paul.townley-jones!

I have tested the event-manager profile savings and all the details have been succefuly saved

Glad that you managed to resolve this problem. :slight_smile:

If you like our template you can rate it by going to Template tab in Bubble editor. Find the template by name and give it as many stars as it deserves :slight_smile:

The more feedback we get, the more motivated we are to build great templates :slightly_smiling_face:

Best, Julia.

Hi Julia

Perhaps a certain syntax is needed for the timezone I did not know about.

On the Index page, when I view the Responsive layout, there is an image in the background I cannot find in the Elements tree no matter how long I’ve searched. How do I find it and change it? See image.

Thanks
Paul

Hi, @paul.townley-jones!

Thу Group ImageTextContainer has conditions for responsive. So, remove these conditions (see screenshots below) to not upload this picture.

Best, Julia.

Ah yes of course. Thank you Julia. I couldn’t find the image in the elements tree which was the wrong place to look

Hi, @paul.townley-jones!

No problem at all :wink: You are always welcome :slight_smile:

Best, Julia.