Services Plugins FAQs

Upload Video in Createry Post using Uploadcare

Hi,

I am trying to allow my users the ability to upload a video directly using your uploadcare integration and the createry template. I have been unable to get it to function. I simply get a blank blak screen after every upload like so. I have tried copying your workflow on https://zeroqode-demo-03.bubbleapps.io/version-test/uploadcare and it still does not work. I have tried with an html video box and with the below video.js player to no avail.

Hi @blake1,

Thanks for reaching out and using our products. Just make sure our plugin is configured with your Uploadcare Keys under Plugins Tab, first.

If you are simply trying to replicate as per our demo, you just need an HTML element and paste the following code:

And just a couple of conditions to play around with to set the video width if you will:

Here is the code:

<video width="600" controls>
        <source src="Uploadecare A's Video Url To Play" />

You browser does not support the <code>video</code> element.
</video>

So when you upload a video via Uploadcare container, this video should should get displayed in the HTML element and you’d be able to preview it.

However, if you have the same issue, please share screenshots and/ or screencast of your app, workflows and plugin property editor settings, as well as exact steps to reproduce the problem, browser and OS you are using, so we can check on it then provide feedback asap.

Hope it helps.

Best,
Alex

Hey @alexandru ,

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately it is still not working. I am attaching a screencast and screen shots so you can see my workflow. It appears that the file url is not populating for some reason. Browser: Google Chrome and OS MAC Catalina.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aZ_kcxfCQoARKKifuVIU7LoRXVhLqgms/view

Hi @blake1,

I’m afraid it might be an issue on our side. Please let our development team investigate and I’ll get back to you with a reply asap.

Thanks in advance for your patience. :pray:

That works for me - I will be on the lookout for your reply.

Hi @blake1,

I’m afraid we cannot find the reason for these issues yet. For a better investigation, could you please go to Settings - Collaboration tab within your editor. Add our support@zeroqode.com account to your collaborator’s list. Also, please tell us your app name and page name where this problem occurs on test.

It would be best to create a testing page and place the plugin element with the same settings that you are trying to accomplish, so we can tweak it if you don’t mind.

Note: avoid the warning message regarding plan, as we are an agency and you can easily add us to your collaborators.

We’ll investigate it inside your app and get back to you with a feedback asap. :pray:

Hi @alexandru,

I just added you guys. The app name is Groupi an the issue occurs on the Admin Post Page on the Group Post 5 element. I have created a test page called Test Admin Post for you guys as well. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do on my end to help.

• Blake

Hi @blake1,

I’m reaching out with an update on work progress so far. We managed to make things work on your side as well, so you should be able to upload videos and successfully display it after that, but there is one problem that we’re still investigating: empty filelist with Base64 URL for camera recordings. It seems to be adding them into the database when simply using local files, but it is empty for recorded videos specifically.

I’ll come back with another reply on this matter asap!

Thanks for your patience. :pray:

@alexandru

Thanks so much! This sis working perfectly and gets me going. I look forward to hearing back regarding the camera issue. With that being said, I wonder if you could offer some insight as I have added the adjusted player to my post form and it works perfectly. However, when i hit publish I can get the video to show on the published post, however the second i refresh the page it stops being visible in the player and being able to be played. The url is still stored, but it is like the html player no longer sees it. I have attached some screenshots to illustrate what I mean and how I have it setup. Thanks for all of the help!

Thanks @blake1 for feedback. We’ll check on this one as well and get back to you with another reply asap! :pray:

Hi @blake1,

Our team is still investigating this Base64 URL problem with recorded videos. I’ll notify you back as soon as we have a solution. :pray:

Meanwhile, let me provide insights on this new one. Unfortunately, it is not a plugin related issue. The idea is that when you create a new Post and use plugin’s Video Url to Play - in this case it serves just as a preview of the uploaded video and that’s it.

But when you actually want to display published Posts with uploaded videos, you need to save the plugin’s Video URL and actually pull it from your database into the groups for Published Posts, rather than taking it from the plugin’s state. Wherever you want to display the uploaded videos as Posts so other users want to see them - you always need to search for them and dynamically pull from your Bubble database.

Thanks!

Hi @blake1,

I am reaching out with an update. The work is still in progress. Our dev team has managed to find the reason of this issue with FileBase64. It is going to be fixed on our side asap.

Best,

Hi @blake1,

We have finally managed to fix our plugin. Please update to the latest version, refresh your app and give it a try with the same setup as previously suggested. You should be able to get the Filebase64 for camera recorded videos and not only your local files.

Thanks for your patience. :pray: :slightly_smiling_face: