Services Plugins FAQs

Urgent Issue - Phone Formatting Plugin - Bubble

Hello,

I’m having an issue with the phone formatting plugin.
When using the input in a popup, the country selector dropdown will show behind the popup, not on it. Therefore making it unusable to change country.

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this? Rather urgent.

Rory

Hi @cairngormstudios,

Thanks for reporting. Please let our development team investigate this problem, as it seems to be reproducing on mobile. It may be a responsiveness issue, but I’ll let you know as soon as possible.

Best,
Alex

1 Like

Hello, @cairngormstudios.
Let me please jump in this conversation.

We investigated the plugin work on the popup on mobile devices, and have found the reason of such visual behavior of the plugin, which you have reported.

The main problem is in the libraries of the plugin and bubble popup element. This is quite fixable but requires a significant amount of time and dev efforts. So, unfortunately, at the moment we can see no opportunity to fix this issue rapidly, but, for sure, we have taken this point into the account and scheduled the works on the plugin improvement.

I can not provide you with the exact time estimates on how soon the plugin improvement will be done, but be sure that I will let you know once there is any useful update.

Apologies for such inconvenience. I suppose it is better to refuse from using the Phone Formatting plugin element in the popup for now :pray: :slightly_frowning_face:

Regards, Kate

Hi Kate,

Thanks for getting back to me.
I have purchased around 10 copies of this plugin with the understanding that it would work…
Is there any way for this to be fast tracked? Or atleast a work around?

Our apps focus heavily on correct phone number formatting.

Many thanks,

Rory

Hi @cairngormstudios,

Thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately, the only workaround would be to avoid placing this plugin on a popup and simply using it on your page. Or you can leave it in a popup but it is behaving properly on desktop only.

Sorry for inconveniences.

Best,
Alex

Hi @alexandru ,

Is it possible to just remove the country selector dropdown completely as an option?

Many thanks,

Rory

@cairngormstudios,

I’m afraid it is not possible. Our development team has tried to influence on it, but this plugin is using an external library which makes it hard to. We also tried a custom CSS workaround, but it is not working, unfortunately.

Thank you

Hello. Thanks for your quick response!

So it’s not possible to just add a checkbox in the settings of the plugin to allow me to turn off the country selector altogether?

Cheers,
Rory

@cairngormstudios,

Unfortunately, it is not possible. However, I think this solution can be helpful as a workaround and you can still keep the dropdown functionality as is.

Video resource: https://www.loom.com/share/53790c1136b44f038add4b511439d595

This workaround involves implementing a FloatingGroup element instead of a pop-up, and customizing it to look like a pop-up.

Hope it helps.

Hi, @cairngormstudios !

It’s been a while so apologies for the delay. :pray: We have fixed countries dropdown display on mobile and added new states: ‘is hovered’, ‘is pressed’, 'is focused.
Please upgrade the plugin to the latest version, refresh your app and give it a try again.

Best, Julia.