Services Plugins FAQs

User device type detector - New Plugin from Zeroqode

hey Zeroqoders!
We have published a new plugin - User device type detector
With this plugin you can detect users’ OS, Screen Orientation (Landscape, Portrait) Device type (mobile, desktop etc.), Current zoom level (%). The detector element has to be installed on the page but it can be made hidden.

Here is the demo page: https://plugintests.bubbleapps.io/device_detector/

Plugin page: User device type detector Plugin | Bubble

and a screenshot:

Levon Terteryan
Founder @ Zeroqode & Bubblewits

let’s stay in touch on twitter!

zeroqode-for-web-160x120

Bubble Templates
Bubble Plugins
Bubble Courses
Convert Web to iOS & Android
No-code Development Services

Hey, where can I find a list of OS’s and device types? It would be nice if the possible options where somehow selectable in the conditions.

and it seems to me like this plugin does not work when used in a reusable element … can you confirm that @levon?

Hi, @jonas.bergert!

Thanks for reaching out!

The plugin addresses to the device you’re using and states the information regarding it. It actually doesn’t have a list of devices or OS’s. If you’d like to have some list, you can do that by creating a new thing (text type) in the database where the list will be shown. As an example, please see the screenshots below:

Not, actually. In case when plugin element is placed in the reusable element, in order to be able to call in on the page you need to set a custom state. This is the way bubble works. For example:

Hope this helps!
Best, Julia.

Hi Julia, thanks for your help!

I probably wasn’t clear enough with my question. I was wondering what kind of device types can I expect from the device type detector. I know it can detect “desktop” and “mobile” but are there any others? What about “tablet”, does that exist?

Hi, @jonas.bergert!

You’re always welcome :slight_smile:

I’m afraid it detects only desktop and mobile. The tablet it detects like mobile. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Best, Julia.

I just tested it and it seems that it does actually detect tablet:

I think this is really important because in my case I have to distinguish between touch devices and desktop devices to be able to show or hide some elements…

Hi, @jonas.bergert!

Apologies for the mistake :pray: The plugin detects devices type like mobile, desktop, tablet as well:

Best, Julia.

1 Like

@Julia The Fingerprint value seems to change with every device restart. Is it possible to extract the IMEI or any other unique identifier that does not change?

Hello, @dehacked79
Thanks for reaching out.

In case you are working with the “User device type detector” plugin, please note that actually, it does not interact with the Fingerprint at all.
Thus, can you please provide us more details regarding your request? If I understand you correctly, you are willing to receive some regular information about the device, additionally to the device type.

Looking to hear from you soon.
Best regards,