Services Plugins FAQs

UUID Generator - Can't save the generated id to database?

Dear Zeroqode,

I have tried your plugin and it works great displaying a UUID on page either in a text or input box. However When I try to save the generated ID in a workflow it doesn’t work… any idea why? and how? :grimacing:

Cheers
Peter

Hi @peter5, thanks for reaching out.

To enable saving the generated ID, please do the following:

• Enable the auto binding option on the plugin element

• Create the corresponding field (for example in User data type)

• Choose the created field as “Field to modify” on the plugin element

*Create an element where you can indicate this data type as a source (group, RG, etc.)

*Check/change the privacy rule accordingly for this field type.

This way, you will have the UUID recorded within indicated field type (allowing you to use it within workflows)

See this test page as a setup reference: Zeroqode-demo-17 | Bubble Editor

Also, for more information, please see the Bubble guide: Saving Data - Bubble Docs

Hope it helps. Please let me know if I can help with anything else related to our plugin :wink:
Regards,

hi, I am using v 1.9.0 of your plugin. I had the same problem.

When I drag the uuid plugin into a group and open the plugin’s properties, I don’t see any checkbox to enable autobinding on it…

Not sure what I’m doing wrong, help is appreciated.

1 Like

Hello @michaeljjs,

Could you please provide information on what bubble version you are using?

Also, I would like to ask you to record a short video of you setting up the plugin including how you put the UUID generator element on the page.

Thank you for your cooperation!

Best Regards,

Daniel.

Hello @michaeljjs,

From your video, I assume that the plugin you are using might be not from Zeroqode. Could you please send a screenshot of the UUID Generator plugin you are using from the “Plugins” tab?

Thank you for your cooperation!

Best regards,
Daniel

Says ZeroQode acquired the plugin…

Solved… you have two plugins listed in the Plugin Page. The one I showed above is somehow not right… I uninstalled it, and installed the second appearing one. It now shows the auto-binding.

1 Like

Hello @Michaeljjs,

Great to hear that you’ve resolved the issue!
Using the correct version of the plugin is essential for ensuring all features, like auto-binding, work as expected.

If you have any more questions or face any other challenges with the Zeroqode plugins or anything else, feel free to reach out. We’re here to help you make the most out of your experience with our tools and services.

Happy building with Bubble and Zeroqode!

Best regards,
Daniel

Daniel, the issue with the 2 Zerocode UUID plugins listed in “Add Plugin” is still there in Bubble and highly confusing. After 3 hours of debugging, found the first one listed simply doesn’t work if you want to save a UUID to a database. Better to remove that plugin?

1 Like

Hello @martijn.moret, :wave:

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I will check with our developers regarding the 2 UUID plugins listed in Bubble. We aim to ensure that all our plugins are functioning correctly and appreciate your feedback on this matter. We will investigate the concerns you’ve raised.

Thank you again.

Best regards,
Daniel.