Services Plugins FAQs

Vehicle navigation and tracking feature inquiry

Hello everyone,

I would like to know if it’s possible to integrate a navigation system with a no-code platform. I have a vehicle transport platform that’s developed on Bubble. Instead of just having a stagnant marker on a map, I’d like to allow users to track vehicles when they’re in route on a map…something similar to the movement you see on google map direction or on the Uber or Lyft app. I am even open to somehow integrating google direction into the platform, if that’s possible.

The purpose of my question has two parts: 1. To know if this is possible with Bubble or another no-code platform, so that I can get the help I need to integrate it now; or 2. To know ASAP if this is a limitation…something that’s not possible. That way, I can determine if I need to continue using no-code platform for my application or transition from it ASAP.

Tracking vehicles in real time is such an integral part of the concept of transporting people’s vehicle, and the feature seems so common on apps these days, that I’m hoping that it’ll be possible to have on a no-code platform…because I dont see how we can build for the long-term without such a necessary feature.

1 Like

Hi @darrenchapin129,

Thank you for the question,

What you described might be realized through one of our plugins: GPS Live Tracking - this tool allows you to track users, providing their exact coordinates, speed, and many other things. You can check the Live Demo to see how it works.

Also, I wanted to mention that if you’re still searching for how to implement your idea, you can subscribe to the plugin for a brief testing period within your app. And if you find that the plugin doesn’t meet your needs, you can unsubscribe after a day or two. In such cases, you’ll only be charged for the actual number of days you utilized the plugin

Hope this helps. If there will be any other plugin-related questions, please let us know. :pray:

Best regards,
Stephan

1 Like

This is a great relief, Stephan. We need to implement this ASAP, so I’ll give it a shot and reach out if I have questions.

Hi @darrenchapin129,

It’s my pleasure to assist you. :raised_hands:

I wanted also to let you know that “live GEO tracking” only works when the device screen is on. If the device is locked, it will pause the geo-tracking and resume once you unlock it.

It’s a security measure to safeguard user privacy on all devices.

Hope to hear you soon!

Best regards,
Stephan