Services Plugins FAQs

Video Player Bug

I’m working on a site that is like reddit. The main feed is made up of just videos in a repeating group. Most of the time when I navigate from the main feed to the post page with singular video I get this errr message.

Hello, @jloyol. Thanks for reaching out.

I’m afraid I did not succeed to reproduce your error (New Video Player error: TypeError: YTPlayer is not a constructor at onYouTuvePlayerAPIReady…), using the Video Player plugin, New Video Player element.

I was trying to reproduce the preconditions for your case and here is what I have made.

1. I have a page with the Repeating Group, main content of which is videos:
    design | database | preview;
  2. each Repeating Group cell has the Video Player element and Link element;
  3. Link element leads to the new page (video_player_page_ko), which Type of a content is Videos (the same data type, that the Videos Repeating Group has);
  4. the video_player_page_ko has, as the main content, the Video Player element, with indicated Dynamic link as the data source.

Please take a look at this video to see how does it work with the Video Player element:
https://www.loom.com/share/d9bc7d2fd5f54cf797488fd37e0979e0

Using the New Video Player element (the setup is pretty much the same, just the video element is changed):
https://www.loom.com/share/b946096c59974b64bbb15e70c5b136cd

There is actually an error, caused by the NewVideoPlayer element but it does not prevent to watch the video. I will ask my dev colleagues to take a look at that issue, but, as long as it is not causing any functionality troubles, I suppose that error is not the one you are reporting about.

Can you please check your plugin element/repeating group set up to make sure you have correct settings?
Or add our support@zeroqode.com as a collaborator of your app to let me check the issue you have got?
(You can add the support email to your app even if your subscription plan is a Hobby.)

Thank you for understanding :pray:
Regards,
Kate