Services Plugins FAQs

Video Player - Not resetting after video change

Hi Zeroqode Support

I am enjoying the Video Player plugin and it works well as an HTML5 and YouTube/Vimeo player for our app that is very video heavy and requires a lot of preview videos in pop-ups.

We have one very fundamental issue with this plugin described in this video:

Essentially, the plug in does not reset the video player even if I change the video source in a workflow, it does not grab the current video element’s state. So it will just show the first video that was loaded in the player when the page was loaded. This makes displaying multiple videos on a page impossible.

This is something very simple to reset in other video plugins that we have and I show it working in the video. If there is some type of plugin action that could be added for us to reset the player in a workflow that would be very helpful as this is what we do in other plugins so that we can have a reusable element as a popup since the video is dynamic.

Here is a link to the test environment we built demoing this: https://app.brandbay.io/version-test/video_player_test

We like this plugin because of the YouTube support (which is needful for our app) so we are pretty stuck here without this bug being resolved.

Thank you.

Hello, @tyler2
Thanks for using our plugin and for reaching out.

Please allow me to analyze the issue and test the same scenario on our side. I will revert to you once the solution will be found.
Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

@tyler2

I’ve tried to replicate your use case by using the Video Player plugin in different elements, like RG, and Reusable Element. Here is an example:

In this case, you even don’t need to use workflow, since each video will be played from the DataBase easily.

The second scenario is using our plugin within the Pop-Up:

Each video is displayed correctly, regardless of the order in which these videos are played.
Thus, I suppose that the issue is related to your workflow and the way you retrieve the information from the DB.

Best regards,

@Ecaterina

Thank you for reaching out. The use case that you show here is actually not what we are trying to accomplish. You have multiple videos in a RG, but we have a popup where there is one reusable element in a popup and therefore only one player being loaded. We just need to switch out the video content in that one player if that makes sense.

@tyler2

Please note that the second case is exactly the same:

• We have a reusable element, where is placed a popup;
  • There is only one VideoPlayer.

Thus, in any case, the issue is related to the construction and implemented workflow.
In order to replicate exactly your case, I need to receive the screenshots of your current settings and a short description of the logic.
It will help me to check that exactly is wrong.

Best regards,

@Ecaterina

Would it be more simple to give you access to the test page? I can share access with you if that is easier?

Hello, @tyler2

I need to note that usually, we ask about access to our user’s app in case of any difficulties with configuration and possible bugs of our product. In this way, we can check that exactly is wrong and define the root cause.
However, just as an exception, please give me access to your application, so I will check the reason of your error.

To add our Support Team as a collaborator, you need to do the following steps in the Bubble Editor:

Settings > Collaboration > Add email support@zeroqode.com

Note: avoid the warning message regarding the plan, as we are an agency and you can easily add us to your collaborators.

Looking to hear you soon.
Regards,

Thank you @Ecaterina, I wasn’t certain of normal support procedure, but thank you for helping us here. I just sent an invite. The index page is the one page app and there is a lot there, so if you just go to the video test page and look at those workflows I believe we can copy whatever solution there into the actual app.

Thank you.

Hello, @tyler2
Thanks for the provided access.

Please allow us to investigate your application and revert with an update on Monday.
Thanks for the understanding.

Best regards,

Hello, @tyler2
Thanks for your patience.

We analyzed your application and I need to note that there is no bug on the plugin’s side.
The only issue is related to the workflow and the Data Source for the video player element (and the way they are retrieved).

Please find below the example of the workflow and the entire page with the same case, like yours, and try to replicate it on your side:

On the Page Load, you need to create your custom state for uploading the videos:

For the popup with the video player, you should create the next flow:

Please check these settings and try to make the required changes within your application.
Best regards,

Thank you @Ecaterina for your help we were able to get a successful workflow running based on this information!

2 Likes

Hello, @tyler2
I’m really happy to hear it!

If you like our plugin, could you please rate it by going to the Plugins tab in Bubble editor? You can find the plugin by name and give it as many stars as it deserves :smiley:
I will be grateful to see your review :pray:

Thanks! :pray:

Hi, I am having a similar issue to this and can not figure out how to solve using the screenshots that were provided in this thread.

I have a video player in a repeating group and as the repeating group data source gets filtered/changed the RG updates correctly including the video url, but the video player does not. I believe I need to set up a way for it to ‘play next video’ when the RG changes but can not figure out the flow.

Here is a video of the problem and images my current set up.

Video:

Repeating Group:

Repeating Group>Group:

Repeating Group>Group>Video Player:

Repeating Group>Group>URL:

Hi @evanjhoffman, thanks for your message and sorry for the delayed reply within this thread.

The developer team checked the provided information, and regretfully, our plugin functionality doesn’t support such a use case. Sorry about that.

Please let me know if there will be any other plugin-related questions that I can help with.

Regards,