Services Plugins FAQs

Video player Plugin - Setup for Repeating Groups with dynamic data source

Hi, I am having an issue with the video player plugin when used in a repeating group, when the repeating group data source changes, ie gets filtered, the video player does not update to it’s new video. The video remains on what ever video what is in the RG cell first. From what I have read, it seems I need to set up an action that will ‘play next’ video when the data source for the repeating group is changed. However, I can not seem to access the Videoplayer needed when the setting up the workflow ‘Play next video’.

Here is a video of the problem and images my current set up.

Video:

Current Set up Images:
Repeating Group:

Repeating Group>Group:

Repeating Group>Group>Video Player:

Repeating Group>Group>URL:

Potential Workflow to play next video (Videoplayer does not show up in element dropdown)

Hi @evanjhoffman, thanks for your message.

I’ve passed it to the developer team for research. Once they will share feedback, I will let you know asap.

Regards,

Hi @evanjhoffman, thanks for your patience.

The developer team checked the provided information, and regretfully, our plugin functionality doesn’t support such a use case. Sorry about that.

Please let me know if there will be any other plugin-related questions that I can help with.

Regards,

Hello, @evanjhoffman!

Glad to tell that we have added this functionality to the plugin:

Now the plugin plays the video from the RG when the data source is changed/filtered. Also, we have added an autoplay feature (on/off when the video is within the viewport). Please update your plugin to the latest version and give it a try.

Hope it helps. :sunflower:

This is amazing! Thank you!

There is another functionality with the New Video Player that I have created a clunky work around and wanted to see if there is a better way.

The goal is to break videos into scenes, by setting a start point and end point. I have the time stamps in a database for each scene and a repeating group with a ‘New Video Player’ for each scene.

Currently, I have set up a workflow that once a custom play button is clicked ‘Set playback position of New Video Player’ > ‘Play New Video Player’ >workflow checks the videos current position and if greater than the stop position it pauses the Video Player, if not wait 1 second and check again… and so on…

Ideally I would be able to set the start and end point using a dynamic field in the editor. (image mock up attached). If that is not possible would your team have a suggestion for a cleaner workflow for this?

Thank you!

Hello @evanjhoffman,

Thank you for your message, and sorry for the delayed reply over the weekend.

If I understand correctly, you want the video to play or stop at a specific time. If everything is functioning correctly, and you need assistance in adjusting the workflow, I recommend hiring a developer who can delve into your specific use case and provide support.

If you encountered any issues with the plugin, please share a detailed Loom video demonstrating your setup, the plugin element used, the workflow employed, the results you are currently obtaining, and the expected outcome. This information will allow me to replicate your scenario on my end and investigate it further with the team.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Wishing you a fantastic day.

Best regards,