Services Plugins FAQs

Video player start a certain time

Hi @marko,

Bubble magic :sparkles:

Glad to hear that everything is working now :smile:. It might have been a Bubble update that fixed it. If the issue returns, feel free to reach out to me here or at support@zeroqode.com.

If you’re enjoying our plugins and have some spare time, we’d love for you to rate them. Simply go to the Plugins tab in the Bubble editor, search for the plugin by name, and award it the stars you think it deserves.

Furthermore, if you’re willing to share your entire experience with Zeroqode, we invite you to do so at: Zeroqode Trustpilot Review. Your feedback is incredibly valuable to us and the Bubble community, as it motivates us to continue developing outstanding products and maintaining excellent customer service :blush:

Thank you again, and I wish you an amazing week ahead :pray:

Best regards :hibiscus:

@dorel unfortunately, the bugs keep coming…
When playing a YouTube video, sometimes the player starts playing without sound. You need to stop the video and start again to get it with sound. :confused:

Unfortunately, this is super urgent.

Another issue… the player stops immediately after starting the video (in many cases, not always)
Here’s a screen recording: RPReplay_Final1717662872.MP4 - Google Drive

btw: it seems to be a loading issue. when we wait a bit, the player starts playing normally (not solving the sound issue)

Hi @marko,

I’m very sorry to hear that you are experiencing more issues with our plugin. I will try my best to assist and get to the bottom of this!

Could you please tell me if the sound issue is also observed on iPhones? If yes, could you please tell me what version of iOS you are using and what browser? Also, a screenshot of the element’s settings will help to understand more if this is a settings issue or something in the plugin’s code.

I have done some testing on my iPhone using Safari and iOS version 17.4.1, and I have observed a similar behavior. However, when the video goes full screen for the first time, the volume icon in the top right corner is silent. You can check the screenshot below, and could you tell me if you are seeing the same thing on your side?

I have observed this behavior not only with our plugin but also just browsing on random pages with players. A lot of times, they start with the video muted. However, I will still relay this to the developer and see if we can somehow modify it.

I didn’t encounter the behavior with the video pausing itself while testing. Could you tell me what you are doing before encountering this? Are you changing the video source or performing any other actions?

Best regards :sunflower:

Hi again,

I was investigating this behavior myself, as I thought this might be a new policy from Apple, and it seems I was correct. Starting from iOS 13, Apple added a new policy requiring videos to start on mute. I found this article, and you can check it out for more details.

I still created an investigation, just to confirm if we could modify this behavior or not!

Sorry, for my late reply. We went live with the buggy version and were quite busy the past few days. We had the issues described above unrelated to the device or OS. It happened on my Mac, on Android phones, as well as on iPhones.

Here’s the screen recording of the settings: Screen Recording 2024-06-12 at 11.10.00.mov - Google Drive

Also, we’re currently using version 1.7.0 of your plugin, as any ugprade destroys the entire setup (need to fix the CSS before upgrading).

But I tested it with 1.11.0 → same issue.

Hi @marko,

Glad to hear back from you :blush:

Regarding your last message, are you referring to the videos stopping or the mute behavior?

I will try my best to assist :pray:

Best regards :hibiscus:

I meant the mute behaviour.

I have recently tested the new fix for this behavior, and it seems to be working as expected. However, I didn’t notice this behavior on macOS.

I will update you when the new fix is live for users. Let’s check if the behavior persists on other devices after the update :pray:

I want to inform you that the new update has just been released - Version 1.12.0. Could you please update the plugin, test it out on your side, and confirm that the muted behavior of YouTube videos is no longer present?

Hope to hear back from you soon :hibiscus:

Hi @marko,

I wanted to check if you managed to update the plugin and test out the new fixes. I would appreciate your feedback as soon as you have a free moment to test the new version.

Hi @dorel,
I’ll get to it in 2 weeks. Didn’t manage before my vacation and I’m off now for 2 weeks. :slight_smile:
Best,
Marko

1 Like