Services Plugins FAQs

Video player start a certain time

Hi there, I want to use your video player plugin in a way, where users can revisit the page later and pick up watching the video at where they left. So, I’m saving the timestamp (current time). But I couldn’t manage to restart the video (in this case YouTube) with the parameter ?start=timestamp

Any help is highly appreciated! :slight_smile:

To start a YouTube video at a specific time, add ?start=TIME to the end of the URL, where TIME is in seconds. For example, ?start=90 starts the video at 1 minute and 30 seconds.

Hello @marko,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

And thank you, @jamie652cordeiro, for providing the information :pray:. I’ll review the details on our side and will get back to you with a confirmation or additional information as soon as possible.

If you have any other questions in the meantime, please feel free to ask them here, and I’ll do my best to assist you!

Best regards :sunflower:

Thanks for the replies. @jamie652cordeiro that’s the part that’s actually not working, at least for me. I tried it with a static link, it always starts at 0.

Thanks for looking into this :pray:

Hello @marko,

Please accept my apologies for the delayed response :pray:.

Could you confirm if this query is related to the Video Player plugin? If so, I have conducted some tests using YouTube videos as the source and found that there are specific fields where you can set the start and end times of the video - see here. Please ensure the Enable checkbox above these fields is checked and that the start time is not set later than the end time.

Please test this on your side and let me know how it goes. I’m eager to hear if this helped for your usecase or if you’re still experiencing problems.

Best regards :hibiscus:

Hm… I believe I use a different one → Responsive & Stylable Video Player Plugin | Bubble
I didn’t know there are multiple players offered at zeroqode.

Hello @marko,

Thanks so much for your patience :pray:

I’ve tested the plugin you mentioned, and it appears that even with the start parameter in the URL, the player does not recognize the start time for YouTube videos. I will initiate an investigation with our developers to see if we can implement this feature into the plugin.

We offer a variety of video player plugins, which you can explore by clicking here. If another plugin catches your eye, please feel free to try it out :blush:

If you have any more questions, feel free to reach out to us here on the forum or at support@zeroqode.com!

Best regards :sunflower:

Thank you, I appreciate that. Please keep me posted.
Best,
marko

Hello @marko,

Absolutely, I will keep you updated with any information from the developers.

If you have any more questions or need assistance, we’re here to help :pray:.

Best regards :hibiscus: