Services Plugins FAQs

Video player start a certain time

Hi there, I want to use your video player plugin in a way, where users can revisit the page later and pick up watching the video at where they left. So, I’m saving the timestamp (current time). But I couldn’t manage to restart the video (in this case YouTube) with the parameter ?start=timestamp

Any help is highly appreciated! :slight_smile:

To start a YouTube video at a specific time, add ?start=TIME to the end of the URL, where TIME is in seconds. For example, ?start=90 starts the video at 1 minute and 30 seconds.

Hello @marko,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

And thank you, @jamie652cordeiro, for providing the information :pray:. I’ll review the details on our side and will get back to you with a confirmation or additional information as soon as possible.

If you have any other questions in the meantime, please feel free to ask them here, and I’ll do my best to assist you!

Best regards :sunflower:

Thanks for the replies. @jamie652cordeiro that’s the part that’s actually not working, at least for me. I tried it with a static link, it always starts at 0.

Thanks for looking into this :pray:

Hello @marko,

Please accept my apologies for the delayed response :pray:.

Could you confirm if this query is related to the Video Player plugin? If so, I have conducted some tests using YouTube videos as the source and found that there are specific fields where you can set the start and end times of the video - see here. Please ensure the Enable checkbox above these fields is checked and that the start time is not set later than the end time.

Please test this on your side and let me know how it goes. I’m eager to hear if this helped for your usecase or if you’re still experiencing problems.

Best regards :hibiscus:

Hm… I believe I use a different one → Responsive & Stylable Video Player Plugin | Bubble
I didn’t know there are multiple players offered at zeroqode.

Hello @marko,

Thanks so much for your patience :pray:

I’ve tested the plugin you mentioned, and it appears that even with the start parameter in the URL, the player does not recognize the start time for YouTube videos. I will initiate an investigation with our developers to see if we can implement this feature into the plugin.

We offer a variety of video player plugins, which you can explore by clicking here. If another plugin catches your eye, please feel free to try it out :blush:

If you have any more questions, feel free to reach out to us here on the forum or at support@zeroqode.com!

Thank you, I appreciate that. Please keep me posted.
Best,
marko

Hello @marko,

Absolutely, I will keep you updated with any information from the developers.

If you have any more questions or need assistance, we’re here to help :pray:.

Hi @marko,

Hope you are doing well :pray:

I wanted to let you know that a new update for the Responsive & Stylable Video Player—version 1.7.0—has been released. This update introduces a new field that allows you to set the starting time of the video. Could you please update the plugin and test this new feature? Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

To update, simply go to the “Plugins” tab in your Bubble editor, select this plugin, and choose the latest version from the dropdown menu.

I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Hi @marko ,

I just wanted to follow up and see if you’ve had a chance to test the new version of the plugin. When you have a moment, could you please provide me with your feedback?

If you have any other questions or concerns about any of our plugins, feel free to contact our support team at support@zeroqode.com.

@dorel, thank you so much for the update. Really appreciate it.
Just tested it and it worked. :pray:

Btw: also super convenient with the extra field. :ok_hand:

Hi @marko,

Thank you for your reply. :raised_hands: I’m glad to hear you are enjoying the new feature and it was a pleasure to assist!

If you’re enjoying our plugins and have a moment, we’d love for you to rate them. Just go to the Plugins tab in the Bubble editor, search for the plugin by name, and award it the stars you think it deserves.

Additionally, if you’d like to share your entire experience with Zeroqode, we invite you to do so at: Review. Your feedback is incredibly valuable to us and the Bubble community, as it helps us continue developing outstanding products and providing excellent customer service :blush:

Thank you again, and I wish you an amazing week ahead :pray:

Hi @dorel,
another issue popped up… I assume it appeared with the update. (maybe it’s also me)
The video appears to be loading immediately after being display. The loader is circling the big play button. I can’t find a setting to turn it off.

Hi @marko,

Thanks for your message :blush:

I’m not entirely sure I understand the issue, and I couldn’t recreate it on my end. Could you please send us a video recording using a tool like Loom.com?

Showcase the behavior on your page, along with the audio player settings and setup. I’ll do my best to replicate the issue and get to the bottom of it!

Looking forward to hearing from you soon :pray:

Here’s a short screen recording, not sure what else to show.

Attached you have a screenshot of the settings, autoplay is off.

Hi @marko,

Thanks so much for the details :pray:

Could you please provide a screen recording that includes the full settings of the player (not only these settings), your setup, and how the application behaves when you open it? Details of the player settings will help me configure the plugin element as you have on your page. Understanding your setup and workflows will assist me in checking how data is sent and how it behaves.

I would greatly appreciate these details in a screen recording to replicate your setup on our side and understand the source of this behavior. Also, if you are able, please send me the URL of the Youtube video, to confirm it is not because of the video length.

Sure thing… Here’s the 2nd screen recording: Screen Recording 2024-05-14 at 19.43.04.mov - Google Drive

Hi @marko,

Thanks for the video. I have recreated the same settings on my side, but the plugin element behaved correctly, with the load spinner appearing for a maximum of 2 seconds each video.

Could you please add our Support Team email as a collaborator in your application and provide us with a link to your app? This will enable us to check your settings and reproduce the issue on our side, as I was unable to do so for now.

To add our Support Team as a collaborator, please follow these steps in the Bubble Editor:
Settings > Collaboration > Add email support@zeroqode.com.

Please note that you may receive a warning message regarding the plan, but since Zeroqode is on an Agency plan, you can easily add us to your collaborators.

Please provide me a step-by-step on how to access your app and how to get to the video player element on your page, and encounter this behavior!

So, for some reason and without any changes it stopped.
Honestly, I didn’t change any of the settings.

Sorry for bothering you before and thank you for your support.