Services Plugins FAQs

Video processing for the Contractor template

Hi everyone :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m going to purchase the Contractor template soon and curious if anyone tried to implement a video processing feature in it?

What I’m saying is I want to give my users the ability to attach a video when they’re creating a project. After the project is published, the video should be available for contractors to understand the work scope better.

Did anyone try to customize the Contractor template from this standpoint? Or maybe you can share any advice about bottlenecks that are waiting for me in this case?

Thank you so much for reading! I appreciate any comments…

Hi @denys.kanin,

Thanks for reaching out. Perhaps I can help you with some insights.

This feature is relatively easy to implement if you have a bit of experience with Bubble. Our templates certainly require some intermediate level but even with basic understanding you are good to go, to work with embedded functionality.

You can use multiple implementations for video upload. You can go with Bubble’s embedded video element or integrate some plugin. It just requires to add a file upload element to upload videos when you create a post, save it to your database, then simply place the video element on pages/groups where you want to display it.

Our templates do not have any sort of restrictions or limitations in terms of features you can customize to add/remove/change, so you are free to make your Bubble project look and function as you desire.

You can locate template’s docs here https://docs.zeroqode.com/templates/contractor-services-like-thumbtack-template for more info about features etc. and important setup guidance.

Additionally, you can search for our forum threads where other users posted comments with Contractor template, tag them and ask any questions you like.

As a small token of our gratitude - you can use my personal promo code to get you 5% off any templates. Please use ALEX5 at checkout and make sure it’s all IN CAPS.

Best,
Alex