Services Plugins FAQs

Video Recorder Plugin

Hi there,

I built my bubble web app on Chrome, integrating your Video Recorder plugin and have come to cross test the web app on different browsers only to find that it does not work on Safari and Firefox.

The Video Recorder works perfectly on Chrome. On Safari however the save video action does not work. And on Firefox the start recording action doesn’t work.

I tested this with the demo page you provide with the plugin and found that your own demo has the same issues with Firefox and Safari.

I am using the latest versions of Safari and the camera was 100% enabled before recording.

I read from the documentation that you had released a patch for Safari - so presumably you must support this browser at least.

What is going on, can you help?

Hello @andrew7,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I’m sorry to hear about the issues you’ve encountered with our plugin. I have reviewed your request and conducted tests, successfully reproducing the error messages in both Safari and Firefox browsers. It appears there have been recent updates to Safari that may be causing this. I’ve forwarded this matter to our development team for further troubleshooting and resolution.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you have any further questions or need additional assistance in the meantime, please let me know. :pray:

Thank you once again for bringing this to our attention. Have a great day ahead!

Best regards,
Stefan

Hey Stephan, thanks for your prompt and very clear response. Could you provide a rough estimate in terms of timeline for getting this resolved? Does it usually take days, weeks, months?

Hello @andrew7,

Thank you for the question.

To address the issue you mentioned, we first need to identify the root cause. It could be related to library compatibility or a specific feature in the Safari browser. We will working on this, and if all goes well, we expect to roll out an update next week. In the meantime, you can consider using a different browser to continue your development with the plugin.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. :pray:

Have a great weekend ahead!

Best regards,
Stefan

Hi Stephan, thanks again for a prompt and clear response.

I’d like to flag that this same issue that is happening on Safari is also occurring on the Chrome iOS app. This is disastrous. I’ve invested so much time into building a product around this plug-in and find out now there are critical bugs preventing it from functioning across the all core browsers for mobile and desktop. Please can you get this resolved ASAP!

1 Like

Hello @andrew7,

Thank you for your message, and I apologize for the delayed response over the weekend. :pray:

I’m truly sorry to hear about the difficulties you’ve been facing. I have tested the plugin with the Chrome browser on iOS devices and indeed encountered the same error message you reported. Our team is actively working on resolving this, and we are committed to addressing it promptly.

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through this.

Wishing you a great start of the week! :star2:

Best regards,
Stefan

Hi Stefan,

All good I appreciate you have time off over the weekend.

Can I trouble you for an update on this bug fix?

If its going to take a long time to fix for these different browsers, it would be prudent for you to declare that it doesn’t currently work in the plug-in’s information and documentation.

Best,
Andy

1 Like

Helle @andrew7,

Thank you for your message.

We’ve already identified and resolved the function affecting Safari and Firefox browsers. The updated version of the plugin should be available later today.

Thanks again, and have a wonderful weekend! :pray:

Best regards,
Stefan

Hello @andrew7,

I hope you’re doing well.

I wanted to follow up regarding the new version - 1.36.0 of the Video Recorder plugin that was released recently. Have you had a chance to test it on Safari, Firefox, and the Chrome iOS app? I’m eager to hear if the issues you encountered have been resolved and if everything is functioning smoothly now.

Your feedback is invaluable in ensuring that the plugin performs optimally across all platforms. Please let me know if you’re still experiencing any difficulties or if there’s anything else we can assist you with.

Looking forward to your response. :pray:

Best regards,
Stefan

Hey Stephan, I tested on all three and it works on all - thanks to you and the team for such a prompt response!

1 Like

Hi @andrew7,

Thank you so much for your message and kind words. :pray:

It’s great to hear that everything is now working well on all browsers. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you need any help or assistance. It will be a pleasure to cooperate. :blush:

By the way, if you enjoy our plugin, you can rate it by going to the Plugins tab in the Bubble editor. Simply find our plugin by name and give it the stars you think it deserves. We would greatly appreciate it!

Best regards,
Stefan

Hey Stefan, I currently subscribe to this plug-in but I want to purchase it outright. How do I do that? I can’t see the option anywhere to purchase it now I am subscribed. Can you help?

1 Like

Hello @andrew7,

Thank you for your message and your interest in purchasing the plugin. :pray:

If you decide to purchase the full license, you simply need to unsubscribe from the monthly plan and opt for the one-time purchase option. All the workflows related to the plugin should function smoothly after that.

Could you please try this and let us know if you encounter any difficulties or have further questions?

Thank you once again, and I wish you a great start to the week. :star2:

Best regards,
Stefan

Thanks Stefan.

I’ll flip over to the purchase in the next couple of weeks.

I had another question for you. I noticed that videos over 30 seconds start taking a very long time to load, and for some people using this feature, it doesn’t load at all. I checked the size of the videos and noticed they’re pretty hefty, even when using the low quality video setting.

Do you have any instructions for optimising video size and speed of uploading? This is pretty key for us making this feature more user friendly.

1 Like

Hello @andrew7,

Thank you for your message.

The plugin uses the device’s camera, so the video file sizes may vary across different devices. If you need to resize or crop the videos, you might consider using a tool like the Imgix plugin, which offers numerous options.

As for the uploading speed, it is largely dependent on Bubble itself, as uploading files to the file manager can take some time. You may also want to consider upgrading your Bubble plan, as this will help improve upload speeds.

Thank you for your understanding, and please feel free to reach out if you have any more questions.

Best regards,
Stefan

Hey Stefan,

Some wicked tips here for improving upload speed. I’ll def check those out. I don’t see anywhere in the pricing plans anything about improved file upload speed at higher tiers?

And next question I had is around another bug being reported by our users of this plug-in, we’ve had a few people running into the issue of when they press play, the video records for just a second and then automatically stops recording and then uploads the file. Its happening on Google Chrome, but I can’t replicate it. It doesn’t seem to be the countdown, as that is working elsewhere for them, so must be the recorder plug-in. Any advice?

1 Like

Hello @andrew7,

Thank you for reaching out.

Regarding the upload speed, please consult with Bubble support first to ensure that changing plan would be effective in your case. From the plugin’s perspective, once a recording ends, it uploads to the database in the same manner as if you were uploading directly from the data directory. Unfortunately, there is no way to expedite this process from our end.

As for the concern you mentioned, when setting the “Start recording” action, you can define the “maximum recording length” and “Autosave.” This means if the recording exceeds the duration you specify, it will automatically stop the recording and either download the file or proceed with uploading.

Could you please verify this with the user who reported the issue to see if setting it bigger will resolve the problem?

Thank you once again, and have a great day ahead!

Best regards,
Stefan

Hey Stefan,

Coming back to this. The webm file size that this plug-in saves the video in is enormous, are there any plug-ins you would recommend to auto convert them to mp3/mp4?

If not, would you guys consider doing some custom work to the plug-in for me to have it save files in another format?

1 Like

Hello @andrew7,

Thank you for your question.

I’ve reviewed your request and found that the default output format of the plugin varies depending on the device and browser. For example, on desktop and Android devices, the default format is WEBM, while for Safari and iOS, it is MP4.

Currently, there are no Zeroqode plugins available that offer functionality to convert formats. However, if you’re interested in sponsoring the development of new features or improvements, we encourage you to complete our Sponsoring Plugin Features Form here: Interface Form - Airtable

Once we receive your form, we will assess it and provide an estimate of the hours required along with the associated cost. Our sponsorship packages begin at a minimum of 5 hours, at a rate of $200 per hour.

We look forward to the opportunity to collaborate with you and better meet your needs. :pray:

Best regards,
Stefan

Hi Stephan,

I submitted a Sponsoring Plugin Features Form as you recommend. That was over a week ago - what’s the rough timeline on your response to those?

1 Like