Services Plugins FAQs

View another user's Calendar (Google Calendar + offline)

Hi everyone,

I’m building a marketplace allowing sound engineers to offer live & remote services for artists.
I’m using the plugin “Google Calendar + Offline” for letting sound engineers log in their calendar and manage their bookings.

So far, everything seems to work.
Users can log in their google calendar, retrieve their calendars and view/create/delete their events.
They even stay logged in using a refresh and access token.

I just have an issue and I don’t know if it is possible with to do it with this plugin.

I would like to let artists view sound engineers’ calendars when booking.
All events would be marked as “booked”, it is just to view the seller’s instant availability when booking.

I’ve tried to store users calendar’s id in the database (with the right privacy settings), but I can’t make it work.

Does anyone have an idea on if it is possible? And if so, how to make it work?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Sylvain

Hello @Crashbandy13,
Thanks for reaching out!

Unfortunately, it’s not possible as Google only allows users to access the calendar with authorization. In your case, artists need to log in with the account information of sound engineers in order to see the calendar. Sorry for not being able to help in this regard. :pray:t2:

Please let me know if there is anything else I can try to help you with.

Regards,
Gulce

Hi @Gulce,

Thank you for your reply!
Got it, I guess i’ll have to create an internal calendar tool.
Artists will at least see all the bookings created from the platform.

Maybe I can duplicate the Google Calendar’s retrieved events into my internal calendar database.
Not sure, but i’ll give it a try!

Thanks again for your time,

Regards,
Sylvain

Hi @Crashbandy13,
Always welcome! :slightly_smiling_face:

It can be accomplished by creating a list of things in your database. Also, you may need to Schedule an API Workflow for this. Therefore, I would like to suggest you take a look at this thread, I suppose it will be useful for you: Create a list of things - #2 by romanmg - Need help - Bubble Forum

As for the first option, I can suggest another plugin for this as it might fit your use case. In case you would like to take a look, you can check it here: Calendar (Drag and Drop) Plugin for Bubble | Plugin for Bubble by Zeroqode

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Have a great day!

1 Like

Hi again @Gulce,

Thanks for the info.
I actually have issues for retrieving my google calendar’s events through the API workflow.

I’ve created a data type : Calendars_events
Supposedly, all events would be created and stored here one by one.

Then, I have a backend workflow for creating those events :

And I’m calling it from the page load :

But, when i’m running in debug_mode, I get this error message :

I don’t understand why the API cannot find the calendar’s events.
I am using the same API call “Google Calendar Offline - Retrieve Calendar’s Events’ item” for another action, in the same page and it works fine.

Do you know what am I doing wrong here?
Could you please help me out?
You talk about creating a list of things for this, but I can’t see how I can retrieve all events with different start_time/end_time this way.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Hi @Crashbandy13,

Let me check this out on my side, I will get back to you as soon as possible. In the meantime, I would like to kindly ask you to record a video showing the issue.

Thank you!

Hello @Crashbandy13,

I’ve checked carefully the screenshots you’ve provided and I should point out that your setup looks correct. I suppose it might be related to some changes in Google Privacy Rules, so it can’t be implemented because your use case is quite difficult due to Google Server.

I am glad you trust me with your use case and ideas for implementing it, but it is beyond my duties to provide you with support for this. We are only providing general support on our services or addressing issue reports to the plugin/template development teams in case of their appearance. I’m sorry for not being able to help you here. :pray:

I can suggest you write on the Bubble forum and describe your use case with as many details as possible I bet there is already somebody who was trying to build something similar and would like to share how they did solve that problem or at least will point you in the right direction.

Or you can create another calendar as you’ve mentioned in your previous message. In case I can help you with that, please let me know. I will be glad to assist you.

Hope for your understanding.

Regards,
Gulce

Hi @Gulce,

Sorry for the late reply.

I’ve managed to almost make it work in the end.
The plugin seems to work sometimes, other times it doesn’t.

I’m still working on it to figure out what is the issue here.
I’ll have a look on the Bubble Forum to see if there is something that we are missing out here.

I appreciate your response and the time that you’ve taken to analyse my issues.

Regards,

Sylvain

Hi @Crashbandy13,

Thank you for understanding. I hope you will find the most workable and convenient solution for it. If there is anything else I can try to help you with, don’t hesitate to contact me. It will be a pleasure to cooperate. :pray:t2:

Best,
Gulce