Services Plugins FAQs

Voice Recognition Plug-in: Not working on mobile device

I’ve created a “choose your own adventure” app using the voice recognition plug-in. It works when I preview it, when I deploy to live on my laptop, and it works when I access the live url by typing it directly into the browser.

However, when I access the live url from my mobile device (iPhone 11), the app loads and the first few actions run until it’s time for the first voice recognition. Then it’s unresponsive.

What could be the problem?

Thanks for your help,
Doyle

Hello @doyleholz!
Thank you for reaching out.

Please let us investigate your report and get back to you ASAP.

Have a great day! :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks Diana! I was wondering if I’d get you again :wink:

Hi @doyleholz!

After a thorough investigation of your report, it appears that although our plugin is supported by iOS, some issues might arise.

Particularly, in this case, the multitude of processes happening in the background delay the voice recognition significantly, so it seems that the plugin is not responsive at all.

Unfortunately, this happens with iOS devices only, as Android devices respond well.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this might cause. :pray:

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

OK, I thought that might’ve been it.

Are there any plans in the works to make the plug-in more compatible with the iPhones in the future?

@doyleholz

I’m afraid I don’t have an estimated time for this, as we are limited by the technologies used to create this plugin. It is based on the annyang JavaScript library, and all of the functionalities are tied to it.

When the developers of the said library fix the issue, our team will update the plugin.

Thank you for understanding. :pray:

OK, thanks Diana!

Happy New Year.

2 Likes

Thank you @doyleholz ! Have a wonderful year! :blush:

Hi @diana.c, any update on this? I’ve run into this issue, and it would be great to have a solution for it.