Services Plugins FAQs

Wasabi Cloud Storage file extension

In version 1.104.0 or lower, the file extension used to return with the dot next to the extension, example: (.png .pdf .jpg)

Updating to the most current version, the extensions are only returning the type, but without the dot, example: (png, pdf, jpg).

As a result, file type detection for viewing in my software does not work for new files, since I do a complete type check. For it to work correctly I would have to change the verification to contains (which is more costly in terms of performance)

Is the change in the extension format by the plugin a permanent change or was it a mistake?

Hi @marcello_pessoa,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Upon testing, it appears that the plugin now only returns the extension code without the dot. I will consult with the developers about this change and provide you with more information as soon as possible.

In the meantime, please manually add the dot to the extension or consider downgrading to a previous version of the plugin that meets your needs.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at any time :pray:

Best regards :sunflower:

Thank you, I look forward to your response.

I will maintain a previous version and make the change if this is a behavior that will remain standard in the future.

tks

Hi @marcello_pessoa,

Hope you’re doing well! I apologize for the delayed response over the weekend :pray:.

I have an update for you: the recent change was made inadvertently. Our developers are currently reviewing whether to revise the plugin to reintroduce the previous functionality. I’ll keep you posted as soon as we have more information!

Thank you for your understanding. In the meantime, please feel free to continue using the version of the plugin that best meets your needs, and I’ll get back to you with more details soon.

If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Best regards :hibiscus:

1 Like

Hi @marcello_pessoa,

Hope you’re doing well :pray:

I wanted to let you know that we’ve released a new update for the Wasabi plugin—version 1.109.0. In this update, we’ve reinstated the dot before file extensions, addressing the issue you noted earlier. Could you please update the plugin to the latest version and give it a try? I’d really appreciate your feedback to ensure everything is now functioning as expected.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards :sunflower:

1 Like

Perfect, now it’s working properly.

Thank you for your attention

Best Regards,