Services Plugins FAQs

Webpage to PDF Converter - Quality/Resolution Problem

Hi !
I’have just purchased the plugin Bubble Webpage to PDF Converter.
Everything is working fine, except a major issue :

In my app, user can edit a document and then export it to pdf. The element’s dimensions are W= 620 and H=877. I can’t make it bigger because I want it to fit with the screen of most PC users.

When the PDF is generated, everything is perfectly displayed, but the quality is so poor… How can I improve it ?

As the documents generated will be printed, I need it in a good quality.

I choose “none” for compression but it doesn’t improve it. Help would be very much appreciated !

Thanks,

Louis

Hello @louislemercierpro, thank you for reaching out!

Could you please provide the screenshots with settings of the action “Convert to PDF” which is used in your app. This will help to check how this problem can be solved.

Best Regards,
Alex

Hello,

Here is screenshots of this action :slight_smile:

Best Regards,

Louis

Hello @louislemercierpro,

Thank you for providing screenshots.

From what I can see, everything is set up correctly. In this case, the issue with quality may be caused by the initial resolution of the image. Maybe you are using an image with the too-small resolution? Overall in terms of how the plugin works, it is making a screenshot of the element and then makes a PDF from that image. The quality may be impacted by the plugin in case of using Compression or too big target dimensions, but from what I see this is not the case, so the issue maybe only with the initial image.

Could you please check with another image with higher quality?

Best Regards,
Alex

Hello,

When I’m doing it with a larger image the quality is better ! The only problem is that I need to make 2 version of the document : one that the user see (needs to be small to fit screen) and one that is used for pdf conversion.

Louis

Hello @louislemercierpro,

If you aren’t using Compression or too big target dimensions the resulted PDF has the best possible quality available in this plugin. Try to use the target format or custom target format for making the small image. This may help with improving the quality as if during the conversion the plugin will not have to extend the image, the quality wouldn’t be affected so much.

Best Regards,
Alex