Services Plugins FAQs

🧮 Xero Accounting - New Plugin from Zeroqode

Hi all,
does anyone have instructions on the intialize workflow for the first run to get this plugin going?

have tried using the existing workflow built into an API based on the instructions,

and, alternatively a simple method…
19%20pm
have also tried initializing the API using the Xero GET with “initialize” added into the url
54%20pm

but am receiving an error as below:
28%20pm

am quite sure there is a problem with my workflows and would be great if anyone had a few screenshots to help me out!

thanks!

Hello @b.j.gibson,

Please try to open API Workflows > Created Endpoint and press the Detect data button. After that, you will see Detecting Request Data window.

With this window open, make a call of data as you did in your third try. In other words, just open another window, while keeping the first open, and call the data using Xero Get Data and the link for initializing.https://yourapp.bubbleapps.io/version-test/api/1.1/wf/**invoices**/initialize
This should initialize the call. Please let me know if this helped.

Best regards.
Alex

Hi Alex,
thanks for the pointers, unfortunately still not initialising.

i have run the detect data in both development and live…

and then ran the “Xero Get Data” workflow in another tab (tested in both development & live)
27%20pm

i have also tried triggering the “Get data” workflow from a button and the Connect to Xero button!
08%20pm

still not working and producing this error in both development and live…
48%20pm

any ideas on what might be causing the issue?

thanks,
Ben

Hello @b.j.gibson,

Could you please add support@zeroqode.com as collaborators to your app and specify the page where you are trying to add the plugin. We will check with our developers what may be the problem. Thank you in advance!

Best Regards,
Alex

thanks Alex,

you’re all added in!
it’s in the “dashboard” page, and is on button “xero”, as below:
20%20pm

the API endpoint is “contacts”, as below:

thanks for looking into it!
cheers,
Ben

Thank you @b.j.gibson,

Our team will check your app in order to find out what is the cause of the problem. We will do our best to provide an answer ASAP. I will let you know when the issue will be solved.

Best Regards,
Alex

Hello Ben @b.j.gibson,

Our developers checked your application. The problem was found to be with the place where the workflow for authorization was set up. The actions (Request token & Authorize Client) are set up in the API workflow logic, but they should be in page workflows on button click.

So the logic of the workflow should be the following:

1. We should authorize the current user by setting up a button that has actions Request token => Authorize Client… this should NOT be in the api workflow.

2. When the user is authorized and keys are saved, we can make the Get Data action when the user clicks on somewhere.

3. in the api workflow we should only initialize it once and then the user can do whatever he wants with received data, there are no actions from the plugin that are used in the API workflow.

Also, you can check on our demo editor page, how the plugin is set up. Here is the demo editor URL: zeroqode-demo-14 | Bubble Editor

Hope this will help!

Best Regards,
Alex

Thanks Alex,

that was the original workflow i had built but disabled it and thought i would try it out in the api side to see if that worked?

i have re-instated that workflow and attempted to initialize again with no action built into the API but still not having any luck.
i have attempted this is development and in live (both with debugger and without) but it still wont detect the parameters when detecting data in the API.

here is the response when running with the debugger:

same response is produced in development and live.

any suggestions on where it could be falling down would be greatly appreciated.
cheers,
Ben

Hello @b.j.gibson,

We checked once again your app and the plugin in order to find what may be the cause of the issue reported by you. Unfortunately, we found that on side of Xero was made some changes that may affect how our plugin works. We are currently working on finding the solution but it may be possible that the plugin will need an update. If an easy solution will be found I will let you know otherwise our team will need some time for updating the plugin. I will keep you posted in this regard.

Best Regards,
Alex

Hello Ben,

I am afraid we could not fix the plugin and it is not possible to implement any solutions. According to the last updates, Xero no longer offers the possibility to create new OAuth 1.0a apps. Unfortunately, they decided to deprecate Oauth 1.0a starting December 2019 and it will be closed on March 2021.

Considering the above mentioned we have no possibility to develop a solution that could fix the plugin.

Best Regards,
Alex