Services Plugins FAQs

🧮 Xero Accounting - New Plugin from Zeroqode

download

Xero is a leading online accounting and reporting tool and this plugin allows to authenticate your app users with their Xero accounts and then read and write data.

For documentation click here: https://docs.zeroqode.com/plugins/xero-accounting

For details, screenshots and demos please visit the plugin page: at Xero Accounting Plugin for Bubble | Plugin for Bubble by Zeroqode

Levon Terteryan

Founder @ Zeroqode

zeroqode-for-web-160x120
Bubble Templates
Bubble Plugins
Bubble Courses
Convert Web to iOS & Android
No-code Development Services

I can’t seem to get this demo to function. Is something missing?

Hello @dave1, we will analyse that issue, and I will be back to you ASAP.

Thank you,
BR.
Nik.

Hey @dave1, just for info, we have fixed it.

Thank you.
BR.
Nik

Thanks guys. I have this almost 100% now.
I do appear to be getting a sockettimeout issue. Is this something you guys can take a look at. It happens both in my app and on your demo when selecting the Get Xero data function.2

Hi, @dave1
Thank you for reporting the issue!
We are inspecting the problem and doing our best to solve it ASAP.
I will let you know when the issue will be fixed.

Regards,
Alex

Thanks @alex.grimacovschi. You guys rock!

Hi, @dave1

We fixed the bug now everything should work fine!

Regards,
Alex.

Guys. This is working so much better. Really appreciate it.

1 more request. The plugin seems to time-out too quickly for me to grab the Profit and Loss statement or Balance Sheet. Any time that I try to grab it I get a time out error:

Is there a way to increase the length of time before that error. It seems to still grab the data if I don’t put any actions in after the “Get Xero Data” action

Hi @dave1,

We did another update which should solve this issue. Please check the updated version.
I hope now everything will work fine.

Regards,
Alex

Thanks Alex. I have the latest version… but after about 30 seconds I still get the timeout error message. It seems that it takes closer to a minute to actually download the Balance Sheet or Profit and Loss. I boosted my Bubble account which seemed to help… but I don’t know if I can boost much more than what I have done already. Any thoughts?

Hi @dave1,
Sorry to hear that! We will check what else we can do to solve this issue.

I am actually pulling in the Profit and Loss report. The entire report comes in after about 3 minutes but the error seems to fire after about a minute.

Any luck with this? I’ve boosted as much as possible on bubble.is and the plugin still times out when pulling in reports. Anyway you can increase the length of time before it throws up the error code?

Hello @dave1,

Our team is still working on optimizing the plugin. I will inform you of any developments.

Thank you for understanding.
Best regards,
Alex

Alex,
Just checking in. With my capacity in Bubble increased this plugin is only timing out on the bigger companies in Xero. Any luck with optimization?

Hi @dave1,

Sorry that it is taking so long. We are working on a solution for the optimization of the plugin but it is not finished yet. I will keep you posted in this regard.
Thank you for understanding!

Alex.

Hi @dave1,

We developed additional functionality which will help with timeouts and will optimize the plugin. Now the plugin support pagination of invoices, contacts, bank transactions, and manual journals. So you can use it to get the reports by pages. Pagination will allow to not overload the calls and optimize the plugin work. Please update the plugin to get the latest version.

I hope it will help you!

Best Regards,
Alex.

Alex,
I can’t paginate this request: https://api.xero.com/api.xro/2.0/Reports/BalanceSheet
see the documentation here.
When I pull the report it times out on any company that has more than roughly 100 lines in the balance sheet and if I pull more than a few months using periods.
Any way to extend the length of time before it automatically times out?

Hello @dave1,

Unfortunately, there is no way to extend the length of time before it times out.
Yes, as said before the pagination is supported only for invoices, contacts, bank transactions, and manual journals. We cannot develop pagination for BalanceSheet due to settings of the Xero. At the same time, it is possible to filter the calls, for example: “Reports/BalanceSheet&paymentsOnly=true”. In order to filter the results, you should insert the filter in the field “Xero Endpoint”
More details about filters you can find here: https://developer.xero.com/documentation/api/requests-and-responses
Maybe with filters, you will manage to receive data in smaller chanks and it will not time out.

I am really hoping this will help you!

Best Regards,
Alex.