Services Plugins FAQs

Xero accounting plugin - expired token issue

Hi @richard8, thanks for your patience.

The developer team checked related settings and no issue has been found so far. Please check the test page for example of setup related to getting contacts (no additional scopes required).

In case any related issues will remain, please share a video with the use case details (as well as a direction where we can find it on your app).

Regards,

Hi @Serg

Hmmm… I’ve tried your new test page (it’s showing 5 other outstanding issues btw) and that’s not working for me either. It must be authenticated ok as the other calls are returning data but as you can see, the contacts group is empty.

Of course, I can’t use debug mode to see what is happening as it’s the return address from Xero. The Xero login I’m using is the default demo account and I tried removing that first and re-authenticating to see if that was a problem but still don’t see any data in the contacts group.

Thanks

Richard

Hi @richard8, thanks for reply.
Let us check once again what could be the issue. I will let you know asap once any solution will be found.

Thank you for understanding.
Regards,

One more plugin is live now, version 1.9.0 (Added “accounting.contacts” scope for authentication).
Please update your plugin and check on your side how contact data are displayed.

Drop a message if there will be other plugin-related questions to discuss.

Regards,

Fantastic! I just tried the “get contacts” function and it’s all working great now so thanks again :+1:

2 Likes

Hi @richard8, glad to hear that it helped :hugs:

If there will be any other questions, you know where to find us :wink:

Happy New Year and have a great time!

Regards,

Hi @Serg

Happy New Year! I’ve just tried the “add invoice” and it worked so that’s great news :+1:

However, it only allows a couple of fields to be set, so would it be possible to also add the following Xero fields too please?

Invoice Date
DueDate
Status
AccountCode

Thanks again for your continued support!

Richard

Hi, @richard8!

Let us please check if we can add the requested fields to the “Create Invoice” action. I’ll get back to you once I have any updates on your request. :slightly_smiling_face:

Take care.

Thanks @kate much appreciated :+1:

1 Like

We’ve pushed an update (Version 1.11.0 - Added “Date”, “DueDate”, “Status”, “AccountCode” fields for “Create Invoice” action) which added the requested fields.

Please update your plugin and give it a try :wink:

You know, if there will be anything else that we can help with our plugin, drop me a message.

Regards,

Ok great, I’ve just done a very quick test and all seems to work brilliantly. Thanks again! :raised_hands:

2 Likes

@richard8 you’re welcome :wink:

Have a great day!

Regards,

1 Like

Hi Serg

My client came to test his project this week but said he couldn’t sign up with a new user (failing when connecting to Xero). This was all working fine previously and my sign up/connection code hasn’t changed (nad existing users can still login and get Xero info no problem).

Looking at the browser console, it’s failing with the following at the very first call to "Get Xero Token From URL Oauth 2.0: when Xero returns a valid response:

"
The service Xero - Get Organisation just returned an error (HTTP 401). Please contact the plugin author directly for feedback. Raw error:

{“Type”:null,“Title”:“Unauthorized”,“Status”:401,“Detail”:“AuthenticationUnsuccessful”,“Instance”:“329bfbac-93b7-4bd3-a3e4-21b5a8938657”,“Extensions”:{}}
"

I wanted to remind myself how the initial signup worked (as it has been a while since I wrote this before Christmas!) so went to your plugin example page http://zeroqode-demo-14.bubbleapps.io/xero?debug_mode=true but that is failing to connect when I hit the Xero button with an error.

I’ve also updated to the latest version of the plugin but it’s still the same. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Richard

Hi @richard8, thanks for reporting this.

I’ve passed it to the developer team for research. Once any updates will appear, I will let you know asap.

Thank you again for understanding :pray:

Regards,

1 Like

Thanks Serg, much appreciated!

Hi Serg

Apologies but this was actually an issue in my development (saving Xero credentials to one user then trying to use another) but the way the debug in Bubble captured it made it look like an initial authorisation issue!

On the plus side, at least I spotted that your demo page wasn’t working so you can sort that out.

Thanks, and apologies again

Richard

1 Like

Hi @richard8, thanks for your messages.

The developer team fixed the demo page authorization flows, so now it works properly (you can use it as a reference if needed).

Of course, if there is any other question that I can help with, please let me know :wink:

Regards,

Great, thanks as always! :+1:

2 Likes

Hi Serg

Hope you’re well? We’ve got everything working nicely and creating invoices for existing contacts. My client would also like the ability to add new contacts (so they can create an invoice for a new customer) so could “add new contact” be added to the Xero plugin?

Thanks

Richard

Hi @richard8, sorry for the delayed reply, and glad to hear that all is working smoothly.

I’ll pass this request on to the developer team. Once any feedback will appear, I will let you know asap.

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,