Services Plugins FAQs

ZQ Drag-n-Drop Calendar Issues with Setup and Feature Request

Hi Zeroqode,

I’ve recently just subscribed to your calendar plugin on Bubble and am still facing some issues with the setup after following your setup documentation and @alexandru directed me to the forum to hopefully find some help. I think I’ve done everything correctly but still see a general error from the bubble debug menu as well as Google Dev Tools Console. I’ve attached screenshots of my setup and issues below - happy to provide access through DM as we currently are unable to add collaborators, but more than happy to open access through a direct link for you when you see this.

The issues just appears when previewing after setup - the calendar is unable to display events or create new events. The error messages can be seen below. Currently on the latest version of the plugin and bubble, on Chrome. There are no active workflows on the test page with the calendar on it, and I’ve entered a static email address of a current test user with events that have already been created/configured manually based on the examples provided.

^ The above have the databases Calendars and Calendar Events checked for Data API

Also, I was wondering whether I could put in a small feature request or see if this already is possible. Is it possible to add default calendars that users are unable to delete? Right now, I’ve noticed that all calendars have a delete button (See picture) - is there an option to remove this for particular calendars?

Many thanks in advance!
Matthew

Hi @mman,

Thanks for pinging me and sharing these details. Unfortunately, the error is not reproducing on our side. It seems that your setup is a bit different than as mentioned in our docs.

The first database object for Calendars is configured properly, but the second one for TaskEvents requires some adjustments:

So it is necessary to respect the field naming, but the Type name can be anything you’d like. Just make sure it is correctly set up here:

Based on your screenshot, the naming needs to be changed here:

And this table is missing a couple of fields:

• Start_date of type date
  • End_date of type date

As well as this part here:

And make sure it is exposing Data and Workflow API, as per our docs strictly. Then give it a try again.

Hope it helps.

Best,
Alex

Thanks for this!

Posting this for anyone else with issues but also might worth updating the documentation - there is a tiny restriction for the Type Name, you cannot have a space in it, so I changed mine from “Calendar Events” to “CalendarEvents” and the error went away.

Also @alexandru I was wondering if you have any knowledge about the last bit I posted?

Also, I was wondering whether I could put in a small feature request or see if this already is possible. Is it possible to add default calendars that users are unable to delete? Right now, I’ve noticed that all calendars have a delete button (See picture) - is there an option to remove this for particular calendars? image

Cheers!

Hi @mman,

Thanks a lot for your feedback. We’ll have to indicate this in our docs as well!

Sorry for missing this one. Unfortunately, it is not possible to remove it for specific calendars. So, either you unmark the checkbox for entire Side Menu or you leave it but you’ll be able to remove any calendar.

However, we have taken your feedback into account and will decide how feasible it is to implement in future updates.

1 Like