Services Plugins FAQs

ZQ Fuzzy Search & Autocomplete plugin - search with Chinese

Hello Guys,

Fuzzy Search is the great plugin I have ever used, but now I facing some problems with this plugin,

1 - for Chinese language searching, my page was used Chinese traditional language, could the plugin can auto search the Chinese word, even the user is using Chinese traditional or Chinese simplified?

2 -
2022-03-31_17-42-48
2022-03-31_17-52-59

A space or backspace must be entered to display search results, Is something wrong with my setting? What should I do to solve the problem?

Hi @wamai34567,
Thank you for reaching out.
We kindly appreciate your interest in our plugins. :pray:

If I understand you right, the name of the content in your database is written in Chinese Simplified and you would like to display the result either if the user is using simplified or traditional characters?
Let me please check internally with the dev team if that is achievable with the Fuzzy Search plugin, and will investigate how feasible it is to implement the requested feature in the nearest plugin update.
Once it happens - I let you know. :slight_smile:

This is not a bug, that’s is how the plugin actually works.
Thank you for your understanding.

In case there will be any other plugin-related questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me, I will be glad to help.
Have a nice weekend!
Regards,

1 Like

Hi, @Igor

Yes! I’m so appreciative of your reply and your help, thank you!

Hi ,
May I know what’s the difference between Fuzzy Search and Algoria Search?
Algoria Search is the advanced plugin from fuzzy search?

Hi @wamai34567,
Thank you for your questions, and sorry for the late reply due to the weekend. :pray:

At the moment our Fuzzy Search plugin allows searching either using simplified or traditional Chinese symbols. Unfortunately, since the plugin is searching through a specifically defined field and predefined symbol, it is quite complicated to implement the requested feature without using some sort of AI that will understand and convert traditional symbols to simplified ones and vice-versa.

But, as a workaround, I can suggest this solution for your use case. Let’s assume you are searching through field name1 (from your database) that is written in a simplified version. You can create a new variable that is called name2 (inside your database) and write the same value as name1 but using traditional symbols. Inside your Repeating Group on top of the current cell, name1 create the current cell name2 and uncheck it visible on page load. As well in the plugin settings, under Field to Search, do not forget to indicate name2 as well.

When the user will type the name of your video either using simplified or traditional Chinese, the plugin will display the name that is visible. See the screenshots below.

Summary

I hope the above will be useful to you, try my suggestions and let me know if they helped.
Best regards, :slight_smile:

Hello @wamai34567,
Happy to announce, that we have updated the plugin with the new Version: 1.11.0.

• It was added codes for determining all variations of the Chinese language

Please change the plugin version in your app to the latest one and let me know if everything is working well.
Regards, :slight_smile:

Hi ,

Wow, so happy to hear the good news, thank you for your help and your perfect development team!

2 Likes

Hello @wamai34567,

Thanks for the feedback, I’m glad that the provided solution worked for you. :pray:

If you like our plugin so far, could you please rate it by going to the Plugins tab in Bubble editor?
You can find the plugin by name and give it as many stars as it deserves.
The more feedback we get, the more motivated we are to build great plugins! :slight_smile:

In case there will be any other plugin-related questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me, I will be glad to help.
Have a nice weekend ahead!
Regards,

Hi @Igor

This is my search result when I try using the latest version,
but the result I tried with simplified Chinese and traditional Chinese, the result show is difference

another question, the result shown is repeated… how should I combine it?

Hope you could give me some advice, thank you

Regards,

Hello @wamai34567,
Thank you for your message.

Due to the fact that we have some additional questions regarding your settings, can you please add our Support Team email to the list of collaborators to your application and provide me a link to your application? This will allow us to check your settings and run some tests to fix the mentioned problem.

To add our Support Team as a collaborator, you need to do the following steps in the Bubble Editor:
Settings > Collaboration > Add email support@zeroqode.com

Note: avoid the warning message regarding the plan, as we are an agency and you can easily add us to your collaborators.

Looking forward to your reply.
Best regards,

Hi, @Igor

Thanks for your kindness, we found another way to solve the problem, but now we face another problem on this plugin, the search function was not working if too much data

the same setting works on version-test, but can’t perform after publishing the page

Hope you could give me some advice, thank you

Regards,

Hi @wamai34567,
Thank you for your message.

Do you have the same Bubble database both for development and live version? How many entries are there? Are there any different conditions for the development and live version?
If that’s convenient for you, please provide screenshots of your setup and screencast with the Loom video tool to record both versions, this will help better understand what is the difference.

Or, you can add our Support Team email to the list of collaborators to your application and provide me a link to your application. This will allow us to check your settings and run some tests to fix the mentioned problem.

To add our Support Team as a collaborator, you need to do the following steps in the Bubble Editor:
Settings > Collaboration > Add email support@zeroqode.com

Note: avoid the warning message regarding the plan, as we are an agency and you can easily add us to your collaborators.

Looking forward to your reply.
Best regards, :slight_smile: