Services Plugins FAQs

ZQ FUZZY search

Hello,

Is there a reason why the fuzzy search only picks up some fields from a data source to choose from?

I’m trying to look at all fields from my recipes, but it’s not displaying them.

Thank you for the help

Hello, @kylesjatkinson1
Thanks for reporting your issue.

We have tested the plugin and the issue is not reproduced on our side, I’m afraid.
For this reason, we kindly ask you to provide us as many details as possible in order to investigate the issue.

Please attach all the necessary info like:

• error screenshots from debugger and browser console;

• how to reproduce your issue;

• screenshots with the current settings of the plugin element, input, and repeating group;

Looking to hear you soon :pray:
Best regards,

• error screenshots from debugger and browser console;
    The plugin work. It searches, but I want to search in the ingredients field of the Recipe data type.

I have a recipe data type with various recipe variables - Name, description, prep time, image, intolerances, Ingredients(List of texts).

Image of setup

Image of Data type setup

Is there a reason why not all data types are ale to be searched from the plugin’s “Filed to search”

Hello, @kylesjatkinson1
Thanks for the details.

Additionally to the provided screenshots, can you please share with us the screenshots of your Repeating Group, which is used for displaying the results?

Seems like your Repeating Group had only 1 row and 1 column. In order to exclude some assumptions, could you please add some more columns and rows to your RG?

Waiting to hear you soon.
Best regards,

I don’t think that is the issue, please see recording - https://recordit.co/xIjQeG3Prm

I’ve got this setup with another repeating group with multiple rows and columns.

I thought it’s because the field to search can only look at not list field types. but it’s also missing the comments from the drop down in the field to search in the plugin

Hello, @kylesjatkinson1
I’m sorry that my advice was not helpful to you.

Can you please add our Support Team email to the list of collaborators to your application and provide me a link to your application? This will allow us to check your settings and run some tests to fix the mentioned problem.

To add our Support Team as a collaborator, you need to do the following steps in the Bubble Editor:

Settings > Collaboration > Add email support@zeroqode.com

Note: avoid the warning message regarding the plan, as we are an agency and you can easily add us to your collaborators.

Looking to hear you soon.
Regards,

Hello @Ecaterina
Added. https://bubble.io/page?type=custom&name=Search_Page_Side_Bar&id=katest1&tab=tabs-1

Thank you

Hello, @kylesjatkinson1
Thanks for provided access.

We have checked your application and the reason for displaying only the part of the information is found. However, the reason is not related to the Plugin functional.

Please allow me to highlight that you created some Data Types as a List. This implies that the introduction of information should be done in a slightly different way.

Please find the screencast with the required steps: https://www.loom.com/share/041f56b12e1e4296a7cfc3e590e94c17

So, you should fill your DataBase with needed information and press “Add” after adding to add the first item in this DataType.

Hope it will help you to display all information.

In case of any additional questions will appear - please let me know. I will gladly assist you.
Best regards,

Hi @Ecaterina, this doesn’t solve my issue.

My issue wasn’t displaying the data in the repeating group. My issue is using the author field as a “Search field”.

see my video with explanation - https://www.loom.com/share/272a46b3ae214580805e73e1e7b4154b

Thank you

Hello, @kylesjatkinson1
Thanks for the screencast and details.

Now, your issue is clear.
We have checked the application one more time and defined the main reason.

Please note that you can select in the " Field to search" only “single data”. It means, that you can’t use the data with the " List of text" type.

As we can see, the “var_YF_Author” is a "List of text "in your DataBase, and indeed, it wasn’t displayed in the “Field to search”.

Once we created the test type of data for the Author of the recipe - it appears, as required. Please find below my screenshot:

Note: The “Field to search” doesn’t work with List type.

Hope it will help you :pray:
Best regards,

Thank you I assumed that was the case.

Hello, @kylesjatkinson1
Happy to hear that all is working now.

If you like our plugin, could you please rate it by going to the Plugins tab in Bubble editor? You can find the plugin by name and give it as many stars as it deserves :smiley:
The more feedback we get, the more motivated to build great plugins :smiley:

Thanks! :pray:

1 Like