Services Plugins FAQs

ZQ Rich Text Editor Issue

I have an issue with the ZQ Rich Text Editor when I use the control on a popup window. If I enable and then try to use the Hashtag or Mention functionality the little window that is suppose to appear (with a list of hashtags or mentions) is displayed behind the popup window and cannot be interacted with. This functionality works fine if the control is placed directly on a page but not if used in a popup. Any possibility of getting this fixed?

Thanks!

Hi @AZDryHeat,

Unfortunately, we did not manage to reproduce the bug. Could you please make a video and/or screenshots of the bug and the workflow? It will help us to understand why this problem appears and how it could be solved.

Thank you in advance!

Sure, I created a simple page with one popup window and placed the ZQ Rich Text Editor on both. I enabled hashtags and put in some entries (11, 12, 13, 14, 15). The video below shows the behavior I encountered. As you can see the little window that appears when you start typing the hashtag is shown behind the popup but works correctly when the control is just on the page.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZtKwKMk6S2PLGNAgzt_R-DEHhiIZhD0a

Let me know if you need anymore information. Thanks!

Dear @AZDryHeat,

Thank you for the details and video!

We now are working on the development of V.2 of the plugin and these issues will be solved with the update. We will let you know when v.2 will be published.

Regards,
Alex

Hello @AZDryHeat,

We updated the ZQ Rich Text Editor and now is available version 2.0. After you will update the plugin in your app everything should work fine. Also, here you can check the new live demo and updated documentation. https://zeroqode.com/plugin/zq-rich-text-editor-20-1527080205468x894712503856267300

Best Regards,
Alex.

Thanks for the update. I just applied the new version and I had a couple of questions/observations. First the old control label (RTE - Main Version) seems to be be blank now. Here is what the element tree looks like before and after the update:

Before:

Capture1

After:

Capture3

Second, the “Currently installed version” drop down on the plugin page is extremely wide and I cannot read the text as it goes off the screen even at max resolution:

Lastly, do you recommend I port our current functionality to use the new version of the control (ZQ RTE) since the old one is marked as deprecated?

Thanks!

Hello @AZDryHeat,

Thank you for your observations

1. Regarding the blank name of the element, it happened because the name was too long and it goes to the second line which is not visible. We will fix this in the next update. Also, this element is from the old version of the plugin and will not be present in future versions.
  2. The settings of the field are defined by the bubble and we cannot change it.

Finally, yes I do recommend to port the functionality to the latest version of the plugin as it solves the bugs presented in the previous version, has additional functionalities, and the old version will not be supported in the future.

Best regards,
Alex.