Services Plugins FAQs

"Advanced Audio Player" problems

@dorel okay thanks for the update, can’t wait to check it out!

Hello @lorddegenx,

During my most recent testing, I encountered some unexpected behaviors. I have relayed these findings back to our development team for resolution. Rest assured, I will keep you informed about the progress of your request.

Best regard, :hibiscus:

Hi @dorel whats the update on bug fixes?

Hello @lorddegenx,

The developers are still actively looking into a working solution for the bugs. Hopefully they will find one soon :pray:

Best regards :sunflower:

Bro whats the update? I’ve been very patient but its now going on 3 months I’ve been sitting around waiting. Can we expedite this please

Hello @lorddegenx,

I apologize for the delays. Currently, our workload is unusually high, and during recent tests, we encountered a bug that has proven to be complex to resolve. However, our developers are actively seeking a solution.

We’re truly sorry for the inconvenience :pray:

Best regards :hibiscus:

May I ask what feature is causing the bug?

Hi @lorddegenx,

We’ve identified a bug related to changing the delay in the preview while a song is playing on the player. Adjusting the delay causes the player to stop and play the song from the beginning

Ok please keep me updated. I will be waiting

1 Like

Hi @lorddegenx,

I’m excited to announce the latest update for our plugin, version 1.50.0. This version introduces new functionalities, including shuffle and delay features.

Please take a moment to update the plugin and let us know your thoughts on these new additions!

Hi @lorddegenx,

Did you manage to update the plugin and test it out? I would love to hear your feedback :blush:

Hey @dorel sorry I didn’t get notified about your first message but I have just gotten to implement it. The playing a playlist through and delay work perfectly.

However, the looping a playlist I am still having trouble with. I have checked the box “restart audio when over” and it still does the same issue as before where it’ll keep playing the same mp3 over and over without waiting for the playlist to end and replaying it.

And also a weird bug if i go off of the page, like click other tabs the audio still plays, even when im not on the page with the player. Maybe you know how to stop this?

Hi @lorddegenx,

I apologize for the delayed response and any inconvenience caused :pray:

I realized I overlooked updating you about the Loop feature. The “repeat song when over” is functioning as a repeat a specific song. We didn’t add a separate Loop feature since this can be achieved through a workflow. Attached below is the setup I used: it involves an event that triggers only when the player has finished the last song from the playlist/database, and Loop is activated (“dt_audioplayer_test’s loop” is a custom state set to “yes” when the loop button is pressed). Please note, for this to work correctly, the “enable audio play” feature should be turned off.

Regarding your query about the plugin playing songs when switching tabs, could you provide more details? It’s expected behavior for an audio player to continue playback even when navigating to a different browser tab.

If there’s any confusion or further questions, feel free to reach out.

hi @dorel for the looping functionality, doing a search of the database this way after every files isn’t feasible for the type of product we’re building. These aren’t songs but individual 1-3 second mp3 clips and an Audioboard consists of 50-100 of these little clips. So having multiple users running operations like this isn’t sustainable having to search the database after every clip. That is one of the reasons that I chose your audioplayer because on the page it said you had a loop function already working. I hope you see my dilemma.

Hi @lorddegenx,

I’m sorry to hear that my suggestion wasn’t helpful.

I was unable to locate any reference suggesting that our plugin features a loop functionality. Nevertheless, I will discuss this with our development team to explore potential solutions. Rest assured, I will keep you informed and update you with any new information or decisions made by the team.

Hi @dorel thanks for getting back to me. Regarding the loop feature that was in the first message in the thread where we discussed it. Where it says "Replay audio when song is over or when playlist is ended (Loop). This is still in the plugin and clearly refers to replaying 1 song or the whole playlist and then it says (Loop). You yourself even agreed that the 1st feature is for “repeat” and the 2nd is for “loop” in your response.

This is really the only major issue I am facing though, as stated previously it wouldn’t be efficient to do a search of the database after every mp3 file because these are exteremely short 1-3 second clips and 1 audioboard can have over 100 of these clips; and that is just for one user.

So please let me know what we can do about this. I have faith that we’ll come to a resolution. Looking forward to your response!

Screenshot 2024-03-20 at 9.31.18 AM

Hi @lorddegenx,

I apologize for any confusion and oversight regarding the show documentation details.

I’ve already tasked our developers with looking into this matter, and I’ll update you with further information as soon as it’s available!

Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter :pray:

Hi @dorel thanks for understanding and prompt attention to this matter. And please do let the dev team know I am grateful for their hard work in implementing these essential features. It is very useful for the plugin and will attract more users who are looking for players to use for other use cases, besides playing music like myself. Looking forward to your update!

Hi @lorddegenx,

Your kind words have been shared with our developers. We greatly appreciate your support and feedback on our plugin :pray:

Wishing you a productive Friday ahead :sunflower:

Hi @dorel any update on this?