Services Plugins FAQs

Agora Streaming & Video Conference Plugin

@Ecaterina
Thank you.
Do you know Twitter Advanced API plugin very well?

@Ecaterina
Thanks to your advice, It is working.
But, I have some questions about this functionality.

1.When Iā€™m on a website, both the listening and speaking sides of the voice call work fine, but when Iā€™m away from the website, when Iā€™m on a background call, the listening side works, but the speaking side doesnā€™t. Is it technically possible to make a background call? If so, how can I get it to work?

2.A participant in a group call could mute all the other participants at once, but not mute them individually. Is this technically feasible? If so, how can I do it?

Hello, @hidetaka.ko
Thanks for the questions.

We have tested the speaking side of the plugin on the ā€œBackgroundā€ during the group call and all is working properly. There is no difference - on the page of the conference and another page. The quality of the audio depends on the possibilities of your internet connection, microphone, and others

As for this, the mentioned plugin allows you the next action, related to the Audio:

• Mute Self Audio - mute self audio for other connected peers.

• Resume Self Audio - resume self audio for other connected peers.

• Mute All Audio - mute all other connected peers audio for us.

• Resume All Audio - resume all other connected peersā€™ audio for us.

So, unfortunately, participants canā€™t mute someone individually.

Best regards,
Ecaterina.

We have tested the speaking side of the plugin on the ā€œBackgroundā€ during the group call and all is working properly. There is no difference - on the page of the conference and another page.

Yeasterday, We canā€™t.
Isnā€™t this due to a mistake in our implementation method? What we can do with the current implementation method is z

I was just trying to see if it was possible to make a call in the background while running another game app.

Question. Is it possible to mute everyone with logic? For example, a feature where only users with a certain status will not be muted when Mute All Audio is done.

@Ecaterina
Through the new experiment, I had two new facts happen.

I couldnā€™t hear the other personā€™s voice when both my browser and theirs were Safari. The other person had no problem hearing or speaking either. I changed my browser to Chrome and reentered the room and it worked.

If one of the users was making a background call, it was fine. However, if both users made background calls, they were both inaudible.

This is not a sound quality problem. This is not a sound quality problem, because the red icon at the top of the screen that indicates that you are talking has disappeared.

@hidetaka.ko

Please note that the connecting of the Agora plugin within your application is a standard (it would not be working otherwise, as the steps taken are required).

Probably, the sounds of the game, which was opened together with your application with group conference just blocked out the lower sounds. Unfortunately, this does not depend on the plugin.

In case you are willing to create a game streaming, you should set up both applications correctly and use professional equipment for it.
Please note that you can use the streaming component of the plugin:
https://docs.zeroqode.com/plugins/agora-api-connector-plugin/agora-streaming-component#demo-to-preview-the-settings

Yes, it is possible. For example, you can use specific conditions for the button ā€œMuteā€ in your application, like " this button is visible only for admin".

Allow me to recommend you analyze the official Agoraā€™s documentation because we cannot influence on these features:
https://docs.agora.io/en/Video/product_video?platform=Android

Sorry for this inconvenience.
Best regards,

What do you mean ā€œstandardā€?? How can I check?
I think I am using standard one.

In case you are willing to create a game streaming, you should set up both applications correctly and use professional equipment for it.

Thank you. I will not create a game streaming in the short term.

Allow me to recommend you analyze the official Agoraā€™s documentation because we cannot influence on these features:
https://docs.agora.io/en/Video/product_video?platform=Android

Agoraā€™s specifications should be fine.
If the red icon disappears when you make a backend call, it means that the voice call is not working.

Isnā€™t this a problem with the implementation layer, not the Agora layer?
Or is it a specification of Plugin?

Are you aware that there is nothing that can be done in Bubbleā€™s implementation logic for background calls?

If I create a new plugin, will it allow me to do this?

@Ecaterina
For a service like Discord, where users use our calling service to play games, which codec would you recommend to use? Screen Shot 2021-05-22 at 20.28.08

@Ecaterina
I would like to share a problem that I am experiencing using this Plugin. As for the baggound call issue, I hope you can check it out as it can be reproduced in the demo.

If two users are on a call and one of them makes a background call, the voice of the user who made the background call is not heard by the other.

Is there really a problem with bagged background calls with this Plugin? Is this a problem with the implementation logic? If it is a problem in the logic of the implementation, how can I solve it?

Also, isnā€™t this a problem with the Plugin itself? I donā€™t think itā€™s a problem with Agora, because an entrepreneur friend of mine used to build a web app in PHP, and when he linked it with Agoraā€™s API, the background call worked fine.

Iā€™m not sure if this is a problem with Agora or not.

Itā€™s a matter of life and death for our project whether the background call works fine or not. We are looking forward to your answer.

https://zeroqode.com/plugin/agora-streaming--video-conferencing-1569252528377x662238049686155900

Also, can you tell me what type and version of AgoraSDK you are using in this plugin?

We have done the same verification with the following sample that comes with AgoraSDK, and we have not experienced any audio not being delivered.
https://docs.agora.io/en/Video/downloads?platform=Web

It seems that there is no problem on the SDK side.
Iā€™m not sure if there is any processing on the plugin side.

Hello, @hidetaka.ko
Sorry for my late reply, we were on the weekends.

Yes, you are using the quite standard way of setting up the plugin.

In order to provide you a detailed response and some advice, can you please describe that do you mean by ā€œBackground callsā€? Please give me a description of the logic for the Background call and your exact actions.

Iā€™m afraid that we canā€™t provide you a response for this point because we donā€™t know how you will create your plugin. Unfortunately, but consultation regarding the self-created products is not the responsibility of our Support Team.

As I mentioned earlier, we donā€™t use the Agora SDK in our plugin. Unfortunately, we canā€™t advise you on it.

Please let us know more about the background calls.
Best regards

@Ecaterina
Thanks for replying.
Background calling refers to the following

Not making a call while a web browser is open on the main screen. It refers to making a call while opening a new browser or launching a game or other application such as Facebook or Twitter on the main screen. I was able to reproduce this when I made a call between iPhones11 and 12.

What does this plugin use in Agora to use Agora? Shouldnā€™t it be using something like the SDK or API?

@hidetaka.ko
Thanks for the details.

Please note that our Agora Streaming & Video Conferencing plugin allows to integrate of the Agora RTC component. So, our plugin uses exactly this, not the SDK component.

As for this, we tested this plugin on the group call with the next flow:

• A few persons start a conference call;
  • During the call, we opened another web-browsers, so the conference room remained on the inactive tab while the callers browsed through other tabs and sites.

Allow me to note that we have not faced some issues with audio during this. Unfortunately, we canā€™t reproduce the issue.

However, some difficulties could be reproduced by other functions in your application. Iā€™m afraid that we canā€™t provide you an exact answer to this because all is working properly from our side.

Best regards,

@Ecaterina

Thanks for trying and replying.

• During the call, we opened another web-browsers, so the conference room remained on the inactive tab while the callers browsed through other tabs and sites.

Iā€™m sorry for inconvince for my bad explainaton.
Instead of exploring other web browsers, could you please spend a few minutes on the phone while opening other social networking apps or smartphone games that are downloaded to your smartphone? (Calling while opening other smartphone apps instead of the web browser is called bagged-ground calling.