Services Plugins FAQs

Agora Streaming & Video Conference Plugin

@Ecaterina

Please note that our Agora Streaming & Video Conferencing plugin allows to integrate of the Agora RTC component. So, our plugin uses exactly this, not the SDK component.

I was assured by an agora representative that the Agora RTC component is not part of the Agora product lineup.

What is the Agora RTC component? Is there a detailed documentation?

Is the Agora RTC component named by the plugin, based on the AgoraSDK?

Hello, @hidetaka.ko
Thanks for the details.

Please allow me to note that we have tested this use case ( one user was on call from the laptop and another user from the mobile device. The user, who held a call from a mobile device navigated through the various applications (Facebook and PhotoEditor), however, all it worked properly.
In case if microphone on the phone was configured not properly, we quality of the call was worse.

So, as was defined, the quality of the group calls from different devices depends on many factors (internet, browsers, microphone), but not on the plugin (it works correctly).

For mobile device compatibility please check Agora FAQ: https://docs.agora.io/en/Interactive%20Broadcast/faq/web_on_mobile

Unfortunately, we canā€™t influence it, because the plugin works properly and we are using possibilities, which were provided by Agora to us.

Sure thing, please allow me to share repeatedly documentation of our plugin:
https://docs.zeroqode.com/plugins/agora-api-connector-plugin

Agora provides the Agora RTC (Real-time Communication) SDK for enabling real-time audio and video communications. By integrating the Agora RTC SDK, developers can add voice calls, video calls, audio broadcast, and video broadcast functions in their projects.

Also, please analyze this official documentation from the Agora:
https://docs.agora.io/en/Agora%20Platform/term_agora_rtc_sdk?platform=Android

Best regards,

@Ecaterina

Thank you for explaining that!
Thatā€™s very odd.
Maybe there is a problem with your browser or iOS version. Can you tell me what browser or iOS version you guys have tried?

We tried with Safari on our iPhone 11 and 12.
If you havenā€™t tried it on your iPhone and Safari, could you please give it a try?

I have a question on a completely different subject.

In a group call page like zq_test_agora, when ā€œPage is loadedā€, the behavior of ā€œJoin Room AgoraConnector Aā€ runs fine on PC, but stops working on mobile.

If I explicitly run ā€œJoin Room AgoraConnector Aā€ using the ā€œStart buttonā€ instead of ā€œPage is loaded,ā€ it seems to work fine on both PC and mobile. So, I have a hypothesis that there may be a problem with the ā€œPage is loadedā€ part. Both devices are reading the same page.
https://magnele.com/version-test/zq_test_agora/1621770434904x654010025863282700

Do you know of any solutions for this?

Addendum
I think the problem is on the code logic side, because the problem on Agora and plugin side has been solved.
From the left, the PC screen, the mobile screen, and the workflow of the page in question at the time the page is opened.

Isnā€™t there a bug that Page is loaded doesnā€™t work until the button is pressed when viewing the call feature page on iOS?

@Ecaterina
Is there any action available in this plugin that not only makes your voice inaudible to the other person, but also makes the other personā€™s voice inaudible to you?

For example, in services like Discord, there are two types of mutes. The first is a normal mute, which means that the other person cannot hear you, and the second is a speaker mute, which means that the other person cannot hear you. The second is speaker mute, which makes the other personā€™s voice inaudible to you, and your voice inaudible to them.

The following 10 actions are available in this plug-in, but none of them function like speaker mute, right?

The goal is to make it so that when the ā€œmute for discussionā€ button is pressed, all users with the status ā€œaliveā€ can speak and be heard, but users with the status ā€œdeadā€ can hear what the other person is saying, but cannot deliver their own speech. I would like to implement a feature that would allow users with the status ā€œdeadā€ to listen to the other user, but not be able to deliver their own speech. I would also like to implement a feature that when the ā€œmuteā€ button for a task is pressed, all users with the status of ā€œaliveā€ will not be able to speak or listen, but users with the status of ā€œdeadā€ will be able to listen to others and deliver their own speech. I would like to implement this.

Can this be implemented with this plugin?
Or do I need to create it myself?

@Ecaterina

In AgoraSDK, there should be an API to set the volume of the other personā€™s voice to 0. Is this feature not available in this plugin?
If not, Iā€™m eager to add it.

Here is the documentation page.
https://docs.agora.io/en/Video/API%20Reference/web_ng/interfaces/iremoteaudiotrack.html#setvolume

I would like to implement a button called ā€œMute On Taskā€ so that when the button is pressed, Mute All Audio runs and only users with the user status of ā€œaliveā€ are muted, and users with the status of ā€œdeadā€ are not muted.

I think this can be achieved by specifying the only when in the workflow. However, when I put the data in the only when as a list, I get an error.

How can I make this happen?

I would like to turn the web service I am creating in Bubble into an application easily using plugins and such. I think Zeroqode has also made a plugin to make it into an app.

You also created BDK Native, codeless academy, and Nativizer.

Are there any recommended plugins that can be used together with Agoraā€™s plugins? For example, the following plugins do not seem to be compatible with Agora.

@Ecaterina
I would like to turn off the video screen by default during a group call.

However, when Page is loaded, even if I run Mute All Video and Mute Self Video, the video screen is not turned off by default.

I can turn off the video screen by pressing the Start button where Mute All Video and Mute Self Video run.

What is the best way to achieve this goal?

@Ecaterina

If the third person Iā€™m making a call with comes in, the third personā€™s voice wonā€™t be heard, so does that mean I need to add 10 more shape video elements to make a call with 10 people? How can I make the number dynamic?

@Ecaterina
Is it possible to use Leave Room to let other participants leave a group call?
https://docs.zeroqode.com/plugins/agora-api-connector-plugin

Hello, @hidetaka.ko
Iā€™m sorry for my late reply to all your answers.

Please find below my feedback on each of your requests:

• Upon investigating this case, I was unable to reproduce the behavior you described. Unfortunately, we canā€™t reproduce the issue on our side whatever device weā€™re testing it with.
  • This button was placed in your application by us to demonstrating the correct workflow and work of the plugin. By default, the page ā€œPage is loadedā€ is not designed to start a conference with the Agora immediately, without any additional steps from your side.
  • There is no bug on the page. The conference call should be started then the button ā€œStartā€ is clicked. This is the idea and the example, how the plugin should work. In case you are willing to use this plugin, please use our example))))
  • Iā€™m afraid that is not possible with this plugin. Allow me to mention that some of the features could be created in Bubble, however, you should gain very solid bubble skills.
  • Iā€™m sorry, but we canā€™t advise you on this matter. As was mentioned, we donā€™t use the Agora SDK, but Agora RTC. You for sure can try to add this feature to your application, but we canā€™t lead you to achieve a positive result.
  • Unfortunately, Agora Streaming & Video Conferencing plugin is not intended to be converted into a native application. That is, we do not guarantee that it will work on a mobile app.

You can make it through the workflow of the application, using the Mute All Audio action:

Unfortunately, only the user itself can leave the call. You canā€™t banish him by yourself.

Best regards,

@Ecaterina

• Upon investigating this case, I was unable to reproduce the behavior you described. Unfortunately, we canā€™t reproduce the issue on our side whatever device weā€™re testing it with.

Thank you for trying so much. And Iā€™m sorry for the trouble. My wifi environment and devices are very good, so the result is very strange, but I understand.

• Iā€™m afraid that is not possible with this plugin. Allow me to mention that some of the features could be created in Bubble, however, you should gain very solid bubble skills.

Iā€™m familiar with Bubbleā€™s skills.
So, if you use Bubbleā€™s skills, you can achieve your goal.

Specifically, Iā€™m aware of Bubbleā€™s workflow feature that allows you to use the only When conditional branch in Mute All Audio.

Iā€™m trying to conditional split user data with list data by separating user status as shown here, but I get an error. Normally, you should be able to conditionally split users in list data as well. So, this must be due to the specification of this plugin.

If this is the form of this plugin, how should I conditionally branch?

I donā€™t want to ask you a question about the Agora SDK. I wanted to ask you if this plugin would have the ability to turn the volume down to 0 for a specific user, or disable the ability to hear other usersā€™ call audio. How about it?

You can make it through the workflow of the application, using the Mute All Audio action:

I know that I can turn off other usersā€™ videos by using Mute All Video.

However, as I explained at the beginning, I donā€™t want to press a button to use this feature. I donā€™t want to have the video feature in my group call feature. In other words, the goal is to have video turned off from the start.

So, I have Mute All Audio working when Page is loaded, but the video feature is not turned off automatically. How can I achieve this?

If the third person Iā€™m making a call with comes in, the third personā€™s voice wonā€™t be heard, so does that mean I need to add 10 more shape video elements to make a call with 10 people? How can I make the number dynamic?

The plugin here does that, so it should be possible. But I canā€™t, even though the logic is supposed to be implemented in the same way.

@Ecaterina
Is it possible to add missing functions based on this plugin through the API Connector?

As I mentioned earlier, we donā€™t use the Agora SDK in our plugin. Unfortunately, we canā€™t advise you on it.

I checked with an Agora representative, and he said that AgoraRTC SDK and Agora SDK refer to the same thing.

Hello, @hidetaka.ko

Indeed, you can assign a status to each of the users and use some conditions, as you have mentioned.

In case you have an error, the some of settings are incorrect or you have missed something.

Please note that our support team provides support only by answering general questions. So, we canā€™t provide you exact solution during your customization works.

Iā€™m sorry, but it is impossible. You canā€™t hear the user only if his microphone is turned off. Also, you canā€™t disable the ability to hear other users.

As we can see, you set a state ā€œimagesā€. However, please try only to ā€œMute All Video AgoraConnector Aā€ after your action ā€œJoin Room AgoraConnector Aā€. Please try it without the next steps in your workflow.

No, you donā€™t need to add many shapes in order to add the possibility to different users enter your call. The only thing - is to use a big shape for this purpose. The shape is automatically divided into small pieces depending on the number of users.

Please allow me to add some details on this matter. Maybe it will help you in your future settings for the application.

Agora SDK is the general platform, which includes different sub-platforms and functions (each of them created different calls). The option that is used by our plugin (created by Zeroqode) is the Agora Web SDK API Reference.

To read about functional, which is applied in our plugin - please read this documentation: Agora Web SDK API Reference - Video Call - Agora Documentation

The options which are included in this documentation are already applied in our plugin. All of them are used for Web applications.

In case you are willing to create the application for mobile devices, you should use another documentation:

So, in case you are willing to check some features from Our Plugin, you should read only this: Agora Web SDK API Reference - Video Call - Agora Documentation

Hope now all is clear and this information will help you.
Regards,

@Ecaterina

Thanks for the advice!
I tried to follow your advice, but it seems to be tough. Do I need to create a completely new voice room to try?

@Ecaterina
Is there any way to make ā€œLeave Room AgoraConnector Aā€ work not only when the user explicitly does ā€œLeave Room AgoraConnector Aā€, but also when the user turns off the power or closes the screen?