Services Plugins FAQs

Air calendar recurring events

Hi, is there some documentation on how to create recurring events with Air Calendar please?

Thanks in advance

Hello @lisaalger

Thanks for reaching out.

Unfortunately, the Air Calendar plugin doesn’t provide this feature, I will discuss with my team the possibility of adding this feature to the future plugin update. However, I suppose it can be done with API workflows.

Try researching backend workflows (API Workflows). These will be vital for scheduling events to happen like that. Basically, very simply put, backend workflows are workflows that run on the server, not in the browser. So the backend workflows can run even when there is no user on your site to trigger the workflow at that time. You can schedule a backend workflow to happen at a certain time, then trigger itself to run again next week.

Here are a couple of useful links which might help you:

https://manual.bubble.io/using-the-bubble-api/how-to-use-the-api#setting-up-api-workflows
Scheduled Workflows - Bubble Docs Schedule API on a List | Bubble.io Tutorial - YouTube
Recurring Event - Bubble Docs

Also, Bubble Forum threads about recurring events:

Recurring Dates or Recurring Events in Bubble - Database - Bubble Forum
Recurring event in calendar plugin - Need help - Bubble Forum

Hope it helps. In case any other questions will appear, please let me know, I will be glad to help. :pray:t2:

Best,
Gulce

1 Like

Hi, since the functionality now exist, is there available documentation for recurring events?

Hello @istavenschi,

Thank you for reaching out to us. :hugs:

It’s great to see your interest in the latest feature for scheduling and managing recurring events. I’ll present you a brief overview on how it works:

• Recurring Events: This option allows you to mark events that happen repeatedly.
  • Days of the Week: Here, you can specify on which days of the week the recurring event occurs. These selections are based on values retrieved from the database.
  • Event Duration: For recurring events, the start and end times denote the interval across which the events recur. Additionally, a separate time field indicates the duration of each event within the day.

These images below illustrates the setup process for creating recurring events.

The subsequent image provides a glimpse into how a calendar would appear with a recurring event scheduled.

Furthermore, we’ve introduced a new state, “date recurring event,” to assist you in fetching the date of a specific recurring event. Also, a new event trigger, “recurring event is clicked,” has been added, activating only upon interaction with a recurring event.

Hope this information will prove helpful to you, please let us know if you have any further questions or need some assistance.

Thank you once again and wish you a great weekend ahead! :pray:

Best regards,
Stefan

@Stephan thank you very much.

1 Like