Services Plugins FAQs

Audio Recorder error ❌

Dear @lweili, thanks for your patience.

Unfortunately, we can’t influence this moment, as it is related to the restrictions from the browser side related to the library used within our plugin.

See the links for reference:

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Hey Serg, sharing some results and open questions here from using this over the past few months:

I noticed today that there was this error on the console as I started recording, was wondering if you knew what that was?

The 2nd question I had was, I noticed that the console shows that recordings are first recorded in WAV before getting converted into the final generated audio format, in my case, its MP3.

The final MP3 recording works as expected but while a recording is being encoded, compressed and then uploaded, it causes the browser to lag significantly, esp with recordings above 1 min (10mb+ WAV).

I tried it on your demo page as well and it’s the same: https://zeroqode-demo-04.bubbleapps.io/audio_recorder

One thing I was quite happy about was that the final MP3s were encoded with the right Codec acroos all devices and browsers (MPEG Audio layer 1/2 (mpga)), a few months ago it wasnt the case! Im super happy about that! Thanks for fixing it. Was it due to the initial recording being encoded in WAV (supported by all devices) before converted into MP3?

With Regards,
Wei Li

Console Log below:

RecordRTC version: 5.6.2
RecordRTC.js:63 started recording audio stream.
RecordRTC.js:1057 Using recorderType: StereoAudioRecorder
RecordRTC.js:2572 StereoAudioRecorder is set to record number of channels: 2
RecordRTC.js:2951 [Deprecation] The ScriptProcessorNode is deprecated. Use AudioWorkletNode instead. (Enter Audio Worklet  |  Web  |  Google Developers)

StereoAudioRecorder @ RecordRTC.js:2951
initRecorder @ RecordRTC.js:97
startRecording @ RecordRTC.js:78
onRecordStartBtnClick @ PLUGIN_Audio-Recorder-update–Audio-Recorder-.js:36
eval @ PLUGIN_Audio-Recorder-update–Audio-Recorder-.js:326
dispatch @ x14:3
q.handle @ x14:3

RecordRTC.js:713 Recorder state changed: recording
RecordRTC.js:103 Initialized recorderType: StereoAudioRecorder for output-type: audio
RecordRTC.js:129 Stopped recording audio stream.
RecordRTC.js:713 Recorder state changed: stopped
RecordRTC.js:170 audio/wav → 21.5 MB

Hi @lweili, apologies for the delayed reply from our side :pray:.

Allow us to check the provided information with the developer team and come back with a reply asap.
Thank you for understanding.
Regards,

Hi @lweili, thanks for your patience.

The library that is used within the plugin, supports only 3 file types, so for the rest of them a conversion process is required, and that’s the cause of the lag. Unfortunately, we can’t avoid the conversion process, if a certain final file type is required.
Here are the directly supported file formats:

• audio/webm
  • audio/wav
  • audio/ogg – ONLY Firefox

The deprecation warning relates directly to the used library, so the library modification should be done by the library author.

Waiting for feedback from developer team, will provide it in a short time.

Hope it helps. Have a nice day!
Regards,

Hi @lweili, yes, your supposition is right.
Please let us know if we can help with anything else.
Have a nice week :wink:
Regards,

1 Like

Much appreciated @Serg, knowing this definitely helps with debugging and building a UX around what its capabilities and its shortcomings.

Do you mind sharing what library you are using so that I can refer to their docs/community?

Hi @lweili,

The used library is RecordRTC: GitHub - muaz-khan/RecordRTC: RecordRTC is WebRTC JavaScript library for audio/video as well as screen

Have a nice day!
Regards,

1 Like

Hi @munxch, sorry for the no reply from my side.
We had a short technical issue with our forum and some of the messages have been deleted.

In case you still encounter any issues with the Audio Recorder plugin, please share the details again, here, or on a DM message.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,

No problem @Serg, thanks for reaching back out.

I actually solved the issue. I didn’t realize that a workflow IS NOT required if you’re tapping the Audio Recorder element.

Using the “start/stop” action from a workflow is only needed if you’re using a different element to trigger the recorder (ie. press a custom button etc.)

I had the audio recorder inside a group that I was using to trigger the workflow. Both the group and the recorder element were triggering the recorder at the same time, which was causing an error.

1 Like

Hi @munxch, thanks for letting me know that the issue is solved :slightly_smiling_face:
In case any further plugin-related support would be required, drop a message here, and we will be glad to help :wink:

Have a nice day!

Regards,

:red_square: The recorder stopped to work from 2 days ago. When it come to SAVE it got this error @Serg , some kind of Bubble and CloudFront error? I tried on different machine, same.
ZeroQode demo also: https://zeroqode-demo-04.bubbleapps.io/audio_recorder :red_square:

@levon Need Help on That. Thanks. Good time to say hello :sweat_smile:

Hi @johnmark, thanks for your message.

I’ve tested the plugin demo page on my side and it works properly: Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software

Would it be convenient to share a screencast (I suggest using the Loom tool) with the use case you are trying to implement and received error (as well as opened browser console).
It will allow us to identify any issue much faster.

Looking forward to your reply,

Regards,

1 Like

Hi @Serg

I’m going to record it. Right now, this is what I got from your demo page:

same error. But if it works on your side, I don’t get it :sweat_smile:
The Stop Recording is flashing on off, looping in something.

In my case, the browser indicate the error and refresh the page. I received an email Bubble error with some new invalid request:

Bubble error:
The plugin Audio Recorder / action Start / Stop a Audio Recorder threw the following error: > onRecordStopBtnClick@

@
dispatch@https://dhtiece9044ep.cloudfront.net/package/run_debug_js/ecf6abe23c73334676a82a7ed4d2d8435699cc3b581529bd42116552d055e3d6/xfalse/x17/run_debug.js:3:10320 (please report this to the plugin author), code: plugin evaluation error

some Permission Denied (on your website recorder plugin)

same Permission Denied (my site)

Definitely Error Access (my site)

failed to load RESSOURCE:
https://dd7tel2830j4w.cloudfront.net/f1532375307058x520443075336515900/ifvisible.js.map
https://unpkg.com/peerjs.min.js.map

Tell me @Serg if you still need a video.

I also try to remove CloudFlare from Bubble… it will take 24 hours…

Hi @johnmark, thanks for the provided details.

Issue encountered on your side might be related to missing access from plugin to microphone.

Please check if on starting recording, within your browser you’ve granted access to your device microphone, for example on Chrome it looks like this:

For testing purposes, you can try it in a tab in incognito mode.

So far, no.

Hope the provided hint will help. Please let me know if the issue persists or any other support is required.

Regards,

1 Like

Hi @Serg

Investigation in progress… I will create a separate page for you to test.
After reboot, microphone was working on Safari, Firefox and Chrome. The problem still CloudFire access denied.

Hello Serg @Serg

The problem persist and I think it is the unpk library in our region (usa/canada). Possible to look to fix it? I tried another user last week, it was working. Today, not working… None of my test phones are working. :pray:

From your site demo I got this error too and can’t hear the audio.

Hi @johnmark, thanks for your message.

I’ve passed it to the developer team, so they will check the possible reasons. Once any feedback will become available, I will let you know asap.

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

1 Like

Hi @Serg ,

Finally the “link” is working this morning, and the recorder is working on your side too. :tada:

I don’t know where your development team is on this.
The best is to have a backup plan. Let see. :pray:

Hi, @johnmark!

We have just updated the plugin with the fix. Version: 1.39.0 should have fixed the mentioned issue in your app and on the demo page.

Glad it helped. Cheers! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi @johnmark, thanks for your reply.

Still, I’m a bit confused by it, as it is not clear if the last plugin update helped to solve the reported issue (unpk library failure).

Please share a bit more details (screencast for example), so it will be easier for us to analyze it.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,

1 Like