Services Plugins FAQs

↔ Auto Adjust Width for RG cells - New Plugin from Zeroqode

This plugin allows you to automatically adjust a repeating cell so that your repeating group looks stylish and nice. Simply set a plugin element on the page, set the RG Id into it and here you go.

RG_GIF

Live demo: https://zeroqode-demo-22.bubbleapps.io/version-test/rgcells-autoadjust?debug_mode=true

DEMO & DOCUMENTATION

Anastasija Volozaninova
Executive Assistant @ Zeroqode
#1 Bubble Publisher and Developer

logo-icon-S-circle

100+ Bubble Templates
25+ Bubble Courses
250+ Bubble Plugins
20+ Bubble Building Blocks
Convert Web to iOS & Android
No-code Development Services
Zero Code Conference Replay - watch all the no-code industry leaders share their expertise and insights on building and scaling startups without code

Hello,

I got one problem with this plugin. When I try to use it with text which are aligned to the right side it still adjusting it to te left, as on attached screen. I would like to have chat like on messenger so mymessage should start from right side and my friend message should start from the left. image

Hi @kamil.tarczynski, thanks for reaching out.
Kindly note that this plugin is developed namely for auto adjustment of width for RG cells and doesn’t have functionality for aligning chat messages to a certain side of the chat window. Sorry for the inconvenience.

For your case, allow me to recommend our other plugin that can realize the required feature (Reverse Repeating Group):

Also, just in case that would be interesting for you, we have a course where this feature is also described (lesson #7): https://lab.zeroqode.com/course/swiping-app-like-tinder-course-1492179580017x188770405948162100

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Thanks for you reply!

It will work also with autoadjust, something like mix those two plugins?

Hi @kamil.tarczynski, sorry for the delayed reply (due to weekend time).

Yes, you can use these plugins in combination, to achieve the required result.
Kindly note that a corresponding level of Bubble skills is required to make a workable setup/design.
To ease up this process, please see the design/workflow examples from the plugins Live demo pages.

Thank you and have a nice weekend ahead!

Regards,

Hello @Serg. I have an issue with this plugin. It produces a gap when loaded. Sometimes the gap closes/resolves itself after a few seconds. Sometimes, it doesn’t. Before I upgrade to purchase, I wanted to see if the issue can be fixed. Can you assist with resolution?

Error.SpaceGap.AdjuRptGrpPlugin

Thanks

BLearner

Hi @BubbleLearner, thanks for your message.
Allow us to check internally and come back with a feedback by the beginning of the next week.

Thank you for understanding.
Regards,

Hello Serg,

Any follow-up? I was expecting to hear back with the feedback. I’d really like to have these gaps removed. It makes the App appear less than professional.

Thanks

Hi @BubbleLearner, please accept my apologies for the delayed answer.
Our developer team tried to reproduce your issue in our environment but didn’t succeed yet.

Would it be convenient for you to add our support@zeroqode.com as a collaborator of your app? That will allow us to test your setup in our workspace.

Enter your Bubble editor page -> Settings -> “Collaboration” tab -> Invite a user (email).

(Note: disregard the warning message regarding the plan, as we are an agency and you can easily add us to your collaborators.)

I will check your setup and do a few tests in an attempt to find the root cause and help you fix it.
In case it is ok for you, please let me know.

Regards,

Hello @Serg Thank you for your reply follow up. I’ve decided to go another route, as it pertains to the design, instead. This route will not require use of the plugin or need to resolves any related issues.

Thank you

Hi @BubbleLearner, thanks for letting us know about the change within your project.

In case any questions related to our products (plugins, templates) will appear, please let me know, I will be glad to help :wink:

Have a nice week ahead!
Regards,

I’ve been looking into purchasing this plugin, but the gap is definitely a problem.

It’s even there in the demo app on the Zeroquode website.

It appears that the problem is due to the fact the parent element(s) that wrap around the repeating group maintain their original height, and therefore push the bottom element down.

You can see this super clearly if you compare the plugin in action vs disabled (just disable it by changing the #intagramTags1 id in your browser inspector to something else)

Here’s another view with a smaller window to enhance the effect

Hi @SJL, thanks for your message.
Just to be sure that I’ve understood you right. Does your concern relate to the excessive distance between rows?
We will check this moment internally with the developer team if we can influence it through the plugin.

In case I’ve understood you wrong, please let me know.
Regards,

Hi @Serg

Yes, the same issue @BubbleLearner highlighted earlier.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @SJL, it has been a while since my last message.

We have pushed a plugin update, that has fixed the issue related to excessive space below the RG .

To see changes, please check the Live Demo page, or if you already purchased the plugin, upgrade it plugin to the latest version (Version 1.12.0 “fixed problem with height RG”) and give it a try.

In case there will be anything else that I can help with about our products, just let me know :wink:

Regards,

Thanks @Serg,

Definitely working better now, but it seems to break down if the repeating group is hidden on page load, then made visible, whereupon it reverts to the previous behaviour of having the large space underneath

Hi @SJL, thanks for your message.
Following your comment, we’ve checked on our side and the plugin is working properly.
For a better analysis, please share some screenshots or a screencast with a setup that shows the issue mentioned above.

Looking forward to your reply.
Regards,

Hi @Serg

Please refer these examples.

Test 1 is visible on page load, and works perfectly (as designed :grin:)
Test 2 is hidden on page load, and when made visible, does not work
Test 3 is within a nested repeating group, and only works on the first instance.

I believe the problem is pretty simple.

In Test 2, the repeating group is hidden on page load, therefore when your javascript runs (on page load) it cannot find the RG element it is supposed to apply the resizing to, and errors out.

In Test 3, because the element ID is repeated in each cell of the top level RG, it only applies to the 1st cell, and the remaining cells are ignored. This could be fixed by allowing dynamic data in the Repeating Group ID parameter in the plugin (the same way you can when giving the element an ID, allowing the user to increment the IDs via something like the cell ID (e.g. ID = myID + Current Cell’s Index)

I hope that helps

1 Like

Hi @SJL, thank you very much for such a detailed description :slightly_smiling_face:.

I’ve passed it to the developer team for consideration.
Once any news will become available, I will let you know asap.

Regards,

Dear @SJL, in addition to provided link, would it be convenient for you to add our support@zeroqode.com as a collaborator of your app?
That will allow us to check the issue both from the preview and editor sides.

Enter your Bubble editor page → Settings → “Collaboration” tab → Invite a user (email).
(Note: disregard the warning message regarding the plan, as we are an agency and you can easily add us to your collaborators.)

It will allow us to test and find the root cause much faster.
In case it is ok for you, please let me know.

Regards,