Here is the corrected one, please update and retry

{
    "Version": "2012-10-17",
    "Id": "http referer policy example",
    "Statement": [{
        "Sid": "",
        "Effect": "Allow",
        "Principal": {
            "AWS": "arn:aws:iam::825736442345:role/Cognito_HypnostreamUnauth_Role"
        },
        "Action": "s3:*",
        "Resource": "arn:aws:s3:::hypnostreamuk/*"
    }, {
        "Sid": "",
        "Effect": "Allow",
        "Principal": {
            "AWS": "*"
        },
        "Action": "s3:GetObject",
        "Resource": "arn:aws:s3:::hypnostreamuk/*"
    }]
}
2 Likes

Thank you, its working now.

Who can I speak to about improving the security of the AWS setup? Want to make sure the files are confidential and therefore not publicly available - happy to pay (I’m not sure how much work will be required).

Greg, just describe here what you require and we’ll see if it’s possible

Sure.

At the moment it looks like all files are public. I want to be able to make it so only my application can view, edit and delete any files in my bucket.

Thanks

1 Like

we’ll investigate this but can’t promise fast turnaround

meanwhile, if you want to update the permissions so that upload and modifications are allowed only from your app you can use this CORS configuration (change the allowed origin to the URL of your app starting with https)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<CORSConfiguration xmlns="http://s3.amazonaws.com/doc/2006-03-01/">
<CORSRule>
    <AllowedOrigin>https://zeroqode-demo-02.bubbleapps.io</AllowedOrigin>
    <AllowedMethod>GET</AllowedMethod>
    <MaxAgeSeconds>3000</MaxAgeSeconds>
    <AllowedHeader>*</AllowedHeader>
</CORSRule>
<CORSRule>
    <AllowedOrigin>https://zeroqode-demo-02.bubbleapps.io</AllowedOrigin>
    <AllowedMethod>PUT</AllowedMethod>
    <AllowedMethod>POST</AllowedMethod>
    <AllowedMethod>DELETE</AllowedMethod>
    <MaxAgeSeconds>3000</MaxAgeSeconds>
    <AllowedHeader>*</AllowedHeader>
</CORSRule>
</CORSConfiguration>

Thanks Levon, changed and it still works - thanks so much for your help on this

1 Like

Is there any way that this plugin could be used to allow users to connect to their own AWS?

hey Shaun,
yes, that’s exactly what it’s created for :slight_smile:
Check out the plugin docs and demos to see how it works
Thanks!

Hi Levon,

Thanks for the reply! If it can do this then it’s exactly what I am looking for.

I did read the documentation here: https://docs.zeroqode.com/plugins/aws-file-uploader-plugin and I did look into the app settings in the demo.

Maybe I worded my question wrong… when I said allow users I meant giving users of my app the ability to connect to their own AWS account. So each user would be connected to their own AWS.

If I’m missing that in the docs then apologies… lack of sleep is catching up with me lol

1 Like

oh, i understand now, unfortunately we don’t support that yet and to be honest not sure if that’s technically possible at all.
Sorry for the misunderstanding

That’s a shame… never mind!

Technically possible with Bubble or just in general?

I have a software (it’s now shelfware) that actually has this feature… I’m happy to share the logins with you if you want to check it out.

not sure, but given the complexity even to connect to one AWS account even if it’s possible, it would take a lot of time and resources to build something like that. Also, it’s not something very demanded by other users I’m afraid Shaun

Forgive my stupidity. I don’t understand the thumbnail generation – how do I access that URL?

Can I show a repeating group of thumbnails for faster loading? and if so, how do I go about it?

Hello @jeffmccutcheon,

Thumbnail generation is a functionality of AWS File Uploader Element, if you will check the box “Create image thumbnail” the uploaded images will have a thumbnail as in the image below:

You can’t acces the URL of these thumbnails or use them somewhere else.
In order to find the settings of thumbnails please open the menu of the fileuploader.

Hope this clarifies your questions.

Best Regards,
Alex.

okay. But I don’t understand why I would want to generate them if I can’t access them? What is the purpose?

In this plugin the main purpose is to preview the uploaded images this will allow the users to be sure that they uploaded the right image. Also, with thumbnails, the uploader has a more user-friendly design.

Hi can you update the no gui uploader action to include all the same configurations as the main file uploader element. The no gui uploader even still has the 50mb limit, seems a bit pointless.

I like the features of controlling filetype.file size aspect ratio etc but the design is ugly to me and doesnt fit well with the rest of my app, i would rather design the preview myself.

It should be really easy for you to make this happen with what you already have.

It feels like this was meant to be intended for no gui uploader but you guys got lazy and didnt add all the configurations.

Hello @fghdgsfa,
Thank you for reaching out!

The no GUI functionality is designed for simple actions as upload and delete. We haven’t had the objective to add all functionalities to no GUI action. Unfortunately, the implementation of all functionalities from the uploader element to the no-gui action is not an easily doable task. It is not related to someone laziness we as any other company have objectives and priorities. Currently adding all functionalities to the no GUI action will not be implemented due to low priority and high amount of required effort.
I hope for your understanding!

Regarding the limitation of 50 mb our team will check for possible solutions.

Best Regards,
Alex

1 Like

Hello @fghdgsfa,

The AWS File Uploader plugin was updated. Now it is possible to use FileNoGui Element for uploading files with 50+ MB size. Please update the plugin to the latest version to access the added feature.

Best Regards,
Alex

1 Like