Services Plugins FAQs

☁️ AWS File Uploader - New Plugin from Zeroqode

Thanks for trying to help. @alexandru

What I’m trying to achieve here is to delete a specific file based on the URL stored in a table.
Why I’m trying to do this is because I need the files to be assigned to specific projects and potentially have other “tags” on them relating them to different things, and to delete specific files depending on which one the user wants to delete from the RG.

I noticed with NoGUI I can pull it off by using just the filename as key, and not storing it in a folder. I presume it’s because it’s actually just the _uuid so it works as a key. So everything would be fine if I could use that, the problem I run into there is that I cannot store the original file name to show it as something presentable in a RG.

Passing the URL as key does not work with NoGUI nor File Uploader.
Is delete files only for NoGUI? Is using an URL not supposed to work?

Is there another way to do achieve what I want to do?

Hi @blezz,

Thanks for feedback. Let me explain a bit how the plugin actually works so it creates a broader picture.

Whether using the GUI or NoGUI uploader, you are able to upload/delete a file/delete all files based on their URLs with success.

Both GUI and NoGUI uploader elements are adding a unique id in front of the filename, because the AWS itself will override the file that already exists in your S3 bucket. So this is done in order for you to be able to upload as many files you want, regardless of their naming.

The GUI uploader has more features than NoGUI one, meaning it is much more customisable and lets you choose between the following upload paths:

• uuid/filename - in this case the uuid will be the name of your folder (which is the unique id)
  • uuid_filename - in this case your file will be uploaded to the main bucket folder
  • foldername/uuid_filename - in this case you are allowed to enter your own foldername

You are able to upload the files to your S3 and then display them into a RepeatingGroup just by using their file names (not the whole URL) so it is presentable. In this case just use the List of file names (Multiple files: enabled) or File Name states.

Hope it helps.

Best,
Alex

Thanks for clarifying @alexander !
I have most of it working with NoGUI now, decided to just skip folders and store the project referencing in the tables. There’s just one thing I’m wondering now, your colleague told me to delete the delete table action from the workflow and that solved all my delete file problems for some reason I don’t know yet. So that’s fun, but I don’t want to keep records in my database of files that have been deleted. Do you know any workaround for this?

Hi @blezz,

Thanks for feedback. Sorry, cannot provide exact solutions on this matter as it is beyond our support services, but the idea is that if you don’t want to keep the files in your database, you can simply use the Bubble’s native Delete thing action in some of your workflows, os it deletes the database record as well.

Hope it helps.

Best,
Alex

Yes it is very strange as if I add that action at the end of the workflow the file does not delete from the bucket. But if I remove the action it does, and this was the solution Ecaterina gave me.

2 Likes

Thanks @blezz for feedback.

If you do like the plugin so far, could you please rate it by going to Plugins tab? You can find the plugin by name and give it as many stars as it deserves. The more feedback we get, the more motivated we are to build great plugins!

Best,
Alex

Hey!

We have updated the AWS File Uploader plugin demo page :tada:
https://zeroqode-demo-02.bubbleapps.io/aws-uploader/1634649705835x250676827219203260?aws_switch=gui

Hope you like it. :slightly_smiling_face:
Regards,

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Very useful plugin. Do you have any plans to improve with options NoGUI uploader as well?
Missing but important features for me:

• Uploading multiple pictures at ones
  • Specifying the folder

I could use the GUI one but big thumbnails are irrelevant and take a lot of space. A simple list with controls would much more helpful in this case.

Thanks,
Sergiu

Hello, @puscas.sergiu
Thanks for reaching out.

Please allow us to discuss the ability to make such an improvement for the NoGui element in the future plugin updates. We need to see how feasible it will be. :pray:

Please note that you can just disable the “Thumbnail” option here:

As result, the uploaded image will appear in a next way:

In case you have any plugin-related questions - please be free to let me know about it. I will be glad to assist you.

Best regards,

Thanks for the reply @Ecaterina !

1 Like

Hello, @puscas.sergiu

You are always welcome!

Best regards,

Hello, @puscas.sergiu

By this message, I would like to notify you that we have improved the plugin (especially NoGui element) and now, you will be able to:

• Specify the folder in your AWS console;
  • Upload multiple files.

I hope that these improvements will be helpful for you :slightly_smiling_face: :tada: :tada:
Please upgrade the plugin to the latest version and give it a try.

Best regards,

1 Like

Thanks Levon, Very useful Plugin ! Quick recovery from any network issues

2 Likes

Hi - I just installed AWS Fileuploader and it works like a charm - thanks!

I do have a question about the S3 object’s Get all files from S3: IS it possible to get just the list of files that were uploaded within a period of time (say last 5 minutes)?

Our use case is that patients will be uploading their reports - and every time they upload something, we wish to have a new row in the database (as a list of filenames & File URLs uploaded).

Thanks in advance…

Hello, @ajaybakshi
Thanks for reaching out.

Please check my response on your request in this thread AWS File Uploader - S3 objects help - #3 by Ecaterina

Best regards,

Hello, I’m having issues with the plugin.

The GUI Uploader is working perfectly fine, but the NO GUI Uploader is getting an error when I try to upload an image. The error message states, “The bucket does not allow ACLs”, and the NO GUI uploader just hangs there. I am somewhat of a newbie, so the only way I was able to see the error message, was to create an action from the “NO GUI Upload Error event”, to write it into a database field.

From my understanding, ACLs shouldn’t be used, correct? If they are turned on, the bucket owner enforced setting is turned off. This goes against the instructions in the documentation.

Someone please help!

Note:
CORS and Bucket Policy settings are correct, according to the documentation. Plugin settings are correct as well. The GUI Uploader works perfectly fine and I am able to upload, view and delete images from my app. It seems the NO GUI Uploader is depending on ACLs for some reason.

Hello, @avillanueva
Thanks for reaching out and for reporting the issue.

Please allow me to note that in the case of the total following documentation, provided for the plugin, this issue should not appear.
In the Access control list (ACL) area make sure that all the options look like on the image below to match our configuration:

Looking to hearing from you soon.
Best regards,

Hi @Ecaterina,

I’ve checked and rechecked the documentation as well as my settings, and everything seems to be correct. Again, the GUI Uploader works perfectly fine with no issues. It’s just the NO GUI Uploader that is having issues. My ACL area does look identical to what you’ve posted.

Hello, @avillanueva
Thanks for the screenshot.

Due to the unidentified cause of this error, I would like to ask you to record a screencast, where you are uploading the file with the NoGui element. After it, I need to see the appeared error for further investigation with the developers.

I’m really sorry for this inconvenience, however, we need to carefully analyze it :pray:

Best regards,

Hello, @zeroqode2 / @Ecaterina

I’m having a similar problem with the No Gui Uploader element.

Attached is a video of what is happening.

The Uploader Gui works fine.

https://www.loom.com/share/644a93d38ef14b1faf7fab968ae7ad4f