Services Plugins FAQs

☁️ AWS File Uploader - New Plugin from Zeroqode

Okay so I played around a little further and was successful.
I had to set two conditions using the Policy Generator.

I’m a little confused though because the Plugin Docs say I can check the ‘Block ALL Public Access’ checkbox but when I do I cant view/download the files within my app. (using the same policy)

When the Box isn’t checked and I use my policies from my point of view it would seem the files are secure. I’m guessing someone with a slightly higher level of programming might still be able to access my files?

For now I have my solution but somewhere down the line I may revisit this topic with the same question.

1 Like

Hello @Vin

Thanks reaching out and getting hang of the plugin setup by yourself!
The documentation shows a scenario used for Test Case of the Permissions tab from AWS Console. However due to constant updates of the AWS S3 , the best way to set your Permissions like CORS Configuration or Bucket Policies, is to follow AWS S3 Documentation in order to understand the desired requirements of your application.

However if some issues occur with the plugin, please do not hesitate to post the issue with as much details as possible, like screenshots of setup, workflows, console.logs, steps to reproduce the issue etc so we could help you better.
:pray:
Thanks for understanding.

Regards,
Dumitru.

Hello,

Is there a way to get “Upload progress of current file” in NoGUI file uploader?
Currently this feature is only there in the normal fileuploader.

Hello @alan

I’m afraid the File Upload NoGUI element does not have this state option at the moment.
Sorry for not being helpful. :pray:

Regards,
Dumitru.

Hello,
I’m try to upload https://s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/adyogi-bubble/fc67eba5-d236-4fb8-9d87-32e997389d2a/RARERABBIT%2050%%20OFF%20OPTION%202.mp4 using NOGUI Fileuploader. But strangely it’s not picking up the file

Same file when uploaded using the normal Fileuploader it’s working fine.

Please check what’s causing the issue.

Hello @alan

Unfortunately, the issue is not reproducing on our side. We’ve tested the NoGui Element with different file formats (including .mp4), they’ve uploaded normally using it.

Seems like the file is simply not uploading maybe. Have you tried other different files? What is your setup, workflow, can you provide more details? So we could help you better.

Hello @Dumitru,
Thanks for the reply.
The issue is just with this particular video file.
Other video files are getting uploaded fine. But can you help me identify what’s wrong with the video? Occasionally, I get videos like this, that my users are not able to upload using the NoGUI File uploader.

I have added the link to the video above.

Also, just adding an observation, post converting the video file online, it gets uploaded fine. Conversion can be changing the format or just reducing the size a bit. ( Now this is strange because both format and size shouldn’t be an issue in this case)

Hi @alan

Regarding this particular file, not sure exactly what may cause the uploading issue.
It may be best to check the file integrity and how it is encoded.
I understand that user may try to upload lots of different files which may be corrupted or broken , however it is not an issue with the plugin per se but rather with the file type.

Maybe add a validation procedure before uploading, believe with a plugin like Get MIME Type - https://bubble.io/plugin/get-mime-type-file-extension-1522696718136x574197809845895200
you could check the files prior uploading to check that is a correct file type.

Regards,
Dumitru.

Hi, the crop feature in the file uploader is not functioning when two file uploaders are added in one page. Attached is a recorded video( https://www.loom.com/share/34c91e57c8bc43788c14e9a99e01c238 ) of the issue, here you can clearly see when I remove the second file up-loader it starts to work fine. It looks like a critical bug to be resolved.

Hello Alan!

Let us check this out, and provide an update on the matter asap!

Regards,
Dumitru

@Dumitru Hello, Any update here?

Hello @alan

Sorry for late response :pray: , we pushed the update to live and should be available.
Please upgrade to latest version of plugin, place the element on page , refresh the app and give it a try.

Regards

1 Like

Is there a good way for me to create a warning if the user tries to close their browser before the download is finished?

@Dumitru Three issues in file uploader which is bothering me lately,

1. Crop function is not functioning (very critical for our app)
  2. When trying to zoom out in the crop window, it’s creating a secondary image beside the real image.
  3. Crop window is covering the entire page, forcing users to scroll down and then click the submit button.

Attaching a link to the recorded video of the issues mentioned. Everything was working till a week ago, please check what went wrong.

Hi guys,

Let me jump in and provide some insights here.

@jeffmccutcheon unfortunately, our plugin doesn’t come with an event for downloading files, but it comes with a couple of events that might be handy:

You can check demo, its editor and docs, for more information. Although browser itself can ask you whether you want to stay or leave the page while it’s performing. However, if that’s not your concern, you could find perhaps some implementations or more help here https://forum.bubble.io/.

@alan could you please share some more details:

1. screenshots of your app and workflows (esp. plugin related)
  2. browser version and OS you’re using for developing this project
  3. the exact steps to reproduce these issues
  4. describing what you’re trying to accomplish with this plugin

Because we’re not able to replicate them on our side, unfortunately. It seems to be working properly. But with more details, we’ll get a better troubleshooting and come back with a reply on this matter asap.

Thank you for understanding.

Best,
Alex

Hey! Can I delete files via api workflow like schedule a delete workflow. Thanks.

@alexandru Is it possible to delete files via api workflow. Or add the url to CORS so as to allow the same.

1 Like

@alexandru, I can add someone from your team as a collaborator in my app. Will that do?

Hi @Dumitru, I guess I figured out why some files are not getting uploaded. it’s the percent sign (%) in the filename ( e.g asd-20%-off.png) which is causing the issue. When I remove “%” from the file name, it works fine. Is there any specific reason why file uploader restricts files with a filename like these.

Only happening in NO GUI Fileuploader

Hi guys,

@koechamos51,

Theoretically - yes. It should be possible to schedule a delete workflow with this plugin.

@alan,

Please go to Settings - Collaboration tab within your editor. Add our support@zeroqode.com account to your collaborator’s list. Also, please tell us your app name and page name where this problem occurs on test.

Note: avoid the warning message regarding plan, as we are an agency and you can easily add us to your collaborators.

We’ll investigate it inside your app and get back to you with a feedback asap.

This one it is something that we might not be able to influence, as it is the way Amazon performs by using some %, so when you insert an extra one - it throws an error. But let us check on it as well and I’ll notify you back asap. It also seems to be returning an error with the GUI uploader I’m afraid.

Thank you in advance for patience.